PDA

View Full Version : Dying...

robinzx
01-16-2011, 08:36 PM
I've been playing MP for about a month now and have myself at lvl. 43 through playing a mixture of Wanted, Advanced Wanted and Manhunt. I typically go for poison/smoke in wanted and I try to run closer to the target and then get a stealthy kill. I usually place in the top 3-4 points-wise trying to focus on high scoring kills but I also die a lot.

I've been trying to detect "whispers" but haven't had much success so far. Other than that my anti-pursuer strategy consists mostly of looking behind me as I walk (in groups where I can, solo otherwise). Is there something wrong with what I'm doing defensively?

robinzx
01-16-2011, 08:36 PM
I've been playing MP for about a month now and have myself at lvl. 43 through playing a mixture of Wanted, Advanced Wanted and Manhunt. I typically go for poison/smoke in wanted and I try to run closer to the target and then get a stealthy kill. I usually place in the top 3-4 points-wise trying to focus on high scoring kills but I also die a lot.

I've been trying to detect "whispers" but haven't had much success so far. Other than that my anti-pursuer strategy consists mostly of looking behind me as I walk (in groups where I can, solo otherwise). Is there something wrong with what I'm doing defensively?

GAOStarr
01-16-2011, 08:42 PM
Actually, it sounds like you and I play exactly the same. I use Smoke for defense as well as building Focus. And I use Slow Acting Poison. I rush as close to my target as possible without being spotted. Then I slow down for a stealthy incognito/hidden/focus/poison kill.

With this playstyle, your best defense is to constantly watch your surroundings and be ready with smoke.

The other thing you can do (that I just started doing tonight) is turn down your SFX Volume to 1-3 and your Voice Volume to 1-3. Then make sure your Music Volume is up at 10. Whenever you enter a match, turn up your TV volume until you are comfortable with your ability to hear the Whispers.

I had a pretty difficult time hearing them until I did this. If you really want to hear them as best as possible (without headphones) you can turn SFX and Voice down to 0. It's almost impossible to miss the Whispers. Also, the Whispers and nothing but the background music make for eerie matches. lol

Try it out.

robinzx
01-17-2011, 12:08 AM
Thanks. Yea does sound similar. I use blender and one other (reduce cooldowns, fast getaway, etc) as perks.

I guess I just need to be more aware of my surroundings - too many times I'm right next to a kill and lose track of what's going on behind me..