PDA

View Full Version : Padlock enemy not as supposed to be in FB

jfri
04-29-2004, 04:17 PM
In a fight I pressed F4 to padlock enemy plane.
I chased this plane fired at it and got very close. Then I could clearly see that this was a friendly plane. But F4 means padlock enemy not friendly and I have checked my settings in controls configuration.

jfri
04-29-2004, 04:17 PM
I chased this plane fired at it and got very close. Then I could clearly see that this was a friendly plane. But F4 means padlock enemy not friendly and I have checked my settings in controls configuration.

FI-Aflak
04-29-2004, 04:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jfri:
I chased this plane fired at it and got very close. Then I could clearly see that this was a friendly plane. But F4 means padlock enemy not friendly and I have checked my settings in controls configuration.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe you had your shift key stuck? Shift-F4 is freindly-padlock.

jfri
04-29-2004, 06:15 PM
Maybe you had your shift key stuck? Shift-F4 is freindly-padlock.[/QUOTE]

NO and I also changed Shift F4 to F12 to prevent this mistake.

Longjocks
04-29-2004, 06:37 PM
Yup, the same thing happens to me. But I just go 'meh' and shoot my man down anyway. It'll serve him right for not turning on his IFF.

But I use the hat instead of padlock anyway. It helps me stay oriented as I lose where I am too easily with padlock. At low altitude this is naaahhhstaaay.

http://users.tpg.com.au/mpdeans/misc/midgesign2.gif "Thanks for the inspiration to rise above you all."

georgeo76
04-29-2004, 08:09 PM
If your playing in a server w/o icons, pl enemy will lock onto any AC.

jfri
04-30-2004, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Longjocks:
Yup, the same thing happens to me. But I just go 'meh' and shoot my man down anyway. It'll serve him right for not turning on his IFF.

But I use the hat instead of padlock anyway. It helps me stay oriented as I lose where I am too easily with padlock. At low altitude this is naaahhhstaaay.

I am up against several BF109 G and FW190 A5 together with several friendly aircraft. It's simply to difficult to identify the enemy and track him and at the same time avoiding being shot down. I have tried just lookuing around.

jfri
04-30-2004, 09:53 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by georgeo76:
If your playing in a server w/o icons, pl enemy will lock onto any AC.

What do you mean by playing in a server?

ZG77_Lignite
04-30-2004, 12:34 PM
If Icons are turned OFF, you (the player) are required to identify targets, friendly/enemy padlock does not work (all aircraft are padlocked equally). 'Playing on a server' refers to playing online, though the feature is available both on- and off-line.