PDA

View Full Version : Engine Startups ?

ebonheart_2_329
05-11-2005, 09:38 AM
I've noticed that all the aircraft seem to sound very simular when starting up. I have heard both a P-51D and an early P-47 startup and they dont sound, or act, simular to one another at all... for example.

I am wondering if BOB or possibly the 4.0 update could change this any.. make the aircraft more distinctive... I have the recordings of a P-47 engine during startup, and through alot of rpm settings... during testing.

ebonheart_2_329
05-11-2005, 09:38 AM
I've noticed that all the aircraft seem to sound very simular when starting up. I have heard both a P-51D and an early P-47 startup and they dont sound, or act, simular to one another at all... for example.

I am wondering if BOB or possibly the 4.0 update could change this any.. make the aircraft more distinctive... I have the recordings of a P-47 engine during startup, and through alot of rpm settings... during testing.

ebonheart_2_329
05-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Also... are any of the "other" aircraft in PF sapposed to be flyable with this next update? Like the Betty or the B5N2... the Betty atleast has pics. of the cockpit and stuff at the PF homepage.. and alot of the other aircraft got extra skins and things, but you cant fly them... whats up?

KG26_Thief
05-12-2005, 11:28 PM
And you're worried about start-up sounds. All the planes sounds are generic anyway and are not historically correct.

ebonheart_2_329
05-13-2005, 02:03 PM
I know the sounds are generic and not historically correct.... duh... I am thinking if they try changing that, the planes would be more enjoyable and unique.

Sence their trying to fix things, they'd might as well try this out... Microsoft did a good job I think... they tried pritty hard on that part though.... I think. ?:-)