PDA

View Full Version : Split Screen?

SilentAce07
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
So Ive been looking for an answer and I just havent been able to find it anywhere.

If conviction is a port, the pc split screen is a possibility. Especially with gamepad support. So I must ask, is split screen an option?

SilentAce07
04-14-2010, 01:22 PM
So Ive been looking for an answer and I just havent been able to find it anywhere.

If conviction is a port, the pc split screen is a possibility. Especially with gamepad support. So I must ask, is split screen an option?

sameer_monier
04-14-2010, 01:44 PM
i don't think so, sorry

Jason-Alaska
04-14-2010, 01:45 PM
I have not heard that it will. None of the other SC games offered SC split screen. I doubt this will be an exception.

TheStranger.
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Does the 360 even have split screen support? For some reason i'm thinking it doesn't. I could be wrong though.

gytamas88
04-14-2010, 04:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SilentAce07:

If conviction is a port, the pc split screen is a possibility. Especially with gamepad support. So I must ask, is split screen an option? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope, the PC version will not have split screen support. At least that's what Beland said some month back in a video.

Datashocker
04-15-2010, 12:38 AM
Damn. If it did I would defiantly be picking up the pc version instead of Xbox.

GuZZ33
04-15-2010, 02:03 AM
I found this information in the Dev Q&A under the PC question & answers ...

*When you play SCC in split-screen mode on a 4:3 television will it be full screen or letterboxed?
When playing in split-screen mode on a 4:3 television the game will be letterboxed.

Christiaan_de_J
04-15-2010, 10:31 AM
on here it says:

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/61886

"Update: Ubisoft has confirmed with Shacknews that Splinter Cell: Conviction PC will indeed sport both the online and split-screen multiplayer modes."

although that was back in januari and I don't know to trustable it is....if it does turn out to be true I hope they do it like Trine, so you can have 2 keyboards and 2 mouses http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (or gamepads of course, if you fancy that)

kleaneasy
04-15-2010, 11:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheStranger.:
Does the 360 even have split screen support? For some reason i'm thinking it doesn't. I could be wrong though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its got split screen in co-op local play yes, I'll be honest I can't remember for PC off the top of my head but suspect the links posted above my post will be correct http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I'll let you know if I find out otherwise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SilentAce07
04-15-2010, 12:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ms-kleaneasy:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheStranger.:
Does the 360 even have split screen support? For some reason i'm thinking it doesn't. I could be wrong though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Its got split screen in co-op local play yes, I'll be honest I can't remember for PC off the top of my head but suspect the links posted above my post will be correct http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

I'll let you know if I find out otherwise http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ms. Kleaneasy, we have links above your post supporting both sides, that it WILL and then WILL NOT have split screen support. I understand the chances are low, but I do want to know before I buy.

Is there a way you could find out? Maybe catch the attention of a dev on here? It is information that we should know before we buy. I know youre insanely busy with the forums as the game was just released, but really I would appreciate a confirmed answer either way.

tse_tsz_tun
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
I don't think split screen will be good for a PC screen...

Blument
04-15-2010, 02:31 PM
QuidProKuo said in one thread that there is no splitscreen support for PC, only LAN/Online (LAN confirmed in the Q&A thread)

I don't have the link, sorry, I just remember his post.

jsamson2
04-15-2010, 08:32 PM
There's not really a point to split screen on PC, PC's never been very split screen friendly. So no, no split screen on PC.

SneakySoft
04-17-2010, 03:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jsamson2:
There's not really a point to split screen on PC, PC's never been very split screen friendly. So no, no split screen on PC. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that the pc's aren't splitscreen friendly, it's that no developer ever thought that a pc gamer could plug 2 controllers in his computer.

Everyone has gamepads at home these days. I even bought an xbox 360 controller to play burnout paradise on my pc. If this game support split screen I will definitely buy a second one.

sam2000_290
05-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Isn't it obvious that PC has no split-screen? All games doesn't have split-screen support on PC. If you have the console version, get it. Only console has split-screen.

bdknson
03-08-2011, 11:37 AM
To be fair, people need to stop thinking all PC gamers attach their boxes to monitors exclusively.

Some think split screen gaming is old school. While correct back in the day, is actually wrong today. Nowadays it's easy to hook up a PC to a big screen TV and 4 wireless xbox 360 controllers. The old adage "split screen is old school" is what's outdated, not the other way around. I have my machine hooked up to a 58" 3D lcd tv in the living room, with 4 wireless xbox 360 controllers connected to an HTPC with solid gaming capabilities.

This kind of rig is, or at least will be second nature in the near future, and outdated ideas like "PC games shouldn't do split screen because of monitor size and keyboard/mouse controls" will be irrelevant.

Also, arguing which control scheme is better for a type of game assumes we have no options. In fact, WE DO have options! You want to use keyboard and mouse? Go ahead! But don't assume EVERYONE needs keyboard and mouse controls, especially now we have solid options.

Why not give PC gamers the OPTION of both, split screen coop, and traditional online/lan coop? Clearly living room couch coop is going to increase, now that it's feasible and ridiculously easy to connect pcs in the livingroom with 4 controllers. Let's keep it real: It's not about difficulty in setup at all. It's about game producers wanting to sell more copies of the same game by not supporting split screen gaming.

My friends don't walk around carrying their gaming laptops 24/7. Most times, it's just random guests coming over looking for a quick coop game to pass time, without the prerequisite of having already brought their gaming pcs over.

A more realistic scenario is random guests showing up at your pad... not a group of pc gamers with uber laptops planning out a lan party. If your gaming takes planning, then it's not something normal people will do with the added effort, however minimal it is.

Cooperative gaming should not take a conference to get started. To me, coop gaming is more about entertaining random guests at your house than it is about a bunch of IT guys looking for some coop gaming.

Hopefully PC game devs see this as well. Time will show who is right in this.

Peace

sam2000_290
03-08-2011, 02:14 PM
Right....

Welcome to the forums first of all!

Second, some people, like my friends, don't mind bringing over their laptops. In fact, they like to take it with them every time they come over. I would rather play full screen to get all the high quality details.

Besides, why not get a console? It's what consoles are used for. And I do have a console. I have the game for both PC and xbox 360.

Something not normal people would do? Check that sentence again. Check your head again. You're implying that some people are not normal b/c they bring over laptops. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Some people still play LAN parties.

No need to complicate things. Just leave it as it is. PC can never support split screen unless they do something to the hardware.

This isn't about who is right and who isn't. It's about the limitations and preferences. Limitations of the machines and preferences of wanting to play split-screen or not. Some people have a PC and don't have any friends over and want to play online. You can't surely say that those people are not normal. Only preferences and tastes can increase sales, while considering the limitations. Coop is about fun. So what if it is about "a couple of IT looking for some coop gaming"?

Just have fun no matter what ways.

bdknson
03-08-2011, 07:35 PM
You're correct in highlighting my poor choice in words about "normal". It was meant in an inclusive context, because PC split screeners get no love, and not that laptop LAN parties are not normal.

My point was however to show that that there is real demand for split screen pc gaming, and my description of a living room pc was one example. People's ideas of normal should expand... and to be fair, including my own. No insult intended.

"No need to complicate things" is missing this point. It's not complicated at all to plug up a computer to a big screen tv and connect 4 wireless controllers.

"PC can never support split screen unless they do something to the hardware" is also not true. Kane & Lynch does this. So does Terminator Salvation, as well as Left 4 Dead. These games show it's not truly a limitation of hardware, but of the devs reluctance to create games with split screen options at conception. Whatever their reasons, there's no point in the players arguing why. I just want to see split screen gaming on PC get more attention that's all.

Have fun as well. I enjoy LAN parties as well, so bite my tongue, but dangit if we just get the serious option to do split screen as well.

Have fun

sam2000_290
03-08-2011, 09:27 PM
"People's ideas of normal should expand... and to be fair, including my own. No insult intended. "

Yeh...at least you said no insult intended.

The reason why I said that PC can never support split screen is that, the keyboard/mouse is always an issue. And not all of us can attach our computer to the TV. And so, it isn't practical to do splitscreen on the PC. There isn't enough room for 2 people to sit at 1 computer desk. Considering if you have a small room.

I played Serious Sam, the older ones, and the splitscreen just doesn't work. The keyboard/mouse just messes up. I move and P2 moves.

I just don't see the point of split screen for PC.

You said it isn't complicated, but for people that aren't hardware literate would spend hours just trying to hook up. Believe me, there are people like this. No offense of course. Then your point of "it's just random guests coming over looking for a quick coop game to pass time" just isn't valid. I am pretty good with hardware but not expert on it. Know the basic wires here and there, plug here and there, know the different plugs and some other stuff.

So yeah.

bdknson
03-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Your arguments against practicality of split screen PC gaming assumes it's being played on a desk, with keyboard+mouse and monitor...

That's the thing. Split screening was meant to be played on TV, on a couch, not on a desk, and with controllers. It's recreating the console experience, but without buying a separate system just for gaming. The only complication is your insistence on using your desk setup, to which split screening wasn't meant for.

That's equivalent to driving with your feet on the steering wheel and complaining about the practicality and its senselessness. Wasn't meant to be done that way to begin with. PC games can, and should provide split screen options standard, that's my opinion.

Your arguments about restrictions at the desk only applies if you insist on playing at the desk. Note, I'm only asking for an added OPTION for split screen in pc games. Those who play at the desk with keyboard and mouse can still do so, because split screen should be just an option.

When I said people's ideas of normal should expand, I was referring to this mentality that if it's not done their way, it's "impractical" or "not possible", when in fact, those assertions are untrue. If done as intended, it is practical, and with all these HD videocards and new laptops coming with HDMI out, many already can, and many eventually will, plug computers to a TV, if only just to watch a hulu stream and the many other streaming sites, which I'm sure you'd agree many already do. (sorry for the severe run-on, but you get the point hehe)

I don't consider myself super literate or even an expert in anything. I'm just an average Joe who happens to know that one can plug the wireless receiver for windows and connect wireless xbox 360 controllers to the pc. Because this experience was so easy, and knowing that split screen gaming on pc games IS possible and works very well (Kane & Lynch, Left 4 Dead), I wonder why the devs don't give more attention to it. Then I read these ideas coming from people about impracticality when that's just not true.

Lastly, it's VERY valid that a normal household may get friends and relatives show up just to hang out for a bit. Many times, these things aren't planned, and so I don't understand your rebuttal there. It's those times I wish more PC games had split screen.

sam2000_290
03-10-2011, 09:16 PM
My argument:

There is no need for split-screen on the PC.

Did you even understand what I mean by impractical? It's because there are people that aren't able to hook up to the TV. I know some people that can't do this. And making them do this, wastes time and just not important at all.

For xbox 360 controller on PC, you still need to spend money on the receiver. Not many people can afford. Like I can't. I got my xbox 360 as a gift.

I just think that there is no need. Then it destroys the purpose of the console.

And of course PC is on a desk. Where else would you have it? And the laptop is not supported. Even if you use the laptop to play and hook up to the TV and considering the buggyness on the game, the split-screen would just damage the laptop. And you're expecting people to move their PC from the desk to a TV. Yeh, some PCs are really sensitive and can't be moved around. My PC is very sensitive. When I need to fix my computer, I don't move it. I leave it around my desk area to fix it.

I never said it was NOT valid to get friends over to hang for a bit. I am just saying there are people that plan ahead, like my friends and I. I said it is not valid b/c it can take hours to set up. A quick coop game is not feasible anymore.

Leave the split-screen to the console.

bdknson
03-10-2011, 11:39 PM
"And making them do this, wastes time and just not important at all" implies split screen isn't an option but the only option. I recall earlier you said something about player "preferences". What I mean by an option is that players should be given a choice to play split screen should they want to, not because it's the only way to play the game. How is that not in line with a given player's "preferences" in the way they want to play?

About the wireless receiver's affordability factor... have you checked the prices of that item on ebay as of late? I could be wrong, but I doubt anyone who's buying games and game peripherals thinks 15 bucks AND below after shipping and taxes is a serious hit on their wallets for something that simplifies things so dramatically.

About split screen coop... it doesn't take hours to set up, not even minutes because it's all on the same screen, same machine, no planning required. I launch the game, sync up the controllers like you'd do with a 360 console, and I'm off gunning through a campaign with a buddy. It really is that simple. Like I said: recreating the console experience without buying a console. It takes more time and effort to "plan ahead" for LAN parties and online multiplayer. Split screening takes the planning out of the equation. Now, keep in mind I like running LAN parties on occasion as well, so I'm not putting people down about that by any means. I can't stress enough the need for an OPTION to play split screen. Somehow that's not getting through, despite multiple posts :S

Also, I only used the laptop example earlier to imply that people already know how to hook up a computer to the TV, and so saying "people would spend hours" setting this up isn't true. And if you read into it more, I said people already know it, if only because they like to stream hulu and stuff, and not because laptop is a good platform for split screen gaming.

And finally, to answer your question where else will a pc be? An htpc can be placed on a livingroom cabinet, and fit right in with the rest of your media equipment in terms of style. HTPCs are great. It truly is the ultimate convergence device in the living room. I don't want a console, especially if my htpc already has the gaming capabilities to do something similar. Right now, what I play are a few split screen shooters, street fighter, and same-screen sports games. They are the few couch coop offerings we do have on PC. Those that do it, do it right, and so yes, I think a separate console is redundant if you really wanna know. Therefore suggesting I get a console, JUST to get split screen ignores the fact that split screen is possible and done well on PC already. The only issue is availability of games; not technical limitations, and not practicality. It's an issue of priority, and development costs associated with adding split screen to pc games. Everything goes down to money, and so selling multiple copies of the same game is also an incentive to not have split screen pc games (going back to my initial post).

Bring split screen coop to more PC games! lol

P.S. - no one is suggesting you "move your computer" anywhere. I have my computer placed right under the TV in the media cabinet, and it isn't moving anywhere, anytime soon XD

I have my laptop for work, and an htpc for fun, simple as that.

sam2000_290
03-11-2011, 12:23 PM
1. Did I not make it clear?

2. I don't buy stuff online, of course for security reasons no matter how safe. Some of us don't like to spend money on these things and would rather spend on more useful things.

3. I said it takes somebody hours to set up. For me, it does take hours. Like yesterday, I was trying to get Windows Media Center to work with my Xbox 360. It took me like 3 hours, from 11-2pm just to sort it all out. Unfortunately, in the end, it didn't turn out well. And not everyone knows it.

4. To make money, you offer contents more than the technical aspect. Split-screen itself isn't really considered a content aspect. If you make PC split-screen, then it defeats the purpose of the console. And you're making the sales of xbox 360 and xbox 360 games decrease. Tell me how that is making money. You can't just work on one aspect and not the other. Sure everyone has a PC, but for people that has a console, you're limited them to the PC only. Then you might as well just not create a console then.

5. Yeh, you have your computer under the TV, not everyone has that. People have their PC on the desk. How else would you want them to play on the TV? Then you have to move the PC. Tell me how is it logical that you don't move the PC to connect with the TV. And it's to you, not everyone else, like your laptop for work. Yeh, not everyone does that. I in fact use my PC more often than the laptop.

6. The laptop again, isn't supported for SCC. And the game can make the laptop overheat easily. It may be easy to setup for a laptop, like everything else, but you're going to damage your laptop. I tested SCC on my laptop and it doesn't run. It lags like crazy, even on the lowest settings. I remember even an error saying the laptop isn't supported.

There should need to be any changes to PC gaming! Leave the split-screen to the consoles. If not, then you might as well just never created the console in the first place. Knowing that SCC is on xbox 360 and PC, and you include split-screen on PC, then xbox 360 sales will decrease. This goes the same way to your "separate console is redundant". Yeh, just destroy the console then.

bdknson
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM
1. "there is no need for split-screen on the PC" is not an argument, but a stance. But before you do so, yes I did read your reasons from previous posts... and so, for people who "can't connect their boxes to a TV", they can STILL leave their computers on the desktop since split-screen is, and should be just an OPTION. So what's your argument again? I gotta admit, these verbal gymnastics are getting hilarious.

2. You not buying stuff online is YOUR decision not to do so. We live in a free market system, and so your choice to not buy online confounds me as to how this is relevant to anything we are talking about here. I mentioned ebay listings as a quick gauge on current pricing of this receiver, not because eBay is the sole proprietor of such a device.

3. Ironic that consoles put you through this isn't it? I neither have to transcode, nor have to go through Microsoft's "Home Sharing" to access my media. My internal 2TB drive holds much of what I consume, while a simple mapped network share in my home NAS does the rest. What you're detailing is the unfortunate truth about proprietary boxes: limited compatibility with codecs, and the middleman nature of things like Home Sharing and Media Center libraries. I ask you, which is more "complicated" again?

4. Yes, and no. Consider what a console is to a game producer. Consoles are middlemen, in which the developers need multiple licenses to publish and sell their game on that platform. Honestly, it makes business sense to get rid of a middleman whenever possible don't you agree? The only reason a publisher would want their game on a console is to EXPAND access to their game, not limit to a single platform. Much of this is changing because of exclusivity partnerships in which the middleman pays producers for exclusivity. So, all this about consoles, has always been about control and money. All the complications are a result of middleman economics, not technological ones.

5. I agree wholeheartedly, which is why I push for an OPTION for split screen.

6. Well, then don't play it on laptop!

I must disagree, please do make change to PC gaming! Change is good here http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, why should I care if xbox 360 sales decrease? Let the free market decide who lives and dies.

sam2000_290
03-11-2011, 05:58 PM
1. Sure, leave the PC on the desktop. You're asking 2 people to sit at a desk then. It won't be very comfortable.

2 and 5. Everything seems to be about you. Your decisions that you want others to do for you. And ebay isn't all that safe. You're the one that brought up the receiver and etc. All these needs to be consumed.

3. It's not irony. I just don't know how to do it properly, hence, not many people here knows what to do. And I don't know what is a mapped network share or a NAS. Of course setting up the PC to the TV is complicated. The reason why it is hard to do the Windows Media thing is that it's internal. Setting up the PC is external. I need to figure out which wires go where, what to plug, what cables, plug in power, sounds, etc. Internally, everything is pretty much done for you and you just need to follow the instructions. Both ways are pretty hard to do.

4. If you're talking about the channel of distributions, it sure isn't consoles. And you're saying, we might as well, just never create the console, like I mentioned this many times. What about those talks that PC gaming would be extinct? I don't believe this, but it's being discussed. Consoles can't be the middlemen. If you say so and you eliminate this, how can you play console games without the console?

6. Your argument sure says that you should use laptops.

NO! Do not make changes to PC games. Change is not good here.

If you don't care then don't buy an xbox then. And b/c there is going to be consoles, split-screen would be for it. Then you have to suffer on the PC with no split-screen support.

Free market shouldn't decide who lives and dies. It decides who buys and sells what. Lives and dies is not up the free market but to the one who created us. Free market shouldn't even exist. We should just go back to the ways things were. Money sucks.

bdknson
03-11-2011, 06:46 PM
1.2 - Never, in ALL the posts I've made thus far did I ever suggest 2 people sit together on a desk and play a game. That's just misrepresenting what I said. I did however say that if you want to play on a desk with online/lan multiplayer go ahead, but don't deprive us of the option to play split screen. Keyword: Options - I must repeat OPTIONS lol

2.2 / 5.2 - How is a decision YOU make (not buying things online), be centered around me? How does my suggestion of providing options be centered around me, when I and many others with similar setups want an OPTION for split screen? A quick google search for split screen pc gaming will say I'm not alone. Aren't options an inclusive concept? If anything, you saying there shouldn't be an option because you find it too difficult is more about you, because your solution is one that exclude options that many may want. Catching the pattern yet?

3.2 - It's true, people's knowledge varies in this. But if you understood what I was referring to, you'd understand the added complexity your proprietary console box just added to a very basic and essential task: accessing your own media.

4.2 - No, you are misrepresenting what I said. What I did say is these console(s) are one of many distribution channels. Consoles act as the middlemen to which developers and producers have to go through to expand access to their game in terms of licensing & exclusivity deals. PC gaming will not be extinct any time soon (did I even say that at all?); People may think this because of developer's imbalanced fear of piracy, when it's just as easy for someone to mod a console. I am not condoning piracy, just saying these fears don't reflect reality. Suggesting that console gamers are any less adept at piracy is looking at the stats wrong, because those who do so already have the means and motive, regardless of the system. So when game developers release only for console for fear of piracy, it's just unfair and quite frankly based on fear, uncertainty, doubt (FUD) mentality. Also, I didn't say or even imply consoles are dying either. I chose not to buy a console because my setup makes buying one redundant. I didn't say "we might as well not create a console". Really, now you're reaching.

6.2 - If you read what I said in its proper context, you'd understand that playing with a laptop is a choice... a choice that didn't work out for YOU, but don't think your test platform is the only way of doing things. I can sure play it on my living room big screen right now, but whatya know the devs did not include split screen for PC :P

I said free market should decide who lives/dies in the context of a business or business model's lifespan. It's figurative, not literally who "lives and dies". Oh gosh, don't make this into semantics.

sam2000_290
03-11-2011, 09:16 PM
1 and 2. I know what you are saying. If you make it an option, how would you go about to execute it.

4.2 I know what you're saying. That's why I said if they make xbox 360 games but destroys the xbox 360, how else would you play? I never said that you said that PC gaming will be extinct. I never said that. I said there are debates on this. With what you said, I am only seeing what you are implying and what are the results of.

6.2 Laptop isn't really a choice as it is not supported and can damage your laptop. It was not really a test to play it on the laptop. I just want to put it on there in case I bring my laptop.

You gotta make it clear, not all of us can understand what you imply.

What I am saying is very simple and clear.

There is no need for split-screen on the PC. PC gaming should have its own merits and whatever it's good about PC. Split-screen gaming should be for the console. Everything should stay as it is without any changes to what it is originally intended. PC is PC gaming, 1 player with many players online. Console is 1-2 players local to many players online.

Keep things as they are, no need to evolve the PC!

bdknson
03-20-2011, 06:26 AM
The execution of split screen would be like a console, optional... Here's a generic home screen menu tree:
* Campaign &gt; Coop or Single &gt; if Coop, Online/Lan (meaning single screen) or Splitscreen
* Versus &gt; Online/Lan (single screen) or Splitscreen (self explanatory)

The controller scheme would also be optional: 360 Controllers take over the moment they are synced via bluetooth dongle. If no controllers present, stay with keyboard and mouse.

I lost your train of thought the moment you said "destroy the xbox 360" because how did that come into the conversation, as no one suggested that, and so your question "how else would you play?" is rather confusing, not to mention leading, as you seem to not grasp the idea of what options are. Refer to my explanation on its execution just a few lines up ^ ^

As you can see, everyone wins with that. Traditionalists get what they want (single screen, mouse + keyboard controls), and so do the split screeners (console style couch coop gameplay).

Laptops are an option, but dude you gotta think for yourself as well in terms of system requirements and other factors like heat. That part is NOT optional, just common sense. However, whether or not you play on laptop IS optional, because you have a choice. If it didn't work for you, don't install it on (your) laptop, done! That doesn't mean you can't play ANY pc games on your laptop, or a desktop now does it? Laptop, desktop, they're all computers. What are you arguing here?

Lastly, I don't know what you think I'm implying, because every post I've made, meticulously explained my gripes about a lack of a split screen (option) and the reason for having it. The only implications are the ones created in your narrow mindset about consoles and pc gaming as an either/or proposition, where split screen "should not" be available on PC. Your "should not" is clearly an opinion based on what YOU THINK how EVERYONE has their computer set up.

My way is an option, which considers multiple ways people have their computers set up. Carefully look at my explanation about execution. Your explanation on necessity is based on opinion, and not demand, and especially disregards variances in system setup. A computer is many things. If it has the ability to do split screen, why the hell not, other than your uber "my way or the high way" mentality.

The "way things are" is an illusion. Honestly the way things are according to your mindset is an artificial separation of console and pc, when they are both types of computers... Only, consoles are set-top boxes branded with a single purpose, and a boat load of ways in which block you from doing what that system is truly capable of. Sure, having splitscreen available for both console and PC may be cannibalistic from a business standpoint to console manufacturers, but I wonder why you care about the survival of the 360 console anyway, hence my reference about free market forces determining the survival of a business model. Do you own shares of microsoft? Besides that, if you look historically, PC games and Consoles coexisted quite peacefully, and not because of your reasons. It's because quite bluntly, not everyone likes to use a computer for gaming. Those people think PC gaming is complicated because you have to think about system requirements and drivers, etc. A console takes that thinking out of gaming.

So, developers, please do add split screen options to your games. I'm no elitist, and I'm not the type that think my way is the only way!

Peace http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

shobhit7777777
03-20-2011, 07:41 AM
I agree with the Original poster. I have both the 360 and the PS3 but right now I'm living in a place which has no TV or monitor (and I really cant afford one ATM) so I miss out on playing coop/multiplayer with my friends. This is especially true with SCC with it's broken Matchmaking system.
I do realise the hardware and technical strain on the PC but I would definitely like splitscreen as a PC option

bdknson
03-20-2011, 08:53 AM
EDIT: not to confuse anybody, but the wireless dongle for 360 controllers is RF, not bluetooth. My bad. Was recently setting up a bluetooth keyboard for a buddy and that was just on my mind at the time.

Anyways, I think I made my points clear enough so that people reading this understands both sides of the debate.

Happy gaming.