PDA

View Full Version : Now or in November

lukenaskywiper
05-19-2006, 07:41 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif I need your valuable help!

Shall I buy this computer now??

Pentium dual core 1,83Ghz
1024 DRRII RAM
100GB
256Mb Go 7800 GS DRR III
Bluetooth
Two speakers free
17" WXGA

1200,59"

Shall I buy this comp now or in november??? The price is too wonderful, and on november I dont thing ill get this wonderful offert. This laptop is going to stop being sold from Dell Spain the 23rd!!

Video card is too good!!

lukenaskywiper
05-19-2006, 07:41 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif I need your valuable help!

Shall I buy this computer now??

Pentium dual core 1,83Ghz
1024 DRRII RAM
100GB
256Mb Go 7800 GS DRR III
Bluetooth
Two speakers free
17" WXGA

1200,59"

Shall I buy this comp now or in november??? The price is too wonderful, and on november I dont thing ill get this wonderful offert. This laptop is going to stop being sold from Dell Spain the 23rd!!

Video card is too good!!

triad773
05-19-2006, 07:52 AM
Ummmm my guess is that you might want to follow Oleg's advice and wait until its out, since it sounds like THEY don't even know for sure where the top-end system will run BoB; at least maybe a 64 bit dual core Athlon running fast as heck.

Just my two cents. Just upgraded to something like that myself, but expect I will have to upgrade again next year if I want to run it right.

Cheers

Troll2k
05-19-2006, 08:26 AM
I would wait.1.8 gigahertz with a top of the line agp card will be slow for FB.

Oleg has said that the top of the line FB machine will play Bob but at reduced settings.

Although BoB has been announced for Nov.I believe that you will not see it until after the new year.

There is no telling what hardware will actually be on the store shelves by then.If it is released in the new year that is at least 8 months away.A lot of hardware can come down the pipeline in that time.Even if it does come in Nov.that is 6 months away.It would be better to listen to those running it and decided what you need to get within your budget.

jolulure
05-19-2006, 08:52 AM
its a PCIE card http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Dual core 1,8 will be like centrino 2,3.

and forgot to say... its a LAPTOP

lbhskier37
05-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Unless you absolutly NEED a computer now, wait until at least November! When I say need, I mean your current computer started on fire! That laptop will maybe be enough to play BoB at low settings. Remember when IL2 originally came out? Top end computers at that time couldn't play it with all the goodies on, so if you think a laptop that is about equivalent to a midrange PC today will play BoB descently you will be in for a big surprise.

I will break it down, for a laptop its pretty good, but compared to a gaming desktop it is very average. I would guess 2GB of ram will be needed for descent gameplay, Core Duo is a nice chip, but its not 64bit, and by November Conroe will be out (much upgraded 64bit dual core chip) Bluetooth has nothing to do with gaming. 17" screen is ok, but not very big for gaming, and makes the laptop to big to really be portable negating the only advantage laptops have. 7800GS is definitly not a high end card. The GS is about as fast as a 6800GT, which was pretty high end 2 years ago when it came out.

Everyone out there should actually hold out and not buy anything, what Intel has out right now is **** compared to what they will have out in fall. There is no reason to buy any Intel computer right now with Conroe coming.

jolulure
05-19-2006, 09:56 AM
no words. Convinced me. However, the offer is too good to be true, dont you think so??? Im not going to play more than 40 planes at the same time, 1024x768, high quality no AA no AF (in BoB). I expect 40 to 50 fps. Would this system garantee me this???

lbhskier37
05-19-2006, 12:24 PM
No one would know enough info to garuntee this, but I am pretty confident you won't be able to do that in BoB. If IL2 and FB at release are to be used as an example you would probably be only able to run with descent frames if you have low-mid detail level. Also remember when FB and PF came out they had detail levels that even the most high end hardware available at the time couldn't play.

jolulure
05-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Why in the hell didnt you appear before!! thanks for your help and everybodys. Nicest people ever met!! If you happen to have some assurance problems, get around and Ill try helping http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

see ya in combat... ILL WAIT TILL NOVEMBER FOR LAPTOP!!!!!

knightflyte
05-19-2006, 02:24 PM
How many times have you read on a game box the minimum and reccommended specs? How many times have you had the reccommended specs and STILL not been satisfied with the looks of the game?

I think it's great we're being ushered into waiting to upgrade. I know we're all excited for BoB and are chomping at the bit to have what we imagine will run BoB well, but wait. You'll be all the happier for doing so.

I bought my first comp in 2002.... a P IV 2.4Ghz with a ti 4600 graphics card, and 512 memory that I upgraded to 1 Gig. (This was a top of the line no expences spared Alienware comp)

5 months later CFS was released and my computer was STILL above the recommended PC requirements. It still ran CFSIII badly.....or more accurately with reduced settings that were lower than what I thought my comp should run CFSIII. After all I was above the recommended system specs.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wait. Take Oleg at his word and wait. You'll have more options with the next gen of cards/ cpus....or buy some really neat 'older' stuff at a great price.

Troll2k
05-19-2006, 02:39 PM
I thought the 7800gs was agp.

http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/02/02/nvidia_7800gs_co...s_agp_aint_dead_yet/ (http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/02/02/nvidia_7800gs_confirms_agp_aint_dead_yet/)

A dual core gains you nothing for FB and Oleg has stated he is not sure if SOW will support dual core.

And even if it does then a centrino 2.3 is still entry level.