PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I arial kill a stunned target?

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 01:14 PM
WHY? It just seems the developers overlooked it and didn't add an animation or code for that.

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 01:14 PM
WHY? It just seems the developers overlooked it and didn't add an animation or code for that.

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 01:30 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaz_Lezar:
Ive had people on my friends list say the same thing you have, heres what I tell them.

Think about it in real world terms.
An aerial kill you are using that persons body to break your fall, so you yourself dont get injured. If a target is laying on the ground and you try to jump off a 2-3 story building onto them you would break a leg for sure.

This point is nullified by the whole "You can jump off a building onto the ground in game and not get hurt" idea but hey, work with me here.

If anything they should have some sort of stun or cripple effect if you DO jump off a building that's to high onto the ground. This would make a lot more sense to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You just contradicted yourself so your point doesn't work. Like you said I can jump off the highest building(in venice) and nothing can happen.

Still I want to know why can't I? Balance issues? I don't see how it's unbalanced. If he was stunned he should be punished for being obvious and being stunned not the pursuer being punished because his target was stupid enough to be stunned.

Keksus
11-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Because it would benefit the people who are running around on rooftops even more?

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 03:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Keksus:
Because it would benefit the people who are running around on rooftops even more? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's not an advantage. It's just like killing anyone who is moving, but they are stunned.

I'm serious I'm sure the developers didn't even think about this.

MuddledMuppet2
11-24-2010, 03:17 PM
Can't you just wait a few seconds for them to get up from being stunned?

MuddledMuppet2
11-24-2010, 04:16 PM
i have to say i'd probably wait anywa, let them get up and think they're gonna get back into the game, and strike just when they getting their wits back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Cruelty is so much more fun than brutality

DeafAtheist
11-24-2010, 04:20 PM
Because the purpose of a stun is to get away from a pursuer. The stunned player is humiliated by being on the ground unable to move and his only hope is that his own pursuers are far enough away that the effect of the stun will wear off and he can move on before s/he is kicked while down for that extra humiliation.

An aerial assassination on a stunned target is just an unfair advantage. Aerial attacks can be done from a greater distance than a ground attack which renders smoke bombs and other defensive abilities useless. So the added ability to perform an aerial kill on a stunned target would be unfair.

You can just drop down onto them and perform the assassination from the ground. It would only take an extra second or 2 to do that.

I doubt the devs didn't think about it. The multiplayer was very well designed and balanced. It's probably the most fairly balanced multiplayer game I've ever played. Anything that we've encountered in a week (longer for those who played in the beta) they've had MONTHS of testing to hone it to the way they wanted it to be. So they likely had a good reason for doing it that way regardless of how players might feel about it.

MuddledMuppet2
11-24-2010, 04:33 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:
Because the purpose of a stun is to get away from a pursuer. The stunned player is humiliated by being on the ground unable to move and his only hope is that his own pursuers are far enough away that the effect of the stun will wear off and he can move on before s/he is kicked while down for that extra humiliation.

An aerial assassination on a stunned target is just an unfair advantage. Aerial attacks can be done from a greater distance than a ground attack which renders smoke bombs and other defensive abilities useless. So the added ability to perform an aerial kill on a stunned target would be unfair.

You can just drop down onto them and perform the assassination from the ground. It would only take an extra second or 2 to do that.

I doubt the devs didn't think about it. The multiplayer was very well designed and balanced. It's probably the most fairly balanced multiplayer game I've ever played. Anything that we've encountered in a week (longer for those who played in the beta) they've had MONTHS of testing to hone it to the way they wanted it to be. So they likely had a good reason for doing it that way regardless of how players might feel about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Faultless reasoning and argument there chap.

I still think my 'cruelty &gt; Brutatlity' reasoning works best for me tho http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 01:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kaz_Lezar:
Yes Muppet you can but some people dont have that kind of patience.

(Those are all the people who score 1-2 thousand points a game) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, I had a pursuer on my back and didn't have the time to wait. I later got killed and missed my kill.

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 01:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeafAtheist:

I doubt the devs didn't think about it. The multiplayer was very well designed and balanced. It's probably the most fairly balanced multiplayer game I've ever played. Anything that we've encountered in a week (longer for those who played in the beta) they've had MONTHS of testing to hone it to the way they wanted it to be. So they likely had a good reason for doing it that way regardless of how players might feel about it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes sense. But it punishes the pursuer because the target was stupid enough to get stunned. And yes I could easily just jump down and kill him, but the jumps are kind of bad. It's either to far ahead or behind.

And I don't see how it would be break the balance. It would just take away a nuisance and make it simpler.

And just because an aerial kill can dodge smoke bombs doesn't mean it would make it more of a disadvantage for stunned targets.