PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed

Paul_2k12
06-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Hello,

I am still trying with the videos and the avi recorder.

When I record a track and change the views etc, everything is fine.

When I try to record the video the AVI renderer records totally different things to what i have set it at.

Thanks for any help as this is driving me mad.

Paul_2k12

Paul_2k12
06-26-2004, 03:22 PM
Hello,

I am still trying with the videos and the avi recorder.

When I record a track and change the views etc, everything is fine.

When I try to record the video the AVI renderer records totally different things to what i have set it at.

Thanks for any help as this is driving me mad.

Paul_2k12

Andrew_McP
06-27-2004, 08:31 AM
First thing to do after changing views is to save it and then play back the track again *without* touching the keyboard. If the views change correctly then you know that the raw material is working properly.

If the avi maker then goes on to record something different you'll know that the problem's beyond your control. I thought this was fixed in 1.02, so tracks should contain all changes of viewpoint, even the ones with edited zoom etc that the recorder used to discard. I haven't tried it though.

Andrew McP

PS Just tested 102 and the new trk recorder is superb at recording every type of view change, even when paused. While I still prefer Fraps for "spur of the moment" captures, this means that the trk/AVI maker method is now much more useful than in 101

[This message was edited by Andrew_McP on Sun June 27 2004 at 09:23 AM.]

Paul_2k12
06-30-2004, 01:38 PM
Hi thanks for the reply.

I am still having problems with this.

If i try to record a video using the inbuilt AVI renderer it seems fine **if i start the video from the start eg 12:00:00** If, however i try to record something say 35 seconds into the video it records my plane flying totally different that what I Have recorded in some circumstances crashing.

When I play the track file, everything is fine ie proper cameras etc.

Does anybody know whats wrong with this.

Thankyou.

Paul_2k12

BSR_RuGGBuTT
06-30-2004, 02:20 PM
When you change your camera view, record from just before that camera change. The AVI recorder will remember the camera change. If you change the camera at the beginning, then record after that your view will be corrupted.

For example, you have an event at 1 minute into the track. Do your camera change and setup at 50 seconds, this gives you 10 seconds to set the camera up right. When you record the AVI, record from the 50 second point. You will have 10 seconds of wasted footage but you'll get your camera shot.

http://teambsr.com/Pictures/drivethru2.gif

Paul_2k12
06-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Thank you,

I will give that a go.

I know the AVI renderer is harder to use but despite what anybody says it is the best.

When I have this sorted I will produce a great movie as I have loads of ideas just putting them into practice is the tough part, LOL

Anyway thanks

Paul_2k12

Paul_2k12
06-30-2004, 03:22 PM
Hi again,

I have tried this but no luck,

Like I say the first 30 seconds or so (below the 2gb limit) records fine but after that it doesn't work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Paul_2k12

BSR_RuGGBuTT
06-30-2004, 04:18 PM
It sounds like you're recording uncompressed. Try the Huffy Codecs (http://members.cox.net/teambsr/huffyuv-2.1.1.zip), they work great and you can get 2 minutes of recording at high quality.

Paul_2k12
07-01-2004, 11:06 AM
Hello,

I have been recording uncompressed, I thought this was better.

I will try the Huffy Codecs.

Thanks

Paul_2k12

BSR_RuGGBuTT
07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
I recorded my first movie that way, problem is you get about 30 seconds of footage and thats it. Huffy worked great for my second movie.

Paul_2k12
07-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Hi

I am now using the Huffy codec and .......................

Its fantastic it records everything great and even the Ctrl+F11 views.

Thank you so much for your help, You can be certain I will thank you in my Movie.

PS, I am using the Black Aquarius_Vaun SU 33 skin with the dragon on the back. Is it ok to use this for the video?

Thanks Again

Paul_2k12