PDA

View Full Version : How to get the most out of assassin's creed

jcody
12-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Assassin's creed was one of those games i felt like i had to rush on for some reason. I wish i wouldn't have now, but oh well.

I'm starting a new game, since it's just about impossible to have any replay value out of this game.

Things I'm going to do this go round:

-Syncronization bar OFF (more of a challenge, and more realistic.)

-Completing all investigations, view points, and rescuing all citezens before actual assassination

- I'm not going to actually fight al mualm, I'm never going to. That way I can freely explore all I want to collecting flags and killing templars without having to watch a 6 minute cutscene and starting back from masyaf every time.

- I'm never going to use the warp feature after the first 3 assassinations.

-Most importantly, I'm going to take my time with it this time.

What do you guys think? Something else that i missed?

jcody
12-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Assassin's creed was one of those games i felt like i had to rush on for some reason. I wish i wouldn't have now, but oh well.

I'm starting a new game, since it's just about impossible to have any replay value out of this game.

-Completing all investigations, view points, and rescuing all citezens before actual assassination

- I'm not going to actually fight al mualm, I'm never going to. That way I can freely explore all I want to collecting flags and killing templars without having to watch a 6 minute cutscene and starting back from masyaf every time.

What do you guys think? Something else that i missed?

Inferno015
12-26-2007, 11:50 AM
To get the most, I do the chases while looking for investigations and viewpoints. Just kill a guard and run towards your objecivte, trying to hide along the way. If the guards are suspicious of you (the thing is blinking red and makes that annoying sound) the game becomes much harder as you can hardly do any high-profile actions without getting caught. Unfortunately this only works in the late game and you still have to do a lot of killing to get noticed.

KlNDRED
12-26-2007, 12:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jcody:

What do you guys think? Something else that i missed? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you have inspired me to do the same. Thank you. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Crash_Plague
12-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Not just the sync bar, but also the GPS and weapon display should be turned off, so that way you must use Eagle Vision to find fleeing targets and you must be very aware of yourself in the game.

jcody
12-26-2007, 05:58 PM
I was considering doing that too but thought it would be a little too drastic. Weapon display doesn't really matter, i know where everything is, but it's just nice to know how many throwing knives i have left as they are extremely useful for me.

Nazgul2000
12-26-2007, 06:31 PM
umm how would u do the timed assassinations without a gps??? and btw how do u turn off sync bar?? oh and i played the game the exact same way u said except without turning off the hud and sync bar. i found it to be lots of fun

assassincreed08
12-26-2007, 06:31 PM
The thing i am going to do when i start over is:
..not miss anything.

Who finds it annoying when gurds attack you when you ddnt do anything?

jcody
12-26-2007, 06:39 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jcody:
I was considering doing that too but thought it would be a little too drastic. Weapon display doesn't really matter, i know where everything is, but it's just nice to know how many throwing knives i have left as they are extremely useful for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can turn that off in the options menu in both the animus and the pause screen. Look in "HUD controls" or something like that.

Xthe_assassinX
12-27-2007, 01:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassincreed08:
..not miss anything.

Who finds it annoying when gurds attack you when you ddnt do anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

MUCHO ANNOYING-O lol happens to me all the time.

Anyway, What I am doing is all the investegations/view points/save citizens before the assassination. After I get to the last block before The Master, I will probably go find all the flags and pretty much everything else. It is fun, sucky though I can't own everyone on the rooftops with Throwing Knives until later in the game. I miss my knives..

Xerce_be
12-27-2007, 01:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassincreed08:
..not miss anything.

Who finds it annoying when gurds attack you when you ddnt do anything? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it's annoying indeed, but it isn't just without a reason.. they only attack you when you didn't do anything and when not in blend orso in the late game and that's coz there they are informed of assassins in the city that are going to murder the boss there.. so it isn't just stupid like ooh looks like a suspicious one, let's kille him! i doubt u ment that but just making it clear..

Xerce_be
12-27-2007, 01:56 PM
i've allways thought of it that way, when good games i looked forward too i'd like to enjoy it and get the mostout of it allways. (like switch of the light and boost the sound and do everything in the game to make it more realistic) so i like how you posted this and inspire other people to do the same. Still assassin's creed has a amazing but short gameplay..

i esspecially liked the idea of not killing the guy. coz of the short gameplay i would like doing that coz then i can still freely explore, collect flaggs and kill templars like you said it.. when i've kinda finished the game coz it looks like you can allways have fun and free-run arround n stuff, that's coool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cya

jcody
12-31-2007, 08:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xerce_be:
i've allways thought of it that way, when good games i looked forward too i'd like to enjoy it and get the mostout of it allways. (like switch of the light and boost the sound and do everything in the game to make it more realistic) so i like how you posted this and inspire other people to do the same. Still assassin's creed has a amazing but short gameplay..

i esspecially liked the idea of not killing the guy. coz of the short gameplay i would like doing that coz then i can still freely explore, collect flaggs and kill templars like you said it.. when i've kinda finished the game coz it looks like you can allways have fun and free-run arround n stuff, that's coool http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

cya </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I do the same, seems we think alike. I just wish i would've realized how short the game was. If i would've done all of this stuff from the get-go i would still be on my first game save, which is always the funnest.

I'm willing to bet that saving all citizens, scaling all view points, and completeing each investigation for every assassination triples total game play time, at the least.

ACthegame
01-11-2008, 09:00 PM
What is a warp feature?

spazzoo1025
01-11-2008, 09:01 PM
when u've been to all 3 citites, after those assassinations, u can just fast-travel n skip the kingdom

Shadowlithe
01-11-2008, 11:49 PM
In order to get the most out of AC, I need that shiny new crossbow you see in the intro at the beginning. Anyone know how to get it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

MortenPetterson
01-12-2008, 02:33 AM
I don't see the point in starting over again. I killed the devilish 10th man and then it put me back into the laboratory. I looked around at all the markings then went back to the Animus and reloaded the memories (Replay Memory). It takes you back to that memory block (so I went to the last one in Jerusalem to kill Robert) I have all my equipment and can just run around and collect flags from there...

Oh and I scaled every viewpoint and saved every citizen and every eavesdrop etc first time round. Without a doubt the huge cathedral spire in Acre was the best!

My only fear is that with less direction in the game I may lose interest before I collect them all...

T_Spoon_UK
01-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Do what i do...

Dont play it for a few weeks, Play some diffrent games, Go back on it a few weeks later and its gotten fun again to just run around.

jcody
01-12-2008, 11:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MortenPetterson:
I don't see the point in starting over again. I killed the devilish 10th man and then it put me back into the laboratory. I looked around at all the markings then went back to the Animus and reloaded the memories (Replay Memory). It takes you back to that memory block (so I went to the last one in Jerusalem to kill Robert) I have all my equipment and can just run around and collect flags from there...
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OH EM GEE! I never thought of that! You mean you can actually do that simple game mechanic? You get a star!

Um...duh?

The problem is that you watch a 6 minute cutscene with al mualim and ALWAYS start from masyaf each time you reload the block, as opposed to starting where you left off with no cutscene if you simply don't finish the last mission.

Meaning, if you want to collect all the flags in acre, each time you reload the memory block you spend ~6 minutes watching a cutscene, ~5 minutes getting out of masayaf (since you are starting from the flipping castle) ~1-2 minutes riding to the warp, ~3-6 minutes actually getting inside acre from where the warp brings you, depending on your method of getting inside. AND, to make it even more ridiculus, you are starting from square one again, you are at the beginning of the city and have to get to where the flags you didn't collect are.

As opposed to not finishing the last assassination, pressing continue, and picking up where you left off, which is about ~0 minutes.

I can't afford to waste 20 minutes every time i want to play. Research buddy, research.

There is no comparison.

EricBloom
01-14-2008, 10:20 PM
In the Assassins Creed (PS3) booklet that comes in the game case, there is a comment on page 19:
---
Vidic - Lucy, didn't you say that the new Animus update allows us to jump to the assassination without doing all the investigation missions? We need the Animus to fill n the blanks on some of these if we are going to make our deadline.
----

Does this refer to some special code or way to do this? If so, would be great to find out how to enable.

reaktor
01-15-2008, 05:56 AM
I was considering doing that too but thought it would be a little too drastic. Weapon display doesn't really matter, i know where everything is, but it's just nice to know how many throwing knives i have left as they are extremely useful for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

psssh... considering?? you SHOULD DO.. when ifirst bought this game i turned ALL the hud off and let me tell you.. so-called-person-who-thinks-they-can-tell-others-how-to-get-the-most-out-of-the-game-when-he-himself-hasnt-a-clue that playing the game this way is much better..

your even saying your still gonna use the fast travel a bit.. just dont at all.

without the mini-map.. you actually learn the streets and dont need to climb any towers if you dont wanna, its MUCH better this way trust me.

ZakvsShotgun
01-15-2008, 07:06 AM
yeah what is the warp feature?

TheFlyingOneUk
01-15-2008, 12:46 PM
Hey, jcody, just a question. I'm on my second playthrough now and i want to just collect flags and get the templars and just generally free-roam around. So where should I stop progressing with the storyline in order to be able to free-roam with my weapons and abilities maxed, and to be able to quit and carry on where I left off without the stupid 6 minute cut-scene?
Should I stop before the fight with Maria, or the fight with Robert (real one at Arsuf), or the fight with Al-Mualim?
Thanks, I'd appreciate any help.

spazzoo1025
01-15-2008, 12:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TheFlyingOneUk:
Hey, jcody, just a question. I'm on my second playthrough now and i want to just collect flags and get the templars and just generally free-roam around. So where should I stop progressing with the storyline in order to be able to free-roam with my weapons and abilities maxed, and to be able to quit and carry on where I left off without the stupid 6 minute cut-scene?
Should I stop before the fight with Maria, or the fight with Robert (real one at Arsuf), or the fight with Al-Mualim?
Thanks, I'd appreciate any help. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

to have all ur abilities, it's gotta be Memory block 6

anddd u always gotta listen to the speech
just go to the bathroom or get a drink while its on lol

jcody
01-19-2008, 08:31 PM
Do it after the assassination of jubair. If you "assassinate" maria, the game won't autosave flags and such until you do the mission at arsuf, that's what happened to me. And then, after arsuf you are warped to masyaf to finish the game.

spazzoo, you won't have to listen to the speach this way..you'll start from wherever the last "content saving" message appeared (such as entering a new area of the kingdom or a city) from the get go with nothing to watch. That's pretty much the point. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
so-called-person-who-thinks-they-can-tell-others-how-to-get-the-most-out-of-the-game-when-he-himself-hasnt-a-clue that playing the game this way is much better..

your even saying your still gonna use the fast travel a bit.. just dont at all.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well sorry noob, you don't have to be a ****. I think getting rid of the GPS will make the game too ridiculus. Say goodbye to timed imformer missions, arguably the funnest part of the game imo. Some of them are difficult WITH the gps map..without would be 100% impossible, without a slight chance of a doubt.

When did i say i was going to use fast travel "a bit."? I said, i'm not going to use it after the first three assassinations. It isn't availible before the first three assassinations, dumb ****.

jcody
01-19-2008, 09:01 PM
He's not asking what memory block to reload...he's asking where to stop progression, so you DON't have to watch the cutscene.

After the assassination of jubair/sibrand, depending on which one you kill last, that is where to stop. If you "assassinate" maria, the game won't save anything that is collected unless you carry out the mission at arsuf, which warps you to masayaf, where you are stuck until you finish the game.

Side note, since I've done this, I have 97/100 king richard flags without a guide. God knows it will take me forever to find THREE within the entire outerior of assassin's creed.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Taniquetil
01-19-2008, 10:06 PM
personally i dont use throwing knives, makes for more fun, try not getting spotted on a rooftop area with 5 or so guards close proximity without them seeing you without throwing knives, tis alot more fun imo

gps off is much harder but more challenging

Traigon
02-13-2008, 06:14 PM
I no this totally unrelated but i saw Altair in the end of the beginning cutscene he walks off to the left of the camera angle u can c the knives on his back http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Grapefructis
02-13-2008, 10:57 PM
I got all the view points, eavesdropping, citizen saving etc first time round. And the city warping just came back to bite me in the end as I had never even heard of Aloof and so had to find it which took forever after being constantly attacked on the road.