PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Movies

TJByrum2
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Is there any movies worth watching reminding you of the Assassins in AC?

I know that they drew inspiration from the Hashshashin Sect, any movies on it?

TJByrum2
06-02-2010, 05:30 PM
Is there any movies worth watching reminding you of the Assassins in AC?

I know that they drew inspiration from the Hashshashin Sect, any movies on it?

Abeonis
06-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Prince of Persia?

SevketErhat
06-02-2010, 11:56 PM
I wonder if there is any other movies other than Prince of Persia.

SevketErhat
06-02-2010, 11:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SevketErhat:
I wonder if there are any other movies other than Prince of Persia. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Azugo
06-03-2010, 12:07 AM
@SevketErhat:

Your sig looks way too stretched... And uh, what's with the double-posting that's quoting yourself?

Anyway, I haven't seen it but maybe the movie "Ninja Assassin".

SevketErhat
06-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Sorry double post. I think most of the forums use 500 * 200 for sig size. I will change it though

EmperorxZurg
06-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Ninja Assassin seemed more Ninja-ey than assassin to me when I saw it. Mostly because it's a bunch of Japanese ninjas and the word assassin was basically just pasted on there. It was a pure ninja movie

SevketErhat
06-03-2010, 12:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Ninja Assassin seemed more Ninja-ey than assassin to me when I saw it. Mostly because it's a bunch of Japanese ninjas and the word assassin was basically just pasted on there. It was a pure ninja movie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed. It has nothing to do with being an assassin. Not a good film as well. Scott Adkins' Ninja is way way better

Ru1986
06-03-2010, 01:47 AM
What about Assassins Creed Lineage that was a short Film all about the events that happened before the game. You want a film that comes close to AC well ther you have it i just wish they had made a film for the first one. As for the books there are two "Renaisence" and "the Invisible Imam" I have read Renaisence but cant find the invisible Imam anywere.

itsamea-mario
06-03-2010, 01:49 AM
i thought the ninjas in ninja assassin were way to hack and slash, just randomly cutting of limbs, with litttle presicion, not like ac2 assassins attacking vital spots, one stab to the neck and dead.

but the word ninja is actually japanese for assassin, sooo the films called assassin assassin.

EmperorxZurg
06-03-2010, 08:14 AM
Ru: THe invisible Imam was never published because descendants of the hashashin sect "advised" ubi to not publish it. Sorta weird they just didn't want that one book published though...

Ru1986
06-03-2010, 08:39 AM
O really i diddnt realise that because they advertise it on Amazon but it allways says out of stock, that must be why. So were was the book suposed to be going wrong according to the Hasashins? It (the book) might have explained why an Assassin in the times of the Crusades had an American Accent i still am not sure why Altair was American anyone on here shead any light on that or am i just not looking properly?

Cpt_Yanni
06-03-2010, 09:16 AM
Assassin's Creed Lineage http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ... It's not a movie but a shortmovie but it's worth viewing imo.

lilbacchant
06-03-2010, 04:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
It (the book) might have explained why an Assassin in the times of the Crusades had an American Accent i still am not sure why Altair was American anyone on here shead any light on that or am i just not looking properly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

He wasn't american. Lucy explained the language discrepencies to Desmond as the animus translating for his benefit.

EmperorxZurg
06-03-2010, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ru1986:
O really i diddnt realise that because they advertise it on Amazon but it allways says out of stock, that must be why. So were was the book suposed to be going wrong according to the Hasashins? It (the book) might have explained why an Assassin in the times of the Crusades had an American Accent i still am not sure why Altair was American anyone on here shead any light on that or am i just not looking properly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya the animus translated language and the translator might have been American. And the book continued the story of Altair and his adventures either after AC1 or before, I forget lol but it's just like an adventure novel based off of him. The hashashin descendants were just worried that they were being shed in a bad light...

Pheenox
06-04-2010, 10:04 AM
Assassins Creed Lineage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcE8xJkK6t4

Its a 35min Vid about what happens before Assassins Creed 2... tells something about Ezio's life.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

HeavenAwaits
06-04-2010, 10:34 AM
haha Prince of Persia. Defenently. Lol

JohnConnor2012
06-04-2010, 12:10 PM
'The Parallax View' is a great assassin movie, though absolutely nothing to do with AC2. Check it out!

Six_Gun
06-04-2010, 02:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
Ninja Assassin seemed more Ninja-ey than assassin to me when I saw it. Mostly because it's a bunch of Japanese ninjas and the word assassin was basically just pasted on there. It was a pure ninja movie </div></BLOCKQUOTE>One of the 4 key elements of Ninja training IS assassination. The only reason that movie didn't focus on actual solo stealth assassination is because obviously the main character betrayed them and caused them to come after him in masses, which ironically was also an assassination order from their master. If you recall, the main character's right of passage to becoming a full fledged Ninja was in fact an assassination order on the big guy in the restaurant bathroom he attacked.