PDA

View Full Version : Whats a a good perk/reward setup now days?

ShootingProdi
11-20-2010, 10:05 PM
I'm having a hard time finding what i want to use when I play. Sometimes I use

Ability: Morph/Poison
Perk: Wall runner/blender
Streak: Streak Bonus +750/boost cooldowns
I'm level 33

But even with that setup at time I'm not doing so well.

ShootingProdi
11-20-2010, 10:05 PM

I'm level 33

But even with that setup at time I'm not doing so well.

spinalsoup
11-20-2010, 10:28 PM
maybe youre just bad

berm87
11-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Poison is extremely hard to use because you literally have to touch your target before you can poison them. I use it, but I've found that you have to be very patient to get those high scores. For this reason, I also employ smoke bombs or mute to stun pursuers who may bother me before I can make my move.

Blend helps confuse players that are after you, but if you accidentally blend in front of your target, it sort of gives you away, so keep that in mind.

In my experience, I'd just say that slow and steady wins the race. Don't be in a hurry and your efforts will pay off. If you can get hidden, incognito, poison, focus, and a variety bonus with one kill, we're talking about an enormous potential for big points.

amovngtarget
11-20-2010, 10:45 PM
I am level 33 too. Here is what I like to use.
Wanted (Stealthy)
Ability: Templar Vision/Poison
Perk: Wall Runner/Blender
Streak: Streak Bonus 300/Reset Cooldowns
Manhunt(Hunter)(Roofs)
Ability: Hidden Gun/Throwing Knife
Perk: Resistence/Wall Runner
Streak: Same as Wanted
Manhunt(Hunted)(Stealthy)
Ability: Morph/Decoy
Perk: Wall Runner/Fast Getaway
Streak: Same as Wanted
For the Wanted abilities I almost never use Templar Vision so I am going to be changing that. Usually when I use those sets I almost always come in first or second.

Nick1021
11-20-2010, 11:37 PM
Morph kinda sucks in high levels. It totally gives out your position, and people use fireworks/templar vision/morph on you.

I use slow poison and long lasting knives. It's a good set-up and I think the best for alliance(well at least for me and my team-mate). For wanted I still play with poison and knives but if I'm on top and 2nd place is kinda far away I switch to defense. I use long disguise and smoke bombs. I also have blender perk on it. So I go into a crowd and disguise myself. If everything goes wrong I smoke bomb.

ShootingProdi
11-21-2010, 12:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
Morph kinda sucks in high levels. It totally gives out your position, and people use fireworks/templar vision/morph on you.

I use slow poison and long lasting knives. It's a good set-up and I think the best for alliance(well at least for me and my team-mate). For wanted I still play with poison and knives but if I'm on top and 2nd place is kinda far away I switch to defense. I use long disguise and smoke bombs. I also have blender perk on it. So I go into a crowd and disguise myself. If everything goes wrong I smoke bomb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Morph is good if used in the right way. Like I don't follow the big crowd that looks like me. Ill morph one group but go to another group.

KCizzll
11-21-2010, 12:05 AM
^ that's a nice technique, would work even better if the compass wasn't so exact.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 12:06 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShootingProdi:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

I use slow poison and long lasting knives. It's a good set-up and I think the best for alliance(well at least for me and my team-mate). For wanted I still play with poison and knives but if I'm on top and 2nd place is kinda far away I switch to defense. I use long disguise and smoke bombs. I also have blender perk on it. So I go into a crowd and disguise myself. If everything goes wrong I smoke bomb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Morph is good if used in the right way. Like I don't follow the big crowd that looks like me. Ill morph one group but go to another group. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to be very lucky. You need a two groups and on of the groups needs to have a guy look like you. Their are much more efficient ways. And don't forget about tem vision.

ShootingProdi
11-21-2010, 12:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ShootingProdi:

I use slow poison and long lasting knives. It's a good set-up and I think the best for alliance(well at least for me and my team-mate). For wanted I still play with poison and knives but if I'm on top and 2nd place is kinda far away I switch to defense. I use long disguise and smoke bombs. I also have blender perk on it. So I go into a crowd and disguise myself. If everything goes wrong I smoke bomb. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Morph is good if used in the right way. Like I don't follow the big crowd that looks like me. Ill morph one group but go to another group. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have to be very lucky. You need a two groups and on of the groups needs to have a guy look like you. Their are much more efficient ways. And don't forget about tem vision. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yea Ill have to admit Tem vision is a pain in the ***

TheXenon
11-21-2010, 12:42 AM
I use Longer Templar Vision / Longer Smoke Bomb and Silent Hunter Perk / Blender Perk.

Those own together.

I would still be using Poison / Templar Vision if you didn't have to be right on your targets *** when using it.

ShootingProdi
11-21-2010, 01:19 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheXenon:
I use Longer Templar Vision / Longer Smoke Bomb and Silent Hunter Perk / Blender Perk.

Those own together.

I would still be using Poison / Templar Vision if you didn't have to be right on your targets *** when using it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> what is silent hunter perk?

SeekReality
11-21-2010, 10:51 AM
Im not too high in the levels so im not too sure if this the best seup but i use:

Smoke/Pistol
No perks yet &gt;.&lt;
reset cooldowns/+300 3 streak

I normally top 3 most games i play, but i dont find myself using the abilities alot. maybe its just because im at the lower levels.

CourtJestGaming
11-21-2010, 02:25 PM

I'm level 33

But even with that setup at time I'm not doing so well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why use Morph and Blender? Just asking, since i personally use Blender and leave out morph.

Not only do you still have a 50/50 shot at a pursuer killing the wrong target, it also will free up a skill slot in replacement of Morph. And alot of people have Templar Vision by now, which makes morph a larger of a waste IMO than the Perk slot since they aren't as useful in some ways than normal skills.

I personally love my setup, and do pretty darn good with it. I'm doing bad if I don't score at least 3k in any match, as my normal is around 3500-5200 depending.

Most setups too I think, aren't really better than the next. This game is more so about playing intelligently. Just because someone is level 50 doesn't mean they are going to kill well, trust me I've seen it numerous times.

I always say with games like this, that any setup should be one that augments YOUR playing style, and works the best with how you approach things.

Squiddish
11-21-2010, 05:55 PM
I have found the most success with this method:

Long Lasting Smoke Bomb (would use Rapid Reload if I had it QQ)
Fast-Acting Poison

Wall Runner
Blender

+750 5 silent kills
Reset Cooldowns

A lot of people run Tem. Vision now, which is annoying. However, a lot of people don't do it well, as in they pop it in plain sight of you. With Smoke Bomb, if I see somebody pop vision then I already know who I need to go punch. Anyone without vision gets shafted at least 50/50 with Blender. I like Reset Cooldowns better than Boost Cooldowns because I play very defensively once I get in the lead, which leads to me losing contracts to other people a lot. This also leads to lots of smoke bombs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Poison is very difficult to use effectively, but is VERY NICE if you can pull it off. I just got a 1200 point kill yesterday using poison from a blended group (I literally got a Lure while the guy was dying from poison). What I have found helps is to not go into a game or an assassination particularly trying to poison someone, but just taking the opportunity should it arise. I have considered trading poison for vision, though. Personally I &lt;3 poison.

And I play really ninja so the +750 comes around once in 3 or 4 games, large point boost is large http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif