PDA

View Full Version : Embers should have Ended with "Ezio's Family"

ACSineQuaNon
12-09-2011, 08:46 PM
Who agrees?

NewBlade200
12-09-2011, 08:53 PM
Embers was not done as well as it could have been. Ezio's death wasn't done as it could have been, the only things that were done well was some of the dialogue. Having Ezio's Family would have actually been a good idea. Perhaps it could have brought us back and made us feel for him a bit more.

roostersrule2
12-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Agreed I went on YouTube watched the end of embers and then started playing Ezio's Family quietly it was so emotional.

ACSineQuaNon
12-09-2011, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Embers was not done as well as it could have been. Ezio's death wasn't done as it could have been, the only things that were done well was some of the dialogue. Having Ezio's Family would have actually been a good idea. Perhaps it could have brought us back and made us feel for him a bit more.

As with Revelations, Embers did seem rushed. The dialogue did have some nice moments, but it came off as desperately trying to be deep, something which, for the most part, it failed at. Some lines were nice, though. Embers' story should have been included as a playable sequence, like an epilogue, at the end of ACR. That would have been awesome. But Ezio's death needed to be more meaningful. Again, it felt like the writers were trying to avoid a cliche by giving him a peaceful death, but I'm guessing they weren't given enough time to actually figure out a more meaningful death. Too bad about the wasted potential.

rileypoole1234
12-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

As with Revelations, Embers did seem rushed. The dialogue did have some nice moments, but it came off as desperately trying to be deep, something which, for the most part, it failed at. Some lines were nice, though. Embers' story should have been included as a playable sequence, like an epilogue, at the end of ACR. That would have been awesome. But Ezio's death needed to be more meaningful. Again, it felt like the writers were trying to avoid a cliche by giving him a peaceful death, but I'm guessing they weren't given enough time to actually figure out a more meaningful death. Too bad about the wasted potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the bloody hell do people keep complaining? I thought ACR and Embers was brilliant. If you expect it to be the greatest game of all time, you've set your expectations too high.

ACSineQuaNon
12-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NewBlade200:

As with Revelations, Embers did seem rushed. The dialogue did have some nice moments, but it came off as desperately trying to be deep, something which, for the most part, it failed at. Some lines were nice, though. Embers' story should have been included as a playable sequence, like an epilogue, at the end of ACR. That would have been awesome. But Ezio's death needed to be more meaningful. Again, it felt like the writers were trying to avoid a cliche by giving him a peaceful death, but I'm guessing they weren't given enough time to actually figure out a more meaningful death. Too bad about the wasted potential. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why the bloody hell do people keep complaining? I thought ACR and Embers was brilliant. If you expect it to be the greatest game of all time, you've set your expectations too high. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ughhhh, no one expected ACR to be the best game of all time, let alone better than AC2. This thread's about Embers anyway.

LightRey
12-10-2011, 04:18 AM
Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:
Ughhhh, no one expected ACR to be the best game of all time, let alone better than AC2. This thread's about Embers anyway.

Why the bloody hell do people keep complaining? I thought ACR and Embers was brilliant. If you expect it to be the greatest game of all time, you've set your expectations too high.

ProdiGurl
12-10-2011, 04:29 AM
I can't bring myself to watch it still.

As curious as I am, I can't stand to watch him get decrepit & die off.
For now, I want to remember him the way he is in my games.

I'll watch it at some point and by the way, when I did try to find the whole thing, I couldn't find it anywhere.

I know, I don't get it either. Sure this isn't perfection - and it's the end of a Trilogy, but in my honest opinion ACR is far better than what's being thrown around. I can't speak for Embers - have only seen some bits & pieces on Ytube that made me sad.

Bipolar Matt
12-10-2011, 08:01 AM
I enjoyed Embers and the fact that he had a well-deserved peaceful death. I wouldn't have had that any other way.

Why the need to make his death so "meaningful?" Does he have to accomplish something in absolutely everything he does, even if it kills him?

I do wish they had played Ezio's Family, however. It would have been fitting, especially since his story ended in pretty much exactly the same spot where it began 50 years before. The "full circle" thing would have been cool.

Sarari
12-10-2011, 08:12 AM
I think it ended perfectly.

Serrachio
12-10-2011, 08:20 AM
I had the feeling that Ezio was too overly harsh on Shao Jun at the beginning.

And to mention he had a son and a daughter, you never even saw a clear picture of Marcello.

I just had the feeling that Ember's CGI should have been done a little closer to a realistic image, instead of how cartoony it felt, and that transitions should have had more effort added.

kudos17
12-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Gonna have to disagree on that...

Ezio's Family, to me, is too... strong. It's powerful, it's fast, it has a sort of "Okay, here we go..." vibe to it. Sure, they could've slowed it down a bit and changed it in a way so it fit better, but I dunno. I though the song that played at the end of Embers was beautiful. Simple and very melancholy.

Animuses
12-10-2011, 08:31 AM
Embers was great, and Ezio's family wouldn't even fit into the ending well.

ztransporter
12-16-2011, 09:28 AM
Ubisoft made the E3 Trailer for revelations an epic- Yet failed to produce Embers to us "The people that lived the game since 2007" in the same manner.

Altair's ending had more thought than embers.

I didnt appreciate that "Ezio Auditore" would just die off on a bench!! and being so weak and ill.. Altair didn't show signs of sicknes yet he was supposed to be way older than Ezio.

Ubisoft you should have given Ezio's Ending more thought and effor to satisfy hardcore fans like myself.

Either way Assassin's creed series is one of the most touching games and stories of all time.

SleezeRocker
12-16-2011, 10:02 AM
I think he died with honor. Hell his death is beter than at the hands of an enemy so that's totally cool.

But yeah if bothers you, just watch ending of embers and play Ezio's family through your computer or something http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Millhouse3rd
12-16-2011, 10:32 AM
Ezzio's death was fracking sad man. Even sadder that Altair's. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Seriously, I had to fight back tears to see him die like that. He should have gone out in his sleep. At least, he was happy in his final days.

Requiescate in pace, brother.

Altair didn't show signs of sicknes yet he was supposed to be way older than Ezio.

Yes he did, man. Yes he did. By the time Altair returned to Masyaf to take back the Assassin Order from the corrupt hands of Abbas, he was too old and week, he couldn't run anymore or jump like a hyperactive circus acrobat, he could only walk fast, but even so, only for a few meters before his weakness got a hold of him. He also was getting senile, there's a hint at that during his last memory, when he's inside his library, reminiscing about his life, and about to place the apple in the vault.

E-Zekiel
12-16-2011, 12:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ACSineQuaNon:

Why the bloody hell do people keep complaining? I thought ACR and Embers was brilliant. If you expect it to be the greatest game of all time, you've set your expectations too high. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you visit the multiplayer forums much? I swear I just want to punch people in the face for being indignant, entitled, ungrateful, self-righteous, demanding, narcissistic little ****s.

I liked Embers a lot. I wish it was longer, but they do call it "short film" for a reason. Granted, it was not as long as Lineage, but it's easier to make a longer live-action movie than it is to make a non live-action movie.

Assassin_M
12-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rileypoole1234:

Do you visit the multiplayer forums much? I swear I just want to punch people in the face for being indignant, entitled, ungrateful, self-righteous, demanding, narcissistic little ****s. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Everyone complains because complaining is EASY..

Sarari
12-16-2011, 05:55 PM
I think Ezio's death really affected me more than Altair's death. I mean, he was back in his birth city, looked at his wife and kid for the last time in slow mo, and 'Salvation of Forli' played. I think it was to damn touching. I thought about it for 2 days straight haha.

Altair's death had more of an honorable feeling. It wasn't as touching as Ezio's though, in some ways.

SolidSage
12-16-2011, 06:26 PM
Not me. Embers was very well done. A fine end, undefeated.

Everyone acting like a highly qualified story writer and movie/game maker in their critiquing is effing inane.

"It is easier to to destroy than to create"
El Mariachi-Desperado

"We worked for one year to build this, with a lot of love, and you wanna tear our walls down and destroy...well you can go to h**l"
Oasis-Fu'ing in the bushes/Snatch

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by Sarari:
I think Ezio's death really affected me more than Altair's death. I mean, he was back in his birth city, looked at his wife and kid for the last time in slow mo, and 'Salvation of Forli' played. I think it was to damn touching. I thought about it for 2 days straight haha.

Altair's death had more of an honorable feeling. It wasn't as touching as Ezio's though, in some ways.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

raging8762
12-17-2011, 03:03 AM
It ended perfectly fine. Ezio's Family is good and all, but it is highly overrated.

dxsxhxcx
12-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Embers was fine the way it is, yes, things might have happened too fast, but IMO it served its purpose, I hope if Ubisoft decides to keep doing this movies they make then longer (1 hour, 1hour!! xD), they're pretty cool, and I love to see other assassins from other regions interacting with the main character and showing how their Orders are, this makes the AC universe bigger, richer and much more interesting, I like to think that there's assassins out there who were able to achieve even more than Ezio and even Altair...

playassassins1
12-17-2011, 04:32 AM
Now that i think about it..... Ezio's Family would have been a nice ending. But the Piano at the end of Embers was also good, and it fits very good with Ezio reading that letter out loud.

R.I.P Ezio http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Michelasso
12-17-2011, 05:20 AM

If many people complain usually it is because something is wrong. The same happened with FF XIII. Which personally I've found to be a great game (even if not excellent) but I couldn't deny the criticism (actually even Square Enix took them in consideration developing FF XIII-2).

So the answer is easy: AC Revelations and Embers, actually the whole Ezio's epilogue did not please many fans. But don't worry. Knowing Ubisoft there will probably be other clues in the next AC (and the next one, and next one again..). After all we have just got to know the whole Altair's ending, not Ezio's one. His sons/daughters (how many? I am not sure) are still unknown.

Anyway, the whole pointy is that many people got attached to Ezio Auditore da Firenze and after fighting with him, AS him for 3 games it would have been nice to be part of his nicest moments. Even a warrior has the right to relax after the battle.

ProdiGurl
12-17-2011, 05:36 AM
If many people complain usually it is because something is wrong.

The premise of that is probably true, but I find it not so w/ some aspects of this game being complained about on this forum.

Also, on my Facebook groups & others who aren't on this forum, they aren't complaining about this stuff, they http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif the game.

None of them are perfect or ever will be but I don't think it's warranted some of what I consider to be over-criticism.

LightRey
12-17-2011, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If many people complain usually it is because something is wrong.

The premise of that is probably true, but I find it not so w/ some aspects of this game being complained about on this forum.

Also, on my Facebook groups & others who aren't on this forum, they aren't complaining about this stuff, they http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif the game.

None of them are perfect or ever will be but I don't think it's warranted some of what I consider to be over-criticism. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It has to be a significant percentage that complains. If there's 100000 people that don't like something, but they're part of a group of 10 million, then only 1% actually dislikes it. The sad thing is that people sooner go out of their way to complain than to compliment, especially on forums.