PDA

View Full Version : How come I crash in the track replay?

Wedge598
05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I ran my first Campaign fighter pilot mission last night. I'm playing the Imo Jima map in a F4U-1C I think.

The lauch was a successfull and so was the dogfight. I got only one kill and it wasn't pretty but 3 of my squad survived and reported back to the carrier.

Despite the hole in my wing I touched her down gently for one of my better landings. When I selected to quit the mission I choose to save the track. I hadn't started a recording earlier so I wasn't sure if saving would do anything but it did.

When I watched the track afterward everything looked as I remembered it except that halfway through the dogfight I spiraled into the drink and the mission was over?!?

What the heck? I never crashed in mission so why did I crash in the track replay? I also noticed that early on in the battle I was chasing some invisible Zeros too. Seems like the track was only saving part of the fight.

Wedge598
05-02-2007, 01:45 PM
I ran my first Campaign fighter pilot mission last night. I'm playing the Imo Jima map in a F4U-1C I think.

The lauch was a successfull and so was the dogfight. I got only one kill and it wasn't pretty but 3 of my squad survived and reported back to the carrier.

Despite the hole in my wing I touched her down gently for one of my better landings. When I selected to quit the mission I choose to save the track. I hadn't started a recording earlier so I wasn't sure if saving would do anything but it did.

When I watched the track afterward everything looked as I remembered it except that halfway through the dogfight I spiraled into the drink and the mission was over?!?

What the heck? I never crashed in mission so why did I crash in the track replay? I also noticed that early on in the battle I was chasing some invisible Zeros too. Seems like the track was only saving part of the fight.

DKoor
05-02-2007, 02:00 PM
Do not recrd the TRK record NRTK.....
NRTK is track in "online mode", but you can record in this format offline as well.
Set some key on keyboard to record start/stop and when in game just hit that key once to start to record.
When you want end it, just press the key again or you may wait until mission finishes.

horseback
05-02-2007, 02:30 PM
If you decide to save the track after the mission, that track is good only for as long as your current game playing session. To keep it for future viewing, you need to play it and re-record in the quicktrack or quick save mode (I've had the key assigned to 's' for so long, I have no idea what the 'official' term for it is) immediately after saving it.

This will give you an accurate replayable record of your mission for later game sessions or sharing the trackfile with your buddies, so they can see what you're trying to describe.

cheers

horseback

blakduk
05-02-2007, 10:26 PM
Wedge598- this first time this happened to me i was mystified as well.
If you save the track at the end of a mission it gets recorded as a .trk file. This records all your inputs and the responses of the AI etc- if the playback gets out of synch you end up with planes flying quite strangely. The playback can get out of synch if there is brief warping etc during playback.
Ntrk files are more robust (and much larger) as they record where the planes actually were as well as the inputs etc. This is why ntrk's can play back on different versions of Il2. If the flight model is changed it doesnt matter to the ntrak as it will record all the planes speed, attitude, altitude etc.
The .trk has to run through all the calculations again using the record of your inputs, hence the different versions of Il2 would playback very differently.

If you replay the .trk file again you might get lucky and get to view the mission as it actually occured. If you pause it during playback to look at different views etc you increase the chance that a sync problem will occur.