PDA

View Full Version : Story part 1 and 2

humjog
08-20-2006, 12:22 PM
To the wish of popular demand, that is, to all voices that have made themselves heard, more precisely where2wolf, I continue my untitled story.

PART 1

As I look through my periscope at bearing 347 and see a fishing boat peacefully going its way I cannot help but think how ironic the situation is. Fate, which is currently running underwater at 40 knots with enough explosives to... save a few fish, can be quite cruel and is always unheeding of us humans.

Everything started in 1940. The events unraveled themselves which such rapidity and confusion that only to speak of them leaves me puzzled as to how I , Herman Rustburg, could have been caught up in them. Perhaps the madness of my nation was contagious; I never thought I would one day be part of such a terrible crusade. As the supreme race, we should father and guide the unfortunates, not destroy them.

Yet, truth be told, I did join this terrible crusade. In an act of complete unselfishness and altruism I joined the war in the hope of saving a few of my countrymen. One might say I was drafted yet that is quite inaccurate. I wisely evaded the call-up by hiding in a cottage I had by the side of the sea. As I had planned, two SS officers came storming in my hut 2 days after the conscription. You see, this ruse put me in a position of power and importance. How could they deny the fact that I was of vital importance to them if they took the time to personally come and fetch me at my vacation house?

Turns out a gross error was made. When they read that I fished out fifty thousand tons of fish out of the ocean every year, they didn€t doubt for a second that my fishing company Albatross could have anything to do with it. I was immediately promoted to captain and assigned a u-boat. I knew very little of the functioning of the U-boat, yet as a fervent defender of truth, I knew that revealing this one to the officers would mean that my dead body could never again guard it€s sacredness. Acting the part that was expected of me, I silently accepted the honors.

PART 2

Assigned to the 2nd flotilla, I met my assistant in Wilhelmshaven. Crew shortage, which I secretly think was partly responsible for my presence, signified that I would only have 1 sub-officer to assist me. His name: Gutenjeun Klagskig. His 6 feet 5 inches and deep blue eyes contributed to his mysterious character. Yet as very few people who look mysterious he had the characteristic of also looking very dumb. A large lump on his forehead, undoubtedly acquired by bumping his head roaming through the submarine, certainly did not help his case. I did not know whether to take this news as good or bad. On one hand, my incompetency would surely go unnoticed by such a man, on the other how the hell were we going to maneuver our boat. I knew that our mission would involve us leaving port and I was very uncertain if such an accomplishment was within reach.

Nothing much can be said about the leaving party. My memory was drowned by alcohol and only a few shreds of it survived. There I met the 5 petty officers and 4 sailors that would obey me and Gutenjeun.. We left the next day with 1 petty officer short. My men told me he had been called back to his former function, fisherman. The nation needed food and all fisherman, farmer, growers and cultivators were called back home to feed the nation. Coincidence has it that he is one of my employees. He works for Albatross. Let us call the act of facing danger without seeing it bravery for as I now recall; no fear entered my thought at the moment of our departure. Unfortunately, I was not the only brave man onboard

Very few know the details of the life of a U-boat commander. Seeing I do not fit in this category, let me tell you the details of the life of a fisherman trying his best to command 9 brave men in a type VIIC submarine. Only the guidance of our audacious Fuhrur could lead such an enterprise to a good end.

humjog
08-20-2006, 12:22 PM
To the wish of popular demand, that is, to all voices that have made themselves heard, more precisely where2wolf, I continue my untitled story.

PART 1

As I look through my periscope at bearing 347 and see a fishing boat peacefully going its way I cannot help but think how ironic the situation is. Fate, which is currently running underwater at 40 knots with enough explosives to... save a few fish, can be quite cruel and is always unheeding of us humans.

Everything started in 1940. The events unraveled themselves which such rapidity and confusion that only to speak of them leaves me puzzled as to how I , Herman Rustburg, could have been caught up in them. Perhaps the madness of my nation was contagious; I never thought I would one day be part of such a terrible crusade. As the supreme race, we should father and guide the unfortunates, not destroy them.

Yet, truth be told, I did join this terrible crusade. In an act of complete unselfishness and altruism I joined the war in the hope of saving a few of my countrymen. One might say I was drafted yet that is quite inaccurate. I wisely evaded the call-up by hiding in a cottage I had by the side of the sea. As I had planned, two SS officers came storming in my hut 2 days after the conscription. You see, this ruse put me in a position of power and importance. How could they deny the fact that I was of vital importance to them if they took the time to personally come and fetch me at my vacation house?

Turns out a gross error was made. When they read that I fished out fifty thousand tons of fish out of the ocean every year, they didn€t doubt for a second that my fishing company Albatross could have anything to do with it. I was immediately promoted to captain and assigned a u-boat. I knew very little of the functioning of the U-boat, yet as a fervent defender of truth, I knew that revealing this one to the officers would mean that my dead body could never again guard it€s sacredness. Acting the part that was expected of me, I silently accepted the honors.

PART 2

Assigned to the 2nd flotilla, I met my assistant in Wilhelmshaven. Crew shortage, which I secretly think was partly responsible for my presence, signified that I would only have 1 sub-officer to assist me. His name: Gutenjeun Klagskig. His 6 feet 5 inches and deep blue eyes contributed to his mysterious character. Yet as very few people who look mysterious he had the characteristic of also looking very dumb. A large lump on his forehead, undoubtedly acquired by bumping his head roaming through the submarine, certainly did not help his case. I did not know whether to take this news as good or bad. On one hand, my incompetency would surely go unnoticed by such a man, on the other how the hell were we going to maneuver our boat. I knew that our mission would involve us leaving port and I was very uncertain if such an accomplishment was within reach.

Nothing much can be said about the leaving party. My memory was drowned by alcohol and only a few shreds of it survived. There I met the 5 petty officers and 4 sailors that would obey me and Gutenjeun.. We left the next day with 1 petty officer short. My men told me he had been called back to his former function, fisherman. The nation needed food and all fisherman, farmer, growers and cultivators were called back home to feed the nation. Coincidence has it that he is one of my employees. He works for Albatross. Let us call the act of facing danger without seeing it bravery for as I now recall; no fear entered my thought at the moment of our departure. Unfortunately, I was not the only brave man onboard

Very few know the details of the life of a U-boat commander. Seeing I do not fit in this category, let me tell you the details of the life of a fisherman trying his best to command 9 brave men in a type VIIC submarine. Only the guidance of our audacious Fuhrur could lead such an enterprise to a good end.

tuddley3
08-20-2006, 01:24 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/clap.gif I see we might be in for a long drawn out story, this is like a TV sitcom, gets you going until you want more.

You should add some screenies once the story unfolds at sea. If you and Foehammer could get together, you guys could make one hell of a book. Or maybe you'll just give him some good competition.

Keep it up. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

jlpilkey
08-20-2006, 07:46 PM
yes very good story just as tuddley said very good and it keeps you interested. good writer i find you can tell if a book is good just by reading the first few pages and this is good keep on going

Where2Wolf
08-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Kaleun Wolf loves to read a novel by the author Humjog during his many and lengthly patrols.

Nothing better than reading, after the sinking of a Pyro Ammo Freighter and gunning down a small merchant with the 88, in my bunk.

Realjambo
08-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Humjog, that's a good read. May I ask how old you are? I'm just intrigued.

humjog
08-21-2006, 12:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Realjambo:
Humjog, that's a good read. May I ask how old you are? I'm just intrigued. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm quite sure you will be surprised to learn I am 17 years old.