PDA

View Full Version : Saitek Froce Feedback, any good?

Aflak
01-09-2005, 07:52 PM
I work at a local Circuit city, but I'm headed back to school in a few days, and I'd like a second joystick. I've used Saiteks exclusively for a while and have really come to enjoy them, very well made, good sticks.

Now I was wandering around and I noticed an open box Saitek force feedback stick on sale, presumably and ex-display model. Kicker is this - 20 dollar price tag. so I'm thinking about it. I've never used FFB before, but I've heard it adds alot. I don't know the specific model of this joystick, so i can't really look up reviews.

So I'm going back there tommorow to pick up the last paycheck before I head back to school, should I grab the joystick?

Aflak
01-09-2005, 07:52 PM
I work at a local Circuit city, but I'm headed back to school in a few days, and I'd like a second joystick. I've used Saiteks exclusively for a while and have really come to enjoy them, very well made, good sticks.

Now I was wandering around and I noticed an open box Saitek force feedback stick on sale, presumably and ex-display model. Kicker is this - 20 dollar price tag. so I'm thinking about it. I've never used FFB before, but I've heard it adds alot. I don't know the specific model of this joystick, so i can't really look up reviews.

So I'm going back there tommorow to pick up the last paycheck before I head back to school, should I grab the joystick?

tsisqua
01-09-2005, 11:43 PM
I have used the same Saitek Cyborg Force for two years. Its as good as it was the day that I brought it home from Circuit Cityhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I can't say that about my Logitech sticks. They never made it a year.

Forces heighten the experience, imho.

Buy It!
Tsisqua

Aflak
01-10-2005, 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tsisqua:
I have used the same Saitek Cyborg Force for two years. Its as good as it was the day that I brought it home from Circuit Cityhttp://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

I can't say that about my Logitech sticks. They never made it a year.

Forces heighten the experience, imho.

Buy It!
Tsisqua <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I had to go back to buy some printer cartridges today anyway, and there it was . . couldn't help myself, it was a cyborg force . . .

kicker was 20 bucks. My discount was still valid and I paid 12 dollars for the joystick. ridiculous. I love it. No box, software, or manual, but the computer recognizes it when I plug it in so I assume it works (I'm at home, my school computer has il2 FB on it, so I haven't tried it out yet.).

Heh, new force feedback stick, and a new copy of PF . . . can't wait to get back to school.

knightgames_01
01-11-2005, 12:06 AM
$12? How can you go wrong? Cool purchase. Enjoy it.