PDA

View Full Version : E-D wireless glasses and TrackIR 4

Flying_Buddha
04-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi guys,

I've been doing some research on the E-D wireless glasses. I did a search in these forums and all I found were old threads 2 or 3 years out of date, saying that people could not get these glasses working, and that they would not work on LCD's and that there were compatibility problems with ATI and Radeon cards, etc. But I can't seem to find any info on the subject which is more up to date.

From looking at eDimensionals website, they now fully support all ATI and Nvidia cards, and work on LCD monitors as well. Have they ironed out the problems now?

I would like to couple these E-D glasses with TrackIR and want to know if anyone else is using this kind of a set up and if so, please let us know how it's working out for you so far....

I'm hoping to run this setup using a Dell 24' widescreen LCD and an ATI X1900XTX card

So what's the word poeple?

Thanks

Flying_Buddha
04-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Hi guys,

I've been doing some research on the E-D wireless glasses. I did a search in these forums and all I found were old threads 2 or 3 years out of date, saying that people could not get these glasses working, and that they would not work on LCD's and that there were compatibility problems with ATI and Radeon cards, etc. But I can't seem to find any info on the subject which is more up to date.

From looking at eDimensionals website, they now fully support all ATI and Nvidia cards, and work on LCD monitors as well. Have they ironed out the problems now?

I would like to couple these E-D glasses with TrackIR and want to know if anyone else is using this kind of a set up and if so, please let us know how it's working out for you so far....

I'm hoping to run this setup using a Dell 24' widescreen LCD and an ATI X1900XTX card

So what's the word poeple?

Thanks

WTE_Galway
04-18-2006, 11:15 PM
there were several issues at the time:

- stereo ATI drivers did not exist
- stereo nvidia drivers seemed to work fine in other games but not iL2
- the refresh rate of the LCD's was way to slow

you will need to confirm -

firstly that the drivers for your video card will work with the glasses in IL2

secondly you need to check what LCD's will work .. for example a 4ms LCD may work while a 18ms LCD may not

woofiedog
04-19-2006, 06:05 AM
I have a set of the 3D glasses and it a Total Waste of time and $$$.
PM me if your still set on a set of the glasses.

Wild.Bill.Kelso
04-19-2006, 06:50 AM
I also bought those about 1.5 years ago. Never worked, so I sold them.

They are a Total Waste of Time and $$$!!!

I had a pair about 4 years ago, then the company went out of business, so XP drivers were not created. I had to get rid of those also.

leitmotiv
04-19-2006, 08:02 AM
Bought the 3D glasses a year ago along with their force feedback earphones. The 3D glasses never worked as advertised. The FF earphones were junk. Add to that I had to reinstall my Maddox suite because the ED programs warped the play. Hideous waste of money.

DDastardlySID
04-23-2006, 10:16 PM
I have a coupla pairs of the ED glasses and love them - in fact I wouldn't dream of playing any game in 2D if it's 3D compatible. Most games can be made to work great in 3D with a bit of tweaking, although unfortunately IL2 is one of the exceptions (both MSFS2004 and Lock On do work though).

Having said all that, I have an Nvidia card and use the Nvidia 3D stereo drivers with a CRT monitor @120Hz. With an ATI card you're stuck using ED's own 3D drivers which, the last time I checked, didn't have a page flipping mode (instead they use a vastly inferior interleaved mode). They also had pitiful performance fps-wise in 3D compared to the Nvidia drivers. You can read more about stereo 3D at these forums (http://forums.stereovision.net/) if you need any more info.
Cheers,
DD

Edit: Forgot to mention, I use the glasses in combination with a TrackIR3 pro (inc Vector) and they work fine together - being able to look around a real 3D cockpit gives a pretty staggering degree of immersion.