PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents

JasonFMTX
05-12-2010, 03:07 AM
First off.. Chaos Theory was the best ever, why they went away from that, like UBI is doing with near all of it's games...I'll never know. Setting that aside for the moment.

As a stand alone game, I really like this one. I have two problems.

1. Black and White: I didn't pay alot of money for all this PC equipment to look at black and white. And being I like to stealth play, as SC should be...I'm looking at black and white 90% of time. I think this is total bull pucky. What was wrong with the meter?

2. No chat in game: Are you kidding me? This the first multiplayer game I have EVER played that didn't have SOME sort of chat. Not even text. How can this idea ever even leave the drawing board? This is absolutely insane. Espeically in a game where teamplay is a MUST to complete each map.

I have other more minor issues, like unlimited pistol ammo, and super anti bullet regen health, but I'm willing to let all of that go. Those two above are my main problems.

Games are evolving backwards as far as I'm concerned.

JasonFMTX
05-12-2010, 03:07 AM
First off.. Chaos Theory was the best ever, why they went away from that, like UBI is doing with near all of it's games...I'll never know. Setting that aside for the moment.

As a stand alone game, I really like this one. I have two problems.

1. Black and White: I didn't pay alot of money for all this PC equipment to look at black and white. And being I like to stealth play, as SC should be...I'm looking at black and white 90% of time. I think this is total bull pucky. What was wrong with the meter?

2. No chat in game: Are you kidding me? This the first multiplayer game I have EVER played that didn't have SOME sort of chat. Not even text. How can this idea ever even leave the drawing board? This is absolutely insane. Espeically in a game where teamplay is a MUST to complete each map.

I have other more minor issues, like unlimited pistol ammo, and super anti bullet regen health, but I'm willing to let all of that go. Those two above are my main problems.

Games are evolving backwards as far as I'm concerned.

yeti1221
05-12-2010, 04:39 AM
I think the Black-White modus is ok. The Gameplay its better, because you know when you are in shadows. But the No-Chat in game is stupid. I always speak with my friends x-fire but when i play alone its not so good. Drawing board or game chat room have to be always in MP modus.

JasonFMTX
05-12-2010, 02:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yeti1221:
I think the Black-White modus is ok. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand I won't quite "rally the troops" with that one. But I don't beleive in it. Like I said, come on...majority of the game is spent in black and white. Out of 4 other SC games that were great, we got by just fine without it. The meter works great. Perhaps an option? Meter or B&W?

Also, on a more practical note, I have a hard time gaging distance with the B&W, as well as other things. Theres no depth or borders when everything is only 2 colors.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by yeti1221:But the No-Chat in game is stupid. I always speak with my friends x-fire but when i play alone its not so good. Drawing board or game chat room have to be always in MP modus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it is, I have a server I play with as well...but when no one is on and I do a search and play with a stranger, I have no way to communicate even the smallest things. Not even pre recorded messages in game for your character to speak...NOTHING. I just cant for the life of me figure out how an idea like this leaves the idea room.

I'm goin go get a T shirt made or start a website or something about how games are going backwards. We as a people think that change is always better and the more change the better it is and whatever change is good. That's not always the case. Change is only good when you didn't get it right the first time. We''l with SC things were right the first time. They were great. Then, like so many other computer related things, they have to change it and its horrible.