PDA

View Full Version : Need conf.ini setting for each individual campaign....

mortoma
02-28-2005, 11:28 PM
One thing would be nice for offline careers ( but it's not likely to happen ) would be to have the conf.ini setting for each individual campaign, such as Airintensity= type of settings. I'm finding that if I set my Airintensity to low the Pacific campaigns are more tolerable but then my eastern front campaigns are way too easy!!! I have to set the intensity level low of the Pacific otherwise I get a super bad odds airbattle every time, where my side is outnumbered 10 to 1 or worse. Even with the setting set to low I still get outnumbered most of the time but it's more manageable. But with the same setting as a German or Russian pilot with the very same setting we always outnumber the enemy and it's a cake walk, and also it makes it hard to get kills since the competition is so stiff from the AI. There maybe six on your side but only two enemy fighters. All I know is that the Pacific part is not very well balanced with the eastern front ( or western ) part. Too bad they didn't think of this from the beginning!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

mortoma
03-02-2005, 04:46 PM
I agree %100 percent with myself!!!

MaxMhz
03-03-2005, 04:17 AM
conf.ini is not specific to a campaign AFAIK.

It would be nice if conf.ini were read more often though (when pressing 'Esc' ingame e.g.)...

See link in my sig - hope it helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mortoma
03-03-2005, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MaxMhz:
conf.ini is not specific to a campaign AFAIK.

It would be nice if conf.ini were read more often though (when pressing 'Esc' ingame e.g.)...

See link in my sig - hope it helps http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, I know it's not specific to a campaign!!! I was just saying it would be nice if it was. Since there is a large degree of difference between the difficulty encountered in the Pacific and the difficulty of the eastern front. Typically, Pacific camapigns are about twice or three times more challenging than the eastern front ones are, with the exact same settings in the conf.ini. Therefore it's much harder to progress and survuve in the Pacific campaigns. Am I the only one who's noticed it's much harder to survive in a Paficic offline career?? If you play DiD ( dead is dead ) you find your Pacific campaign over quickly, cause you're gonna get killed a lot easier than the eastern front campaigns. I was just trying to point out the lack of balance between the older campaigns as far as difficulty, as compared to the newer Pacific ones.

jeroen_R90S
03-05-2005, 11:45 AM
One of the reasons I don't play Pacific campaigns is exactly the reason you mention.

This afternoon I started a Seafire campaing, we faced 15 N1K1-Js with only 4 Seafires. 6 at first, but they kept spawning everywhere. That sucks.

I like the Eastern Front more, so I keep playing that and don't like to switch conf-files around every time.

So this option is 100% welcome!

Jeroen

mortoma
03-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Yes, it would be welcome but is it possible in the time we have left for FB+AEP+PF development?? I doubt it, so really my whole thread here is almost entirely moot, more of a lament ( that the difficulty levels were not sync'd up properly to begin with ) than anything. I know what you mean, I have my settings in my Dgen DB/dat files and my conf.ini file all set to give me the lowest amount of enemy aircraft available in the Pacific part but to no avail, I still get over a dozen enemies attacking my and my 3 wingmates a lot of the time. It is survivavble if you're in the right plane but if you are in the wrong plane and have few advantages, you get slaughtered!!!! So I went back to the eastern front again too.