PDA

View Full Version : You should be able to remove all armour and weapons.

EXINFiNiTiX
11-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Many people myself included think the astethics of the armor looks bad on the Assassin robes, so you SHOULD be able to remove armor, not just armor everything, right down to just one hidden blade and the assassin robes, the metal cestus should also be able to come off. Also the second hidden blade should be able to come off, please make this in the next patch.

EXINFiNiTiX
11-28-2010, 02:48 PM
Many people myself included think the astethics of the armor looks bad on the Assassin robes, so you SHOULD be able to remove armor, not just armor everything, right down to just one hidden blade and the assassin robes, the metal cestus should also be able to come off. Also the second hidden blade should be able to come off, please make this in the next patch.

notafanboy
11-28-2010, 02:51 PM
i hope so too i hate all the armor very.. very much

realgangsta213
11-28-2010, 02:52 PM
zwoosh has a tutorial on how to remove all of the armour except spaulders on youtube.

EXINFiNiTiX
11-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Yes but, you should have an option on the armour stands in the hideout, OR in the Animus Desktop, not having to resort to cheating...

Haywood92
11-28-2010, 02:56 PM
I agree, there should be a place where you can unequip everything. Or at least an "armourless" outfit for Ezio.

Ariego1990
11-28-2010, 03:19 PM
i dont think it would be a lot of effort to put this in the game, so why not do it ubi? btw the zwoooosh trick doesnt work for me, ezio is still wering the chest armor in my game. Ubi, cant you make a skin like ezio in the e3 trailer? with no armor and matching vambraces?

XJoker3697D
11-28-2010, 03:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haywood92:
I agree, there should be a place where you can unequip everything. Or at least an "armourless" outfit for Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I know right? Make a special room in his Hideouts for this stuff.
Enter the room, change outfit/robes.
Done

AKG32
11-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Maybe they could addit in a future patch, since it's a relatively minor thing.

MT4K
11-28-2010, 03:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by akg32:
Maybe they could addit in a future patch, since it's a relatively minor thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

doubtful, people was asking for a similar thing in ac2 but it never got added

Haywood92
11-28-2010, 08:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MT4K:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by akg32:
Maybe they could addit in a future patch, since it's a relatively minor thing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

doubtful, people was asking for a similar thing in ac2 but it never got added </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I actually found it strange that Ubisoft wouldn't add in this feature for AC Brotherhood, despite the fact that 75% of the AC community complained about not being able to take the armour off.

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 09:05 PM
It's probably a bigger problem to code that it looks on the surface.

Hoping they manage it in a patch, but not expecting it.

More importantly, want this to happen for AC3.

flyingeaglemile
11-28-2010, 09:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

More importantly, want this to happen for AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can`t be that hard, you start off the game without any armor.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ariego1990:
i dont think it would be a lot of effort to put this in the game, so why not do it ubi? btw the zwoooosh trick doesnt work for me, ezio is still wering the chest armor in my game. Ubi, cant you make a skin like ezio in the e3 trailer? with no armor and matching vambraces? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been saying this forever too. I mean it happened to us in AC2 and it's still not fixed. I want my **** E3 cinematic trailer skin! PLease UBI just do it for us this game and CONTINUE it on the next. Don't wait till the next installment.

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 09:37 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:

Can`t be that hard, you start off the game without any armor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And you were involved in programming the game?
No?

Then how can you be so sure that's all there is to it?

Starting with no armour means nothing in response to my comment.

So, repeating myself for you now...

It's likely that even though it seems like it would be simple, actually coding the game to let you remove your armour is probably far more complex than we realise.

This is supported by the fact that many people requested a "remove armour" patch for AC2, and the fact that this feature was being requested for Brotherhood even before the game was released, and still hasn't been implemented, when Ubisoft clearly ARE listening to their fans in relation to other aspects of the game.

BAMB0
11-28-2010, 09:53 PM
I swear the reasoning is because the armor gives you extra health. And since there really is no other way for you to get extra health bars but putting armor on, there almost no reason to unequip armor. Unlike in AC1 where the more missions you did and more you progress the higher your health bar went up because it had to do with your synchronization.

By letting you unequip the armor and giving you extra health in another way it would defeat the purpose of the whole upgrading system with your armor. Which in turn makes the money system useless because buying full armor sets costs the most. Especially since you can loot so many items off dead people and steal weapons off guards.

E-Zekiel
11-28-2010, 09:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by flyingeaglemile:

Can`t be that hard, you start off the game without any armor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And you were involved in programming the game?
No?

Then how can you be so sure that's all there is to it?

Starting with no armour means nothing in response to my comment.

So, repeating myself for you now...

It's likely that even though it seems like it would be simple, actually coding the game to let you remove your armour is probably far more complex than we realise.

This is supported by the fact that many people requested a "remove armour" patch for AC2, and the fact that this feature was being requested for Brotherhood even before the game was released, and still hasn't been implemented, when Ubisoft clearly ARE listening to their fans in relation to other aspects of the game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The solution is not to put in quests that forces us to buy armor. I was hoping on that "go buy some armor" quest, that it would just let me browse without buying and be complete.

But it didn't. That is how it *should* be done, though.

obliviondoll
11-28-2010, 09:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BAMB0:
I swear the reasoning is because the armor gives you extra health. And since there really is no other way for you to get extra health bars but putting armor on, there almost no reason to unequip armor. Unlike in AC1 where the more missions you did and more you progress the higher your health bar went up because it had to do with your synchronization.

By letting you unequip the armor and giving you extra health in another way it would defeat the purpose of the whole upgrading system with your armor. Which in turn makes the money system useless because buying full armor sets costs the most. Especially since you can loot so many items off dead people and steal weapons off guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Good thought, except that most players I know can quite easily slaughter a group of guards without taking damage, or with minimal damage, so the extra health isn't so necessary.

High-level offensive abilities is more important than lots of health. So is a decent understanding of the game mechanics.

kriegerdesgottes
11-28-2010, 09:59 PM
totally agree. It also bothered me in the second game that I had to keep some of it on. I really hope this gets fixed. Also just to add to that I hated the beard too. Some people liked it I thought it looked horrible I was hoping there would be a way you could play without it. I thought ezio looked best when he was younger without the scruffyness. His suit is awesome though in both games.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Yeah I went through the whole game not buying armor till I completed the chest guard quest and it AUTOMATICALLY equipped it on me... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif So then I just bought everything else. At Least I didn't buy the crossbow because I can't take it off. Forget 100% if it requires me to have it! Anyway just give us Skin packs then.

Gyro458
11-28-2010, 11:34 PM
I agree, I really hate the way it forces you to buy the shoulder.

Grandmaster_Z
11-29-2010, 07:03 AM
i don't understand why UBi does not look at these posts, there was like a million of us asking to remove armor, weapons etc. in AC2. I mean they did so many great updates and new gameplay, but still this ability to remove armor is not there..

SirPhist
11-29-2010, 07:09 AM
if i could remove my armor & weapons:

i'd remove the spaulders (i haven't bought/equipped anything else yet), my sword, my dagger, my crossbow, my throwing knives, my second hidden blade, and go out like that. as much looting as i do, i'd just pick up knives and small weapons, swords, & crossbow that way. i don't want to keep them; they can be discarded when i enter the hideout. i'll buy my own gear to keep (i don't want their sh*t; i'll use it tho for sure).

i just wish i could go in my hideout, and for once look at my full collection in their places.

tyrce111
11-29-2010, 07:18 AM
A good way to remove your swords.
Swtch it for a 2hander then throw it away.
Then find a brute and let him disarm you...
It works for any sword, short sword and it might work on other things like crossbow...

Grandmaster_Z
11-29-2010, 07:29 AM
i like just using the short blade, fists, and hidden blade. i will have to try to see if they can knock out the crossbow, i hate looking at it. can you confirm that the brutes can knock it out?

ZCherub
11-29-2010, 07:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Haywood92:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MT4K:

doubtful, people was asking for a similar thing in ac2 but it never got added </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I actually found it strange that Ubisoft wouldn't add in this feature for AC Brotherhood, despite the fact that 75% of the AC community complained about not being able to take the armour off. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

88% of all statistics are made-up on the spot & have no data to back them up. I'm guessing yours is one of them.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Fact of the matter is there was a lot of gripe about it and nothing has been done. I know they read these and listen but all we are asking is not another AC2 episode were it's ignored and put in the next game instead of this one. I for one hate waiting a year for a fix when they had a year to fix it since AC2.

MT4K
11-29-2010, 12:41 PM
as has no doubt been suggested before, they could just give us a armour-less skin, that way people can just equip it over the top of the brutus armour and still have all the health (which solves the health problem thingy and money mechanics and 100% sync stuff)

they could call it "default ezio" or something, and if they really want to be cool they could add the ac2 default robe as a skin too, it's probably a lot easier to add skins than to program an entire un-equip function

ValidatedDavid
11-29-2010, 12:46 PM
This really bugs me too and I highly doubt it has anything to do with any kind of programming difficulty. We're really just talking about 1 piece of armor since the rest can either be not purchased or removed after prurchase via an in game glitch.

You can also play some missions without any armor at all if you haven't unlocked the Brutus armor. You just go to sequence 2 memory 2 or memory 3 before the game forced the spaulders on you. When your replay starts you will have no armor at all, ignore the exclamation point and go to a tunnel and choose your hideout. You are now outside the confines of sequence 2 with no armor at all. I've done some of Leonardo's missions as well as others this way with no armor. You will desynchronize at random places while wandering the map though, but this has nothing to do with the armor since it happens in the Brutus armor too, once you start a mission everything is fine.

I read a post on another board where someone claims to have been in a position to raise the armor issue with 2 of the game's developers. He claims they looked at him like he was crazy when he asked about removing all armor and genuinely seemed to have never heard of this complaint, nor did they seem to even "get" why anyone would want to.

I plan to try to remove it from the game save with a hex editor when I get some time.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-29-2010, 01:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ValidatedDavid:
This really bugs me too and I highly doubt it has anything to do with any kind of programming difficulty. We're really just talking about 1 piece of armor since the rest can either be not purchased or removed after prurchase via an in game glitch.

You can also play some missions without any armor at all if you haven't unlocked the Brutus armor. You just go to sequence 2 memory 2 or memory 3 before the game forced the spaulders on you. When your replay starts you will have no armor at all, ignore the exclamation point and go to a tunnel and choose your hideout. You are now outside the confines of sequence 2 with no armor at all. I've done some of Leonardo's missions as well as others this way with no armor. You will desynchronize at random places while wandering the map though, but this has nothing to do with the armor since it happens in the Brutus armor too, once you start a mission everything is fine.

I read a post on another board where someone claims to have been in a position to raise the armor issue with 2 of the game's developers. He claims they looked at him like he was crazy when he asked about removing all armor and genuinely seemed to have never heard of this complaint, nor did they seem to even "get" why anyone would want to.

I plan to try to remove it from the game save with a hex editor when I get some time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow... this astonishes me... If anything he is right a skin will solve this issue. since an armor patch just seems like it won't be an option this game if they are that clueless. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif I think the game is great I just wish they held like a suggestions box of some sort.

AwesomeSauce9
11-29-2010, 01:05 PM
I must admit, i think the Assassin Robes without armour have a certain thing about them which makes them look cool (As the trailer showed all too well). I think that it would be a cool feature if the armourless suit was like the suits you can get via Uplay like the Florentine Noble suit. They retain the armour bars but give ezio a fresh look. Heck i'd even pay about 99p or whatever to buy the skin.

notafanboy
11-29-2010, 01:11 PM
i want ezio to look like this http://i55.tinypic.com/209frd5.jpg not like a brute ,
last year i wanted ezio to look like he did in the e3 trailer/gameplay but ubi said "nooo lets add a ugly bracer"

BAMB0
11-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Good thought, except that most players I know can quite easily slaughter a group of guards without taking damage, or with minimal damage, so the extra health isn't so necessary.

High-level offensive abilities is more important than lots of health. So is a decent understanding of the game mechanics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Even though a good majority of us here on the forum can claim that we can run the game without taking damage or really even needing all that extra armor, the fact of the matter is they have to be able to sell to casual fans. Casual fans may have more difficulty getting used to the game mechanics and need the extra leeway to survive battles and still feel badass. They lose sales if there is a steep learning curve and you have almost no health because the hardcore fans don't want the bulky look, while the casuals are threatened by not being given a slight cushion. Plus the people that review games that aren't that good at the game or are casual gamers of the series themselves - who a lot of gamers look for advice on getting a game - if they say its easy to take damage and they wished there was more health, it looks bad on Ubi. Even though most people really just need to learn to adapt and play.

And it's not only the combat but the free running itself that they have to watch with the new people getting into the series and casual fans playing. Some people don't understand the running mechanics and may over shoot a roof and drop to the streets and lose health. That coupled with combat may make people stray away from the game. We see a lot of games nowadays really catering to the casual fans - the short attention span button mashers.

I do like the idea of an extra outfit/skin of the Ezio AC:B from the promos with the matching vambracer and shoulder armor. I always loved the looked, it was simple and sleek.

Grandmaster_Z
11-30-2010, 11:04 AM
wnot be able to dye with a skin.

Lonnie_Jackson
11-30-2010, 03:55 PM
True but if they are not going to switch the way we deal with armor then give us the white and black versions of the skins. At least!

Grandmaster_Z
12-01-2010, 08:06 AM
bump

Sturnz0r
12-01-2010, 08:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BAMB0:

By letting you unequip the armor and giving you extra health in another way it would defeat the purpose of the whole upgrading system with your armor. Which in turn makes the money system useless because buying full armor sets costs the most. Especially since you can loot so many items off dead people and steal weapons off guards. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

High-level offensive abilities is more important than lots of health. So is a decent understanding of the game mechanics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right on, if you are on top of your game, you shouldn't be touched in this game, dodge-counter-kick, smoke.

isn't altair's plain assassin's white cloak an unlockable with uplay? i don't have live, so i cannot access..

Grandmaster_Z
12-01-2010, 08:28 AM
^its just a skin, complete with the missing left ring finger. would be nice if it was an actual real model of the robes on top of ezios body.

bushinosaya
12-01-2010, 08:28 AM

LOL ! Really?!

It only took them three games to allow you to reply missions, and maybe in AC4 ( low expectations here ) four games to allow you to skip cutscenes...

They said their engine didn't allow it. It's not like their engine is something set in stone. One would think they would have updated it. Looks like offering basic gaming standards is not a priority...

So don't expect anything. Ubisoft hardly correct bugs so they sure won't invest money to offer something new.

Great games ( usually ) but very poor support.

xTheCombinex
12-01-2010, 08:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bushinosaya:
[...]to allow you to skip cutscenes[...] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can skip cutscenes in AC:B by pressing start and choosing the skip-cutscene-option.

assassinato_862
12-01-2010, 11:47 AM
I personally liked the armor, just thought it was a little unrealistic becasue armor should slow you down...but I don't care, I don't want to be slow. If there was the skin for the E3 clothes than I would get it, DEFINATELY. In fact I won't even buy armor cuz this one pwns.

Lonnie_Jackson
12-01-2010, 11:57 AM
I think the people have spoken Ubisoft. We want our skin if not a patch. Give us that much. Or wait a better idea for your future games; "leave the dang concept outfit alone!"

Grandmaster_Z
12-02-2010, 07:40 AM
yea

Ariego1990
12-05-2010, 03:52 AM
Ubi, we want a skin like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1v8BipjBUg

Can someone from ubi please tell us why you cant remove armor?? it's kinda dumb and we've been wanting this since AC2

EXINFiNiTiX
12-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Thank you all for your suggestions and opinions, I have Tweeted this thread to UbiGabe, as well as E-mailed Ubisoft with suggestions and sent a link to this thread, no guarantees anything will happen yet, I'll keep you guys posted.
&lt;3

Hashshashin_89
12-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I hate not being able to unequip armor. I can deal w/o the extra health. I just want the assassin robes. No armor. Just Luke the robes in the E3 trailer. I hopes patch comes soon. And fixing the Brutus armor so Tht when I replay a memory the Brutus armor doesn't automatically equip. I have to go through a process to unequip it.

Grandmaster_Z
12-07-2010, 01:09 PM
lets see if we can get 1000 signatures in this thread!!!

KniloX
12-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Im in... but i just use the drachen armor http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

SolidSnakeMat
12-07-2010, 02:15 PM
I support the Skin idea. That would be friggen sweet. That would even get rid of the stupid thing with the Armor of Brutus being equipped when you replay missions. Since the mission replays always replays the skin you chose like the Armor of Altair or Desmond skin.

deutscherju2009
12-07-2010, 02:34 PM
I agree. It also makes it more challenging when you have no armor cuz frankly, the AC series is very easy. Especially with all that health. I think we should be able to take it off in order to provide more of a challenge.

Grandmaster_Z
12-10-2010, 07:23 AM
yea instead of having a "hardcore" mode which people have requested, just allow to take off armor/weapons

assassin087
12-10-2010, 04:28 PM
I also think it would be cool if wearing armour affected notoriety. Think about it. If we chose to bring a sword make the guards mare suspicous of us. I mean seriously. I would never trust a guy with a bunch of weopons and armour on.

devildog789
12-10-2010, 08:19 PM
Yeah, same. I personally think it takes away from what the assassins really wanted. In AC no assassin wore armor, and they blended. In ACII and ACB, Ezio might as well be wearing a bright orange jumpsuit.

Side note: I think you should be able to remove the cape. It just looks bad in this game.

Lonnie_Jackson
12-11-2010, 03:43 AM
lets keep this thread going people! Cause if we just give up we are going to have another AC2 incident on our hands! I swear there better be at least a skin of white/black version on the E3 cinematic trailer if we don't get this patch. Either way keep this up so it doesn't happen again.

TheSpectator
12-11-2010, 03:57 AM
Instead of getting 1000 signatures lets just rock up to ubisoft montreal with pitchforks and torches and MAKE them patch this up.
Also while were there we should probably get them to solve all the cliffhangers they've given us for good measure. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

tyrce111
12-11-2010, 08:48 AM
I have sort of aconplished this by equiping Ezio's noble store and throwing my main weapon away...now it looks like I only have the dagger of Brutus and the crossbow on...

SolidSnakeMat
12-11-2010, 02:56 PM
I really hope they do patch it. I really wish they would stop making the assassins different from the original looks they had planned.