PDA

View Full Version : Saving... Quiting... Courtesans... ??

Flora-Steel
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Playing AC2 on the 360... I've lost several hours of game play--the treasure map for San Giovanni and all the treasures I found after using the map and I've lost all the feathers for this area too. What did I do to cause this? I apparently improperly quit a Race I was trying to get through by Pausing the game...but instead of selecting Quit which would have done a 'forced save' (?) I quit directly to the Dashboard. The game does not save after picking up treasures and/or feathers. However, you can Quit which will force a save and then restart before attempting or doing something you might regret. Any input on this?

Is there a more graceful way of quiting a mission or in this case a Race I've accepted? Any input on this?

I've tried several times to use the Coutesans to sidetrack guards but haven't figured out how to do this. I suspect it may be to early in the game? When I target a Courtesan I get a red chevron icon over the one targeted. There is no 'Y' button option to hire them; and they won't follow Ezio. Have I already 'offended' them? OR, do I need to get further into the missions/story? So far I get past guards I must get past to get the first codex or a treasure by a good 'ol fist fight. Any input on this?

Thanks. This is my first AC2 post.

Flora-Steel
12-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Playing AC2 on the 360... I've lost several hours of game play--the treasure map for San Giovanni and all the treasures I found after using the map and I've lost all the feathers for this area too. What did I do to cause this? I apparently improperly quit a Race I was trying to get through by Pausing the game...but instead of selecting Quit which would have done a 'forced save' (?) I quit directly to the Dashboard. The game does not save after picking up treasures and/or feathers. However, you can Quit which will force a save and then restart before attempting or doing something you might regret. Any input on this?

Is there a more graceful way of quiting a mission or in this case a Race I've accepted? Any input on this?

I've tried several times to use the Coutesans to sidetrack guards but haven't figured out how to do this. I suspect it may be to early in the game? When I target a Courtesan I get a red chevron icon over the one targeted. There is no 'Y' button option to hire them; and they won't follow Ezio. Have I already 'offended' them? OR, do I need to get further into the missions/story? So far I get past guards I must get past to get the first codex or a treasure by a good 'ol fist fight. Any input on this?

Thanks. This is my first AC2 post.

JudgeQwerty
12-08-2009, 04:16 PM
Courtesans become available early in the story. Just keep playing a bit more and you'll be hirign high-class sex workers in no time. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

As fpr quiiting a race... I don't know, I usually just keep racing until I beat it.

OzDavis
12-08-2009, 04:42 PM
There is an 'Abort Memory' option that I have used to quit out of an assassination contract before. If memory serves, it appears in the pause menu. I would assume it will work just as well with races.

Flora-Steel
12-08-2009, 05:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OzDavis:
There is an 'Abort Memory' option that I have used to quit out of an assassination contract before. If memory serves, it appears in the pause menu. I would assume it will work just as well with races. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks much all. That reminds me... When Ezio is jumping around on beams and happens across a horizontal round pole he...my Ezio...gets stuck hanging from the pole. How do I get him swinging again and how do I release him so he swings to the next beam or pole or whatever?? Thanks.

OzDavis
12-08-2009, 06:59 PM
Move your Movement Stick forward and press the High Profile and Legs buttons.
(i.e. Left Stick, Right Trigger and A on the XBox - don't know for PS3)

That should get Ezio swinging and he should release himself when he's good and ready! ;-)

Flora-Steel
12-08-2009, 11:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OzDavis:
Move your Movement Stick forward and press the High Profile and Legs buttons.
(i.e. Left Stick, Right Trigger and A on the XBox - don't know for PS3)

That should get Ezio swinging and he should release himself when he's good and ready! ;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm starting Sequence 2...trying to learn how to blend in and hopefully get rid of Ezio's solid red notoriety--swinging on poles will have to wait--but thanks for explaining this. BTW, I think I'll skip the Races. I HATE timed action sequences. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif