PDA

View Full Version : The two games pros and cons.

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 03:31 AM
I started playing AC1 again last night and after months (maybe a year cant remember when AC2 was released now) of playing AC2 i feel that i cannot get into AC1, the fightings limited, none of the buildings have names or lil bits of history about them or the characters, teaches you nothing this game. In comparrison to AC2 its very lame IMO. I personally think Altair sucks hes American but in the Crusades poor effort. Hes got no charisma atall in comparrison to Ezio.

The gameplay its self is allot worse too and i found myself starting AC2 about a tenth time (not that i mind i do love it) I dont know how i ever coped with the first game. I forgot how much of an improvment the second one was.

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 03:31 AM
I started playing AC1 again last night and after months (maybe a year cant remember when AC2 was released now) of playing AC2 i feel that i cannot get into AC1, the fightings limited, none of the buildings have names or lil bits of history about them or the characters, teaches you nothing this game. In comparrison to AC2 its very lame IMO. I personally think Altair sucks hes American but in the Crusades poor effort. Hes got no charisma atall in comparrison to Ezio.

The gameplay its self is allot worse too and i found myself starting AC2 about a tenth time (not that i mind i do love it) I dont know how i ever coped with the first game. I forgot how much of an improvment the second one was.

SevketErhat
07-08-2010, 04:05 AM
Second game is much better but I prefer Altair a bit more over Ezio

EzioAssassin51
07-08-2010, 04:07 AM
Wait... where are the pros?

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 04:09 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SevketErhat:
Second game is much better but I prefer Altair a bit more over Ezio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But as i argued on another thread he had an American accent (i really disliked that about Altair) not very real was it at least Ezio was authentic.

greekassassin1
07-08-2010, 04:28 AM
yeah i've started AC1 2 days before and it's much simpler than AC2 indeed!But i like Altair,he is tough! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

greekassassin1
07-08-2010, 04:33 AM
Oh..the pros on AC2 is that a game packet is much better!Better gameplay,new moves etc.and not repetitive!The thing i like about AC1 is that is more difficult because you don't have all those smoke bombs!Moreover,guards are stronger and they can break you block!Especially the Templars!I love fighting the templars!(the original templars...the Knights with the red cross on their uniform)

El_Sjietah
07-08-2010, 04:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SevketErhat:
Second game is much better but I prefer Altair a bit more over Ezio </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But as i argued on another thread he had an American accent (i really disliked that about Altair) not very real was it at least Ezio was authentic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, Italians speaking English with an accent is much more authentic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 04:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:

But as i argued on another thread he had an American accent (i really disliked that about Altair) not very real was it at least Ezio was authentic. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeh, Italians speaking English with an accent is much more authentic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you have the choice at the start of the game to select Itlaian or English so they have made that quite authentic you just dont choose the Italian cos you cant speak it or can you?? I am learning Italian as we speak getting better soon i will be able to play the game in itallian too. But i think Italians speaking english with accents is allot better than an American in the Holyland in 1191 silly stuff that.

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 04:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by greekassassin1:
Oh..the pros on AC2 is that a game packet is much better!Better gameplay,new moves etc.and not repetitive!The thing i like about AC1 is that is more difficult because you don't have all those smoke bombs!Moreover,guards are stronger and they can break you block!Especially the Templars!I love fighting the templars!(the original templars...the Knights with the red cross on their uniform) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed there are great bits to the first game and killing the templar knights is one think i wished theyd kept harder though in a different period i spose. i just cannot get over the fact hes american but arabic at the same time.

El_Sjietah
07-08-2010, 05:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by El_Sjietah:

Yeh, Italians speaking English with an accent is much more authentic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well you have the choice at the start of the game to select Itlaian or English so they have made that quite authentic you just dont choose the Italian cos you cant speak it or can you?? I am learning Italian as we speak getting better soon i will be able to play the game in itallian too. But i think Italians speaking english with accents is allot better than an American in the Holyland in 1191 silly stuff that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you choose Italian, the modern day assassins suddenly speak Italian as well, so it still doesn't add up.

And hearing an Arab speak English in the holyland is silly either way. Accent or no accent. If I had to choose, I'd choose no accent though, because that makes them sound less mentally challenged. To me Ezio sounded like he was slow in the head. One of the reasons I prefer Altair actually.

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 05:59 AM

Well you have the choice at the start of the game to select Itlaian or English so they have made that quite authentic you just dont choose the Italian cos you cant speak it or can you?? I am learning Italian as we speak getting better soon i will be able to play the game in itallian too. But i think Italians speaking english with accents is allot better than an American in the Holyland in 1191 silly stuff that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you choose Italian, the modern day assassins suddenly speak Italian as well, so it still doesn't add up.

And hearing an Arab speak English in the holyland is silly either way. Accent or no accent. If I had to choose, I'd choose no accent though, because that makes them sound less mentally challenged. To me Ezio sounded like he was slow in the head. One of the reasons I prefer Altair actually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MMM i see were your coming from. O i diddnt realise that as i have never done it that silly because the modern day characters are clearly English and American. I know what you mean the whole assassins VS Templars thing took Ezio along time to comprahend and get what ws going on but then maybe i only think that cos i ahve played AC1 first and knew the score anyway.

greekassassin1
07-08-2010, 06:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by greekassassin1:
Oh..the pros on AC2 is that a game packet is much better!Better gameplay,new moves etc.and not repetitive!The thing i like about AC1 is that is more difficult because you don't have all those smoke bombs!Moreover,guards are stronger and they can break you block!Especially the Templars!I love fighting the templars!(the original templars...the Knights with the red cross on their uniform) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed there are great bits to the first game and killing the templar knights is one think i wished theyd kept harder though in a different period i spose. i just cannot get over the fact hes american but arabic at the same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah it's kinda stupid and not normal...it would be much more authentic if Altair was speaking English with Arabic accent!I love Ezio's accent http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

EzioAssassin51
07-08-2010, 07:05 AM

And hearing an Arab speak English in the holyland is silly either way. Accent or no accent. If I had to choose, I'd choose no accent though, because that makes them sound less mentally challenged. To me Ezio sounded like he was slow in the head. One of the reasons I prefer Altair actually. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does he sound slow in the head? All Italians who were born and raised in Italy and have gotten the accent sound pretty much like Ezio does when speaking English.

So by saying this it is almost as if you are claiming all Italians speaking English with an accent are/sound like they are slow in the head!!

But i doubt that's what you meant http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

El_Sjietah
07-08-2010, 07:25 AM
Well, every other character talked English with an accent as well, but they sounded fine. It's just the way Ezio pronounces things that makes him sound kind of slow. Not sure what it is though. Maybe it's the long vowels and soft consonants.

SevketErhat
07-08-2010, 07:28 AM
Altair with Syrian accent doesn't sound that bad to me (as long as it features english subtitles)

Ru1986
07-08-2010, 08:27 AM
Altair with Syrian accent doesn't sound that bad to me (as long as it features english subtitles) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really were have you herd this after all Altairs from NYC is he not http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EDIT: Sorry that joke would have been funnier if i knew which accent the guy that did altairs voiceover was from if you get me.

lilbacchant
07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Altair with Syrian accent doesn't sound that bad to me (as long as it features english subtitles) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Really were have you herd this after all Altairs from NYC is he not http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EDIT: Sorry that joke would have been funnier if i knew which accent the guy that did altairs voiceover was from if you get me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't really get this complaint ... well, if you're just espousing your personal taste I suppose, why not. But as far as the game goes, it makes perfect sense because the animus is purposefully translating -- i.e., altering the voices and language -- for Desmond's benefit. Since Desmond is american, the animus accomodates what'd be comfortable for him.

If the reverse was true, and Desmond was syrian and his ancestor was in america, presumably the animus would be translating all that american gibberish into arabic.

I personally thinks it's pretty cool how in both AC1&2 they've incorporated this translation into the story. In AC1, Lucy explains why, e.g., he's hearing modern english vs. old english. And, if I remember correctly, in AC2 he thanks Rebecca for the subtitles because of the leftover bits of italian she didn't have time to "clean up" in the code.

And, btw, don't feel bad about not knowing where Altair's voice-actor hails from ... I'm american and I have no idea which region his accent is from -- hell, I never even thought of him as having an accent. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

zarens
07-08-2010, 02:37 PM

if you want to you can change it to italian you *****...but most people prefer somin they understand, and accent makes it feel better, try the guide to being normal!

El_Sjietah
07-09-2010, 04:46 AM
First, learn to quote. Second, no need for namecalling. And third, read the entire thread before making snobby remarks.

emeel88
07-09-2010, 05:29 AM
The Templars look better in AC1 than in AC2. Everbody know that Templars are suited in white with a red cross. Why in AC2 nobody looks like a historical templar they are hiding?

lilbacchant
07-09-2010, 12:54 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by emeel88:
The Templars look better in AC1 than in AC2. Everbody know that Templars are suited in white with a red cross. Why in AC2 nobody looks like a historical templar they are hiding? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes the Templars went underground.

Historically, the templars were disbanded as a group, in very bloody fashion, by the Pope and King of France in the early 14th century.

Oatkeeper
07-09-2010, 03:05 PM
Its been A while since I played AC1, but I did play it right before AC2 so this is my list

AC1 Pros:
- Stronger emphasis on the "Creed"
- Guards where harder to run from and didnt give up easily, making hiding actually necessary, hence the stealth element.
- The actual assassination missions at the end of memory sequences where designed a bit better
- The Missions where you had to make it back to a base undetected, I really was disappointed there wasn't ANY of these in AC2.
- Finding Templars was fun (Borgia messengers where fun in their own right but they weren't hidden and appeared too often)
AC1 Cons:
- repetitive mission structure with no buildup to the actual assassinations.
- Water = Death (though I can understand it)
- Counter Kill &gt; Counter Kill &gt; Counter Kill &gt; Counter Kill &gt; Win

AC2 Pros:
- Better Mission Structure (a lot of it actually builds to the story)
- Easier to Air Assassinate
- New ways to assassinate
- Side Mission Contract
- More enemy types (still need one who can follow up buildings and catch you, as the one that was supposed to didn't do a very good job at it)
AC2 Cons:
- Medicine, while the idea of having medicine is fine, in AC2 medicine was way too accessible.
- Guards are far too easy to run from, just climb a building or two, hiding was NEVER necessary.
- Block could very never be broken and enemies rarely tried to disarm you.
- Notoriety was way to easy too keep down when "Notorious", would have been nice to see it have multiple levels and be harder to bring down at higher ones.

Ru1986
07-10-2010, 05:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by zarens:

if you want to you can change it to italian you *****...but most people prefer somin they understand, and accent makes it feel better, try the guide to being normal!

Yeh, Italians speaking English with an accent is much more authentic http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL who does this guy think he is. If your not mature enough to use a forum maybe mummy shouldnt let you hey?

On a related note i had never thought of it from the animus point of view of course it would have to translate for Desmond to understand whats happening..