PDA

View Full Version : How's the P47 in 4.0?

sgilewicz
06-15-2005, 08:55 AM
I've been reading everyone's evaluations of their fave rides in 4.0 but haven't really seen anything about the jug. Has anything changed? Did the glass jaw get addressed at all? Just wondering. Would like to hear your thoughts!

sgilewicz
06-15-2005, 08:55 AM
I've been reading everyone's evaluations of their fave rides in 4.0 but haven't really seen anything about the jug. Has anything changed? Did the glass jaw get addressed at all? Just wondering. Would like to hear your thoughts!

KGr.HH-Sunburst
06-15-2005, 09:17 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sgilewicz:
I've been reading everyone's evaluations of their fave rides in 4.0 but haven't really seen anything about the jug. Has anything changed? Did the glass jaw get addressed at all? Just wondering. Would like to hear your thoughts! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

glass jaw is still there i think, yesterday on WC one MG151 in a headon took my engine out, the rest of the DM is fine i took multiple mk108s and mg151 hits and i was still flying in one piece.
The Jug is still flying rock solid though and the 8 50cals are still up to it, i had no problem cutting wings of 109s.
she got a bit heavier but for the rest she's still the same from what i could feel.
one thing you need to do is change the yaw input of your joystick
ive got a very low curve so she wont wobble around as much when using rudder

Hydra444
06-15-2005, 09:58 AM
She seems abit lighter her toes.Might just be the feel of her now.Also,it seems much easier to keep ur speed above 350kph,even down on the deck.But it seems that the game has now taken on a new face in that many of the planes seem much faster then they were before.Or maybe its cause all the time i've been spending in the 109 has taught me to not yank the stick around as to not lose to much energy.

sgilewicz
06-15-2005, 10:29 AM
I use a cyborg evo with oleg's joystick profile. To date this has been a good combination. I don't use extreme manuevers usually because I normally fly BnZ planes (jug, 190, 109 & pony). Will I still need to adjust the yaw settings? I am pretty light handed with rudder inputs and never snap all the way and then release. I try for gradual application and return. Thanks.

WOLFMondo
06-15-2005, 10:32 AM
Its great but porpoises allot, the elevator is also extremely responsive, the rudder also causes some serious inertia. Although the FM is nice I prefered it the way it was. Its greeat for slashing attacks but Its very hard to actually flight straight and level in formation or line up dead on someones 6 six now.

StellarRat
06-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Works about the same. A bit faster maybe. Less prone to engine fires now too. However, since the 109's and 190's are better now you definitely do not want to get into a low to med alt dogfight with them. Up high it is still better than anything except maybe the TA-152 and P-38L late (both vastly improved.) Sucks fuel like a pig now if you keep it above 90% throttle. At 110% you can go through 100 gallons in 10 minutes.