PDA

View Full Version : Ju88 AI bugs

Danschnell
02-11-2006, 02:58 PM
some AI bugs for Ju88

1. With more than 1000kg bomb load the number 2 of any flight cannot take off.

This is because the AI flies the Ju88 in an 'up and down' cycle instead of a straight line. When just taken off, number one plane is climbing, then drops to 1m altitude. This causes the number two plane to follow down, but he has only just taken off and has no alitiude. So, after pointing his nose straight at the floor he instantly crashes.

2. AI planes dive bomb as though they have a full rack of 50kg bombs in the bomb bay, even when they dont.

For example, if the Ju88 is only carrying 2x500kg he will drop his bombs a loooong way short of the target, and IF he had had another 28 50kg bombs, they might have reached the target.

3. If the flight is too low to make dive bombing attacks, it won't bomb the target at all. Instead, after being given orders to bomb by human flight leader, they bomb clear ground, not the target. The AI bombs don't even land near the target, showing that AI are completely ignoring it.

Danschnell
02-11-2006, 02:58 PM
some AI bugs for Ju88

1. With more than 1000kg bomb load the number 2 of any flight cannot take off.

This is because the AI flies the Ju88 in an 'up and down' cycle instead of a straight line. When just taken off, number one plane is climbing, then drops to 1m altitude. This causes the number two plane to follow down, but he has only just taken off and has no alitiude. So, after pointing his nose straight at the floor he instantly crashes.

2. AI planes dive bomb as though they have a full rack of 50kg bombs in the bomb bay, even when they dont.

For example, if the Ju88 is only carrying 2x500kg he will drop his bombs a loooong way short of the target, and IF he had had another 28 50kg bombs, they might have reached the target.

3. If the flight is too low to make dive bombing attacks, it won't bomb the target at all. Instead, after being given orders to bomb by human flight leader, they bomb clear ground, not the target. The AI bombs don't even land near the target, showing that AI are completely ignoring it.

Sintubin
02-11-2006, 03:34 PM
Good post

Please take a look at the AI Mr Oleg

They are inportent for ONLINE and OFLINE

Skarphol
02-13-2006, 01:30 AM
I have also noted that the behaviour of the JU-88 AI is very weird. I've created a COOP-mission where 4 Ju-88's are supposed to bomb a stationary destroyer. While testing the mission, I first let all four bombers be AI, veterans, with 2 x SC1000. They all got off ground, but that was probably due to a downhill slope after the runway, because they were all dangerously close to the gound. Once they had gotten around to the first waypoint they started zig-zag'ing dangerously close to eachother for about 15 minutes, while climbing to 3000m. Once they had reached their target, noone was anywhere near hitting the destroyer.

Next time I put myself as the nr. 4 pilot. The AI pilots acted the same this time too. Very low takeoff, zig-zaging, nothing near hitting the target. I missed myself, too, but only with about the width of the destroyer.

Then I put myself in as the lead pilot. Now the zig-zaging was far less, but they had great problems catching up with me as I climbed with 100% power and radiators open. They didn't fall into formation until maybe 10minutes after I had reached 3000m and throttled back to 300km/h. As we neared our target I ordered them to attack ships. Then I noted that they had let themselves decend to maybe 2000m, unknown why. They all replayed "Unable" even though we were straight over the target. Then I ordered them to attack any groundtarget, but to no avail. There where an enormous amount of targets to choose from, as this was over the Tuapse harbour wich has been so butifully populated by Lück. Once again I missed the destroyer by some meters. (Got "Target Destroyed!" though, but that was a lie) The AI Ju-88's just lingered around in all the FLAK, and after a short while they decided to join up with me again with their bombs still attached. Two of them fell victim to enemy fighters on their way home. The last one landed with his bombs still attached.

All in all I think the AI of the Ju-88 is very unreliable.

Skarphol

NonWonderDog
02-13-2006, 03:00 AM
Can the Ju-88 take off with a super-heavy bomb load if you cut to 50% fuel? I think the big bomb loads are actually overload.

Jippo01
02-13-2006, 07:09 AM
Actually 3000kg is the maximum bombload you should be able to take, I advice to stay under that. The 2x1800 & 2x2000kg are "fantasy" load-outs, that had to be used in order not to "brake" other aspects of the game.

-jippo

JG53Frankyboy
02-13-2006, 07:14 AM
perhaps also a reason is that the ju88 in game raises all flaps (!) at 220km/h IAS - much to early in comparisson to real live, and much to early for the FM in game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

sry, but thats an anoying feature !

Jippo01
02-13-2006, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
perhaps also a reason is that the ju88 in game raises all flaps (!) at 220km/h IAS - much to early in comparisson to real live, and much to early for the FM in game http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

sry, but thats an anoying feature ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

30km/h too early, I'm making a bug list, and that is on it.

-jippo

JG53Frankyboy
02-13-2006, 09:35 AM
and perhaps combat flaps should never raise automaticly - but i think this would be far beyond the gameengine.........

IFF possible , non automatic combat flap settings in the F4F/FM-2 would also be nice http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

just because combatflap settings never damage the flaps at any speed and any plane- in game !

Danschnell
02-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Yes I am aware 2x2000kg is a fantasy loadout. I noticed this weird behaviour with 2000kg TOTAL load. In fact anything above 1000KG.

The AI can't take off. After their flaps automatically raise, they don't compensate by pulling up on the stick. Instead they just let themselves drop into the ground.

The AI behaviour of not attacking at all is very frustrating. They dive down, but after they've dived they won't aim for the target, if at all.

This is also a Bf110 bug. If you order BF110s to attack ground targets, 9 times out of 10 they say 'unable' despite the target being right there and visible and them having ordinance.

This but has been reported to Oleg before 4.03, but not fixed.

Jippo01
02-14-2006, 10:14 AM
I never have noticed such bug. Could it perhaps be mission related? waypoints and such? Too steep climb maybe?

Try to make mission so that the climb speed is 250km/h which is optimal, and see if it works for you.

-jippo

JG52Uther
02-14-2006, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">30km/h too early, I'm making a bug list, and that is on it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent,hopefully we get that fixed!

Da_Godfatha
02-14-2006, 03:00 PM
Here is what I do with max bomb load. Take 50% fuel (you don't need any more than that), start off with flaps at COMBAT, then start your take-off roll. At 120 kmh, drop flaps to TAKE-OFF, the tail will come up, then at about 170 kmh pull the stick back EASY,and keep going straight. Retract landing gear and flaps to COMBAT, at about 200 to 220 kmh, flaps FULL-UP.
Untill you get enough altitude you MUST be carefull with the controls so you don't stall out. Then it will be easy to take off with the Max bomb load.

BTW, the Ju-88 is the Schnizzle !!!!!! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

KG26_Alpha
02-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Add to your list the way they catch fire and explode in under 30 secs from
&gt; smoking engine
&gt; engine on fire
&gt; smoke from outer fuel tank
&gt; outer fuel tank on fire
&gt; fuel tank explodes
&gt; pilot n crew dead in under 30 secs.

Seems like the Betty would do better with this DM and give the JU88 the Betty DM plz http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Covino
02-14-2006, 07:16 PM
True, the Ju88 is supposed to be tougher than the He111 but it just doesnt seem that way at this point.

JG52Uther
02-15-2006, 11:26 AM
Is our JU88 too slow?

p1ngu666
02-15-2006, 11:41 AM
notsure uther, but with external load it should chop the speed back alot.

i think the ai problems are with the game, rather than just the ju88

my flights have been refusing todo anything Gattack i command them too of late http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Jippo01
02-15-2006, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG52Uther:
Is our JU88 too slow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

In last beta it was too slow without bombs, and too fast with bombs. On average slightly too fast infact, but not much.

-jippo