PDA

View Full Version : Application error

pigdrvr
01-28-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm new to the forums, but not to IL2. I installed '46 about three weeks ago and have started to get an application error that says "memory could not be read." This is a new occurrence as IL2 has been incredibly stable prior to this error message (I can't remember a crash in 3 years). So far it's been happening only in campaign play while flying the Arado and the Me 262. Crashes the sim back to desk top. Has any one else had this problem and/or does anyone happen to know a fix. By the way, I recently upgraded my RAM to 3 gigs. Could this be related to that upgrade or virtual memory? Obviously, I'm no computer expert....any comments, questions, or criticisms much appreciated.

I come to the forum often and it has been an extremely valuable resource.

pigdrvr
01-28-2007, 08:38 AM
I'm new to the forums, but not to IL2. I installed '46 about three weeks ago and have started to get an application error that says "memory could not be read." This is a new occurrence as IL2 has been incredibly stable prior to this error message (I can't remember a crash in 3 years). So far it's been happening only in campaign play while flying the Arado and the Me 262. Crashes the sim back to desk top. Has any one else had this problem and/or does anyone happen to know a fix. By the way, I recently upgraded my RAM to 3 gigs. Could this be related to that upgrade or virtual memory? Obviously, I'm no computer expert....any comments, questions, or criticisms much appreciated.

I come to the forum often and it has been an extremely valuable resource.

pigdrvr
01-28-2007, 09:14 AM
For more clarification, the error message is as follows:

The instruction at "0x5ed0530e" referenced memory at 0x0000051c". The memory could not be "read".

pigdrvr
01-28-2007, 03:51 PM
I guess no ne had any suggestions....

Ken_Det
01-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I know a few weeks ago I had a Problem with an error.
Dont know if it could be the same as your problem but it was (stop:0x000000EA)
IT was caused by my video drivers so I updated them along with my bios.
No prob know.
Is there a way that you can check this like you memory via a on board utilaty.
If so try that, could have bad memory stick.

badaboom.1
01-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I had a similar error message when I downloaded the 405 Pe-2 addon,It only happened in the campaign of the Pe-2,it would also CTD, QMB and FMB worked fine although I did get horrendous stutters and micropauses.
This issue was well known for 405 after awhile,the fix was to swap out 2 Il2exe files with the 404 version.You might whant to try the tech.support forum here at top of page.
good luck to you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif