PDA

View Full Version : Energy fighters help

gorkyporky
10-06-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi!
Im wondering how do i fight a TnB fighter like lets say a zero or a spit in an BnZ plane like P-51 or a FW-190 (does the p-38 fit into this category?) on equal terms. Eg. if you start quick misson in a p-38 vs. bf109 on 1000m alt? They always manage to get me on the first pass, or get on my 6, even if i climb like crazy!

gorkyporky
10-06-2008, 05:22 AM
Hi!
Im wondering how do i fight a TnB fighter like lets say a zero or a spit in an BnZ plane like P-51 or a FW-190 (does the p-38 fit into this category?) on equal terms. Eg. if you start quick misson in a p-38 vs. bf109 on 1000m alt? They always manage to get me on the first pass, or get on my 6, even if i climb like crazy!

Jaws2002
10-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Don't try to climb like crazy, try to climb at high speed. Keep a shallow climb angle and keep the speed 400km/h IAS or more. You end up getting a good separation from a slower plane like a zero. any time he gets close to you just level and extend. Do this until you have enough separation to reverse (in vertical if possible). from there on is just high speed passes and extending. You are almost untouchable this way.
P-38 against 109 is a bit harder. you have to know at what altitude you have the most speed advantage over the 109 and try to fight him at that altitude.
Not to get shot down in the first pass try to get under his nose when you merge pushing the stick more and more as you get closer to force him to dive to take a shot at you. When he's close to shooting range roll 45 degree and pull sharp. he won't be able to hit you this way. after this merge he has to pull up from the dive and then turn around and you can go up right there and get the drop on him. If you want to be safer just keep going in shallow climb or level until you get the separation you need to reverse.

M_Gunz
10-06-2008, 09:28 AM
QM start is slow. If you go right into the fight from there then the slow fighter will have
a big advantage. Extend as the man says. Circle way out from him and do a shallow spiral
upwards while playing keep-away. So what if he can outclimb you at low speed? One: he can
only do that up so high before he hits critical alt. Two: if he gets slow enough before getting
much above you then you should have the speed to maneuver and cross distance to get shots in...

-if- you don't take a lot of time lining up the shot -and especially if- you can shoot without
having to be co-speed and hanging on his six. People who shoot like the latter should stick
to TnB or practice gunnery more.

Xiolablu3
10-06-2008, 09:53 AM
Are you playing online or offline?

M_Gunz
10-06-2008, 10:02 AM
QM Xio.... he said quick mission.

gorkyporky
10-06-2008, 12:34 PM
I usualy fly offline, and when i fly online i usualy do a couple of cicles around the airstrip to gain some altitude advantage, so it isnt such a big concern.

DKoor
10-06-2008, 02:16 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorkyporky:
Hi!
Im wondering how do i fight a TnB fighter like lets say a zero or a spit in an BnZ plane like P-51 or a FW-190 (does the p-38 fit into this category?) on equal terms. Eg. if you start quick misson in a p-38 vs. bf109 on 1000m alt? They always manage to get me on the first pass, or get on my 6, even if i climb like crazy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>If you are unsure - just outturn them and shot them down.
It's the easiest way, especially if you aren't at speed and he is chasing you.

DKoor
10-06-2008, 02:21 PM
PS.
Czech out this track, I tried to maintain slightly superior position over a Focke schwarm (4 of them), and in the process I riddled some http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif ... Fockes are Ai aces, settings are realistic, mission is coop type.
Afterwards it boiled down to who's got better tricks, and that is the part where human race excels over Ai.
So farhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif .

P-51 vs 4xFW-190 (http://www.esnips.com/doc/3e9e1ca5-28cc-45ea-8384-64415e3a7ace/DKoor51D-4x190A-408)