PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in 'future' bit

Ardiem
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Great game, it has to be said - if only I had a clue what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

Being hard of hearing and as the game has no subtitles (unusual nowadays) I've been scraping by with the pointers in the game menu. However, I'm back in the future lab thing and wandering about and there are no pointers about what I'm supposed to do. All I've done so far is watch endless cut scenes that I can't hear (so I watch the TV until they're finished). Figure I'll take this game back and ask for something else as it is unsuitable for deaf people - there should be a notice on the back highlighting this.

Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get download the dialogue so I can at least read up separately?

Shame on Ubisoft for omitting subtitles on a dialogue heavy game. Least they can do is make the dialogue available as a download from their official site.

Ardiem
01-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Great game, it has to be said - if only I had a clue what the hell I'm supposed to be doing.

Being hard of hearing and as the game has no subtitles (unusual nowadays) I've been scraping by with the pointers in the game menu. However, I'm back in the future lab thing and wandering about and there are no pointers about what I'm supposed to do. All I've done so far is watch endless cut scenes that I can't hear (so I watch the TV until they're finished). Figure I'll take this game back and ask for something else as it is unsuitable for deaf people - there should be a notice on the back highlighting this.

Alternatively, does anyone know where I can get download the dialogue so I can at least read up separately?

Shame on Ubisoft for omitting subtitles on a dialogue heavy game. Least they can do is make the dialogue available as a download from their official site.

jcody
01-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Try going next to your bed and pressing any button. There are alot of complaints about this. I have normal hearing but i do sympathize, it's an ignorant move on ubi's part.

Ardiem
01-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the quick post! Yes, that did the trick - now I can sit through a few more annoying cut scenes! Hope the whole game isn't like this!

Thanks for your help.

PS Sorry about the whining, other than the missing subtitles, the game seems excellent - truly inspiring graphics (PS3)!

Crash_Plague
01-05-2008, 12:48 PM
Geez, that must really suck, not being able to hear to cut scenes, the story is really good.

Now I do realize the ignorance of UBI not putting in subtitles, its not really that hard.

I've put my own subtitles on movies and its not that complicated.

But it's still the best game "EVA!" and maybe someone will make a transcript of the story for the hearing impaired.

minibinladin
01-05-2008, 02:20 PM
hopefully when the patches come out it will have subtitles. we'll just have to cross our fingers!

AirRon_2K7
01-05-2008, 02:30 PM
My humble and honest suggestion would be for you to return your game mate. Assassin's Creed has a LOT of cut-scenes; you may be done with the future bit, but there are tons more to endure in the past, and more in the future. It's a great game, I'm just not sure if you'll say "Oh, that was worth the money" at the end of it all.

maddog111
01-05-2008, 02:32 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/351.gif

Ardiem
01-07-2008, 01:09 AM
I've just got on with playing it but it is a shame as the setting is really good - especially if you have an interest in that period of history.

But it does highlight a point - the game is based entirely around the story (or so it seems) and without it the game is, well, pretty repetitive. It is just doing the same thing over and over again against an increasing number of enemy. I know this is the formula used in every game since 1982 but I thought there might be more variety. Instead, the interest is supposed to be maintained by the intriguing storyline. It must be pretty good to keep people playing and then sing it's praises.

However, I still think it is good game and the graphics are superb and as minibinladin says, hopefully there will be subtitles in a patch. I don't see it happening though. However, I'm sure that if enough noise was made about it, Ubisoft will not make the same mistake with Assassin's Creed 2!

Chionubiforums
01-11-2008, 07:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ardiem:
I've just got on with playing it but it is a shame as the setting is really good - especially if you have an interest in that period of history.

But it does highlight a point - the game is based entirely around the story (or so it seems) and without it the game is, well, pretty repetitive. It is just doing the same thing over and over again against an increasing number of enemy. I know this is the formula used in every game since 1982 but I thought there might be more variety. Instead, the interest is supposed to be maintained by the intriguing storyline. It must be pretty good to keep people playing and then sing it's praises.

However, I still think it is good game and the graphics are superb and as minibinladin says, hopefully there will be subtitles in a patch. I don't see it happening though. However, I'm sure that if enough noise was made about it, Ubisoft will not make the same mistake with Assassin's Creed 2! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If for any reason you will still finish the game, and in the end, do not fully get the story or would like to know what was said at some particular point in the game, feel free to ask. I think I'd die not knowing about why the Illuminated is doing the things they do.

Ardiem
01-14-2008, 04:59 AM
Thanks Chionubiforums, that might just come in very handy! I'm not sure who the Illuminated are - first time I've heard of them. I presume they're some characters in the game though.

I've carried on playing it and I think I've completed it but not sure. I defeated that guy Al Maulim and then appeared back in the laboratory where there was some futher dialogue and some people behind a glass screen. After that I wandered about for a bit and there didn't seem to be anyting else I could do.
Eventually I discovered pressing the traingle button allowed me to see some hidden text on the floor and some in the bedroom which triggered the credits. But that seems to be it - is there anything I'm missing? What were they talking about anyway?

Much Appreciated!

cooldude6681
01-14-2008, 05:53 AM
Short summary: They want to find more of those glowy orbs (called the Pieces of Eden) so they can launch one in a satellite. After doing that, they'll be able to control the world using the orb's crazy mind-control powers. They also wanted to kill you, but Lucy (the girl...(to self: obviously the girl; who else would be named Lucy?)) convinced them not to in case there were any problems locating more Pieces of Eden.

Ardiem
01-14-2008, 06:07 AM
Ah right... okay, it seems like I've missed what's been going on for most of the game. Ok so Lucy has convinced the Illumunated not kill me so presumeably that means I'm supposed to do something else - collect those 'Pieces of Eden'?

How do I do that - go back on the machine and replay the last mission? Does the hidden writing on the floors and wall mean anything, is it supposed to help me find the Pieces of Eden?

Many thanks!

cooldude6681
01-14-2008, 06:19 AM
Pieces of Eden to be found in Assassin's Creed 2 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Long answer (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175552)
Short answer: No. Well, maybe. We won't really know if the writing will help us find the Pieces of Eden until the next game comes out.

kew414
01-14-2008, 06:36 AM
BTW they are Templars, not "the Illuminated" http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Ardiem
01-14-2008, 06:46 AM
Thanks for the link - I read the whole thing. I didn't know my character's name was Desmond, well now I do.

I haven't seen any of these emails either - where do I find them?

In fact, to be honest I didn't really know who or what most of the article was talking about. I guess the dialogue must explain a lot.

Ah well, fingers crossed the next installation has subtitles!

Taniquetil
01-14-2008, 07:14 AM
yeah u need the dialogue its essential to the game else like u said its repetetive, the only thing keeping me going to do all the repetitive stuff is the story line, and it seems the more of the repetetive tasks you do the better the story line is and the more friendly the guy in the assasins bureau is (simulating a better assassin following the creed properly etc)

if you want some help in the future mode gimme a message as theres lots of things that can be found, i dont wanna ruin it tho, when you get on to the emails read them all inbox outbox and sent its kindof the teaser to assassins creed 2

Taniquetil
01-14-2008, 07:15 AM
oh and what writing on the floor?

Ardiem
01-14-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks, Taniquetil, I'm not actually sure where the emails are - I only read about them on the link previously posted. I haven't read them myself as i didn't know they existed before I read that article.

I don;t think there is any way I'm going to get any further with this game as I don't know what the story is about. I wish Ubisoft would at least post the transcript on their website so I can read along. Mind you, I've completed the game now anyway (I think) - I'm only playing it try and find hidden stuff. Problem is half of the hidden stuff has hints in the dialogue apparently.

Go ahead and tell me what other things I can do as I don't think the game can be ruined any further with the lack of subtitles - I may as well get what I can from it.

Cheers

ScytheOfGrim
01-14-2008, 07:49 AM
The E-mails are found on the various laptops and computers lying around the lab. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Ardiem
01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
ok cool, I'll try going up to them again. I tried interacting with them before but nothing seemed to happen - are you supposed to press a particular button?

Taniquetil
01-14-2008, 08:29 AM
*SPOILER*

just warnin for those who dont wanna read but here goes

Ok to start, you can only read emails when no one else is in the room, so if Vidic or Lucy are still there go in to your room, door closes, wait abit go out and ur free to roam

and to pick stuff up and use things, it will come up with a Press any button to interact in the bottom corner @ ardiem since u asked.

1) theres a key card to your room in your clothes cupboard in your room, find that so you can enter and exit your room as you please

2) A pen on the Doctors Desk, which when u find it is kinda cool he slipped it up the inside of his jumper (where altair hides the assassins blade) i was hoping he was gonna try and kill vidic with it, but sadly no

3) get close enough to Vidic in one of the cutscenes and you automatically pickpocket something (or it just happens)

4) read the emails on both computers, the one by the machine first, inbox outbox and deleted

5) read vidic's computer cant remember how i got the password for it, but there are 2 passwords on it, one is in deleted emails i think title conf room...which unsurprisingly gives you a password to the conference room

6) theres a computer in there with a really interesting email on it and im now praying for assassins creed II

Ardiem
01-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Hmmm... very interesting - I'll give it a shot when I get in from work!

Taniquetil
01-14-2008, 08:42 AM
not sure if you have to do it as you progress through the game, or wether i missed anything but gl dude

Ashwx
01-14-2008, 10:06 AM
here you go mate, a story guide

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox360/file/930278/51299

Note: i didnt make it

cooldude6681
01-14-2008, 04:52 PM
Ooooh, nice find, dude.

Taniquetil
01-16-2008, 11:45 PM
yeah k, between memo block 3 and 4 om the future cutscene you can pickpocket vidic for his pen just by interacting with him when he walks off to the far side of the window to be a cocky gay boy admiring the view