PDA

View Full Version : Limited Codex Edition (PC) - Discontinued?

Teknykk
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Hello,

Recently I went down to EB Games Australia in my region of Hervey Bay, and I was given a message that the Limited Codex Edition for PC had been discontinued and that no copies were to be sent up to my area.

Can someone elaborate on this? I pre-ordered my copy LAST YEAR, and if I have to take people to court to get my copy...I will, because they are trying to downgrade me to a crappy Auditore Edition and according to Australian law...they are breaking it.

A pre-order that long ago is practically a binding contract, there's no exceptions to this.

Can anyone tell me if they've experienced a similar thing, or perhaps a Ubisoft rep can shed some light onto this?

I won't be missing out, I don't care if heads roll...but I want my Limited Codex Edition as was promised to me when I pre-ordered it from day 1...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

Teknykk
03-09-2011, 06:28 PM
Hello,

Recently I went down to EB Games Australia in my region of Hervey Bay, and I was given a message that the Limited Codex Edition for PC had been discontinued and that no copies were to be sent up to my area.

Can someone elaborate on this? I pre-ordered my copy LAST YEAR, and if I have to take people to court to get my copy...I will, because they are trying to downgrade me to a crappy Auditore Edition and according to Australian law...they are breaking it.

A pre-order that long ago is practically a binding contract, there's no exceptions to this.

Can anyone tell me if they've experienced a similar thing, or perhaps a Ubisoft rep can shed some light onto this?

I won't be missing out, I don't care if heads roll...but I want my Limited Codex Edition as was promised to me when I pre-ordered it from day 1...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_confused.gif

ThaWhistle
03-09-2011, 07:18 PM
the codex edition seems to have been oversold in just about every market, it is still being made, but alot of pre-orders are being cancelled.

I don't know anything about Australian law. So I'm trying to look into that, do you have any links to anything relating to pre-order laws in Australia?

Teknykk
03-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Oversold? How can you oversell something when a person has pre-ordered it on the exact day it was announced? If I pre-order something on day 1, I expect to get what I ordered.

I'm not having "my" order cancelled in favour of someone else down in a big city who could've pre-ordered it months or weeks after I did...that's a copout to anyone.

As for links to the laws regarding this, no I'm afraid not. And it'll take forever to find it in the babble they have on their websites.

But I do have the right to bring them to court and force them to provide a copy through claims, which is a claim I cannot lose when I have proof of purchase/pre-order.

I don't mind the fact that it's still being made...and frankly, I don't even mind waiting a little longer...but I want what I pre-ordered, I'm not having someone tell me they've cancelled it without my authority when I've had it waiting for months on pre-order.

AubreyWilborn
03-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Wow, man....tough situation. I'm afraid this all relates back to the nasty business of Ubisoft's delay, and how it was handled. Like you, I pre-ordered ACB for the PC nearly a year ago-when the game was first announced for all three platforms. Then, shortly after the delay was announced, my pre-order from Best Buy was cancelled.

Now, we know from later Ubisoft comments that they hadn't even STARTED working on ACB PC until AFTER ACB was released for the consoles. So, you and I basically pre-ordered a game that didn't even EXIST at the time. So, I can see any pre-order arrangement you made with these folks a year ago, when the PC game hadn't even begun, as being viewed as null and void.

That being said, I dunno how that jives with Australian law, and if you pursue legal action, I hope you are succesfull. Good luck, whichever path you choose.

LCGuardian
03-10-2011, 01:55 AM
Just a heads up. Ignoring any consideration of whether a breach of contract claim has any merit, getting an order for specific performance for a generic item is a very difficult ask.

ThaWhistle
03-10-2011, 12:18 PM
hmm, after digging more, it seems that the codex edition is indeed cancelled for Australia, and is Europe only.

AnthonyA85
03-10-2011, 03:03 PM
It's canceled for Australia? Wow, that just shows how poorly Ubisoft handled the Special editions this time round. I think next time, they should either make a surplus amount, or just not bother.

I just checked my brother's play.com account (he really shouldn't have given me his password http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif), and the Cx Ed on play is still avialable for pre-order (I'm in the uk so...i'm alright I guess)

It's a shame Ubi under-estimated exactly how many people would pre-order the special editions.

I mean, we don't even know how many editions were made, platform wide, going back to 2002 and the Age of Mythology Collector's Edition, they only made 21000 of those, i have No# 15360/21000.

ThaWhistle
03-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Was it ever available for preoder from Ubi outside of europe? part of me is thinking it might have been retailers dropping the ball.

Teknykk
03-12-2011, 10:45 PM
Yes, it was available to both Europe/UK and Australia, as we use the same region code and languages for most of our games. It was advertised as such before it was listed by retailers.

So it's not a case of them dropping the ball.

What they're saying is though, is it is available...but only in limited areas now (they're basically excluding every area except the larger populated places)...which is not only wrong by a typical fairness standing, it also goes against certain laws which EB Games over here can be taken to court for.

Yet, other people say it's not available at all here...so someone is lying, either EB Games or whoever said it's not here at all. So which is it?

On another point, to me it just seems like another case of PC players being kicked in the balls yet again by Ubisoft...plenty of companies out there often "oversell" pre-orders, as they say...but also produce more as a result, is it just another case of "you couldn't be bothered", just like your shady "business reasons" for PoP08's DLC?

Honestly, keep it up...and you'll alienate an entire playerbase that'll last a lot longer than any console will.

Anyway...seeing as I basically have to settle for a second best "butchered" version of the collector's edition, can anyone confirm if we get all the DLC with the PC version?

Including The Da Vinci Disappearance? And does that include The Aqueducts/Aqua Gear, The Trajan Market, The Harlequin and the Officer with the Helmschmied Drachen Armor too?

Evil_Avril
03-14-2011, 07:21 AM
Got a call from Eb Today they said that the codex edition was over sold and they offered me the Auditore Edition at the standard edition price of $79.95. I thought the idea of pre ordering was to guarantee you did not miss out on the special edition. the thing that annoys me is like many I pre ordered. You miss out on the extra stuff like the fancy box and map, but you also miss out on some of the download content as well.

Maurice_Wijma
03-14-2011, 08:45 AM
I have ordered the Black edition of AC2 on PC last year, a day before the pre-order was closed. The store called me in the morning of the release, telling me that they didn't have a copy for me, and that it was because I have ordered it online, without paying a little in advance to secure it.
Luckily there were some people who didn't want it anymore, so I got it after all. But it means for that store that a pre-order was not 100% save when ordering online, only at the store itself with some payment.

I now have the PC Codex edition in order from another store. Payed the full price in advance (beginning of september, last year). I really hope this is a secure order. I'll see when it gets delivered.

Mr_Shade
03-15-2011, 09:21 AM
The only thing I can suggest to people concerned about their orders, is to contact the retailers directly.

Ubisoft have little to do with how retailers advertise or handle their pre-orders - so we can't stop people jumping the queue or over selling.

I will see if there is any info on if indeed it was cancelled - or if the PC version of the Codex was ever intended to be released [as you can see from my title, I'm based in the UK so don't always see release info for different countries.

It would be very disappointing if someone on who pre-ordered on 'day one' lost out to someone who only ordered last week - however that's down to the store to justify.

Supplies of the Codex Edition may well be low, since it is a limited edition, and the manufacturing process is complex - it did sell out in the UK on consoles very quickly at launch and took some time to get back to the stores [it's still available now though] so it's advisable to double check any order with the store.

LeclercTrinity
03-15-2011, 10:43 AM
I ordered mine from play.com and they sent me an email this afternoon informing me that it was on it's way. I did place the pre-order in july of last year maybe it has something to do with that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Your order for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Limited Codex Edition has been posted.

Please note PLAY.COM will show on your statement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

restomaniac
03-15-2011, 10:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeclercTrinity:
I ordered mine from play.com and they sent me an email this afternoon informing me that it was on it's way. I did place the pre-order in july of last year maybe it has something to do with that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Your order for Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Limited Codex Edition has been posted.

Please note PLAY.COM will show on your statement. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I also ordered mine from Play.com and although I havent been sent the email you have I have noticed my order has changed from 'Pre-order' to 'Order placed 15/03/2011'
I did order mine after yours though so that could be the reason.

Teknykk
03-16-2011, 12:37 AM
The main thing I want to know is if we get all the DLC bonuses in the PC version of the game? According to the The Da Vinci Disappearance information page it includes The Aqueducts/Aqua Gear, The Trajan Market, The Harlequin and the Officer with the Helmschmied Drachen Armor, but can a Ubisoft person confirm this for the PC version?

On a side note, nice to see a Ubisoft person reply to this, hopefully we can get some information soon from this end. EB Games doesn't seem to want to budge from their current statement.

To quote an email I got from them...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">"Unfortunately the issue is actually a manufacturing issue with the developer Ubisoft who contacted us and said they will not be able to fulfil the EB Games allocation because of the issues they are currently experiencing. Further to this they have also advised they will be unable to supply us with any Codex Editions in the foreseeable future.

On their advice we instructed our staff to contact all preorder customers as soon as possible to give them the unfortunate news and offer our full apologies on behalf of Ubisoft and also to give customers the choice of either cancelling and refunding their preorders in full or offer the Auditore edition at a discounted rate.

We do apologise for the inconvenience caused in this matter however it is a situation that was completely out of EB Games control." </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frankly, I think they're lying out of their arses, wouldn't be the first time they've done something like this to people, lately they've been messing around a fair few pre-orders apparently, for many games.

Mr_Shade
03-16-2011, 05:39 AM
Hi again,

This may be a long post so please bare with me..

The following applies to Australia ONLY:

I have had word from a colleague working for Ubisoft in Australia...

Seems there may be some confusion going on with the store ?

The Codex edition 'was' available - however much like the console release, numbers were extremely limited, everywhere - due to the complex manufacturing process, that and having to get stock to you may have resulted in some people missing out, due to the number of pre-orders.

According to the number from my contact - the number of people missing out was very small.. so something has gone wrong somewhere..

However EB Games in Australia did have some stock according to Ubisoft - and this 'should' have been allocated to pre-orders, however how EB games did that [first come, or random] is unknown.

According to my contact - they should offer you the Auditore Edition for $20 off.

If you suffered a cancellation - there may be another offer coming directly from Ubisoft - which EB Games are supposed to be handling on Ubisofts behalf - however since it was supposed to be only a few people who suffered that - I will have to double check if that still applies.

According to Ubisoft Australia, there is only a very small number of people affected by the pre-order cancellation at EB Games.

Ubisoft Australia did announce the stock shortage on facebook - I was unaware of any issues, so thanks for bringing it to my attention.

The official statements can be seen here:
http://www.facebook.com/Ubisof...a/posts/309730109990 (http://www.facebook.com/UbisoftAustralia/posts/309730109990)

and they are:

Main statement:
'Ubisoft Australia
Here's some details we've just received about the availability of the ACB Codex Edition on PC.

Due to popular demand, Ubisoft has regrettably had to reduce the number of ACB Codex Editions to be shipped to EB Games in Australia. Ubisoft recommends that any customers who have already pre-ordered the Codex Edition get in contact with their local EB Games store to discuss alternative options available to them.'

and further comments from Ubisoft:
Ubisoft Australia Just to clarify - The Codex Edition is out there, just not enough to fulfill all orders.

As to the extra bonus items such as the Harlequin, officer and bonus maps - I am unaware of the content of the Auditore Edition in your region - so forgive me again, I will have to get back to you about that.

[edit: I will contact you directly - to ask you to forward the email from EB Games to me]

MelodicRock
03-16-2011, 06:51 AM
How about other countries? I ordered my CE from bol.com in the Netherlands more than 7 months ago, and last week I received a reply from them stating that "their supplier was unable to deliver the item" so my order would be cancelled."

What's the deal with that?

Maurice_Wijma
03-16-2011, 06:56 AM
MelodicRock, I have also ordered the Codex Edition fom bol.com, on august the 4th. But I haven't got such an email about the product. Last news they gave me (in januari) was that the release was set on the 24th of this month, but we all know that it will be tomorrow in the Netherlands.

What I would like to know from you is when you ordered it. Maybe you were a bit later then me, or haven't you paid it in advance? If not, I think I have to contact them about my copy.

Mr_Shade
03-16-2011, 07:16 AM
For people having concerns with pre-orders being cancelled - you need to talk to the stores customer services - they may well offer you another item, however that is down to the store.

Maurice_Wijma
03-16-2011, 07:19 AM
I have send an email about this, and am awaiting a reply. If I get an answer in time (before the game might be brought to my door tomorrow) I will post my findings.

MelodicRock
03-16-2011, 07:24 AM
@The_Thorn_MJ I'll look up the exact date of my pre-order when I'm home (am at work right now). And no, I didn't pay in advance... I paid by credit card, which means they withdraw the money when they ship it.

@Mr_Shade: I did contact the store about it, but customer support couldn't provide any details, so they have forwarded my question to the responsible department (they told me the reply could take upto a week, though). And no, I'm not interested in another item. If Ubisoft doesn't want my money for the Codex edition, then they won't get my money, period.

And I don't buy the argument of supply problems. Let's face it... they had several months to create those boxes (I mean, come on, most of it's the same as the XBox/PS3 CE box, the most important difference is the dvd in it, and the paper wrapping around it. And they have known the amount of CE's ordered for several months... if they couldn't deliver that amount, they could have told me 6 months ago!

Maurice_Wijma
03-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Good point. If they were getting produced when the first pre-order began, then there would have been 7 months to get them done.

But it is not for Ubi if they want your money or not. They already have sold them to stores, so they won't mind if there are copies laying in the stores for months. It are the stores who find it important to sell them. (Specifically talking about the CE)

MelodicRock
03-16-2011, 07:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Thorn_MJ:
But it is not for Ubi if they want your money or not. They already have sold them to stores, so they won't mind if there are copies laying in the stores for months. It are the stores who find it important to sell them. (Specifically talking about the CE) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it *is* for Ubi if they deliver less CEs to the store than there were originally agreed upon/sold. Because then both Ubisoft and the store will get less money.

Maurice_Wijma
03-16-2011, 07:54 AM
True

LeclercTrinity
03-16-2011, 09:18 AM
I originally intended to buy the codex edition from bol.com, but when I searched for it I couldn't find it on their site. So I pre-ordered it from play.com

MelodicRock
03-16-2011, 09:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LeclercTrinity:
I originally intended to buy the codex edition from bol.com, but when I searched for it I couldn't find it on their site. So I pre-ordered it from play.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, bol.com took it off pretty soon (I think once their quota was reached). Strange thing is, I see that play.com is *still* offering the CE, and they apparently even have it in stock already. How is it possible that bol.com can't get the pre-ordered copies from the publisher, and play.com even has spare copies?

AnthonyA85
03-16-2011, 10:44 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MelodicRock:
I originally intended to buy the codex edition from bol.com, but when I searched for it I couldn't find it on their site. So I pre-ordered it from play.com </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, bol.com took it off pretty soon (I think once their quota was reached). Strange thing is, I see that play.com is *still* offering the CE, and they apparently even have it in stock already. How is it possible that bol.com can't get the pre-ordered copies from the publisher, and play.com even has spare copies? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is strange, i'm not too familiar with bol.com, i'll have to look them up, but you're right about play.com, the copy of the CE that my brother orded for me in november shipped yesturday apparently. 2 days before the release date, but i probably won't get it until friday at the earliest.

MelodicRock
03-16-2011, 11:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The_Thorn_MJ:
MelodicRock, I have also ordered the Codex Edition fom bol.com, on august the 4th. But I haven't got such an email about the product. Last news they gave me (in januari) was that the release was set on the 24th of this month, but we all know that it will be tomorrow in the Netherlands.

What I would like to know from you is when you ordered it. Maybe you were a bit later then me, or haven't you paid it in advance? If not, I think I have to contact them about my copy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have looked it up, and I ordered my CE from them on June 29... so well before you ordered your copy. Very strange that I received an email that they can't deliver it, and you didn't.

Mr_Shade
03-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Just to a quick post to add:

Different stores - such as Play.com may have bought more of the stock of the Codex than other online stores, or have less pre-orders.

For those of you who have ordered from the same site, but are getting different answers, I'm sorry to say, but you do need to contact that site's support and see why some people have it if they ordered after yourself.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Maurice_Wijma
03-16-2011, 05:42 PM
I've got an answer from bol.com. They will deliver my copy of ACB CE. But an exact date is not given, and they don't show my order as sended. This is not a sign that I don't get it in a day, because my last order from them wasn't even markes as send when I got it in my hands.

When i ordered the Black edition of AC2, I didn't pay in advance. It was not sure if I would get it. The only reason I still got it was because there were a few people who didn't want it anymore.
I was said that when I did pay in advance, I would get the Black edition without a doubt, and that people who didn't pay in advance were set on a list of people who would get it if there were cancellations.
I think the same might go for bol.com, and that might be the reason why I still get it, and others who paid with a creditcard (paying when it is send or recieved) or anything allong this line might got in line behind those who already have paid for it, even if they have ordered it earlier.

Just my 2 cents. I might be wrong.

Edit:
I just got mail which said it was send, though my order status says it still needs to be proccessed. I hope I will get it today.

restomaniac
03-17-2011, 04:08 AM
Well I have just had a blazing row with Game.
My order has been sat on 'Order placed' since Weds.
I finally go hold of them and was told via E-mail that my order has got 'stuck' in their system and the IT bods will get to it in 24-48 hours.
I was straight on the phone and left them in no doubt about 2 things.
1. that the release date is 18-3-11 not 19-3-11 or 21-3-11
2. I use their site all the time and I may have to rethink my method of online buying in the future depending on the outcome.

Victoroos
03-17-2011, 08:53 AM
Yepp, I got something like that 2.
is had tos hip from amazon.de yesterday, but it's still not shipped, not status update, adn no respons from them on my mail.
If i won't egt anything till tonight, i need to buy it on steam, toehrwise I die ;D

UBOSOFT-Gamer
03-17-2011, 10:22 AM
I got a question.

What different PC-Versions exist and what are the difference between them?

THANK YOU!!

Diegomez1972
03-17-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi, got same problem here, I will tell you my experience, I´m from Spain and I pre-order the special codex edition "in situ" at Gamestop on last february 28. All perfect! So, yesterday, march 17, they call me and they said that this version wouldn´t be sold by them, that another company bought from the distributor in Spain all received copies and will sell it via its web.
WTF happens with this game!? This is disloyal competency. Ubisoft must do something about this, cause I have no way to pay via web and I want this f***ing CODEX game.

Thank you and sorry for my baaad english.

Un Saludo a todos.

P.D. The "other" company is Game.es

samgam27
03-20-2011, 12:50 AM
I live in Australia and Pre-ordered the limited codex edition and EB sent it to me and until now i hadn't heard anything about it being discontinued. However, i can confirm that all PC editions of ACB even standard come with all the DLC that was originally exclusive to the Limited Codex Edition (Harlequin, Officer, Trajen Market, Aqueduct Map, Drachen armour etc) as well as Animus updates 1.0 and 2.0 and the davinci dissapearance DLC.

LCGuardian
03-20-2011, 04:16 AM
Some Codex Edition problems here as well. I preordered in New Zealand, and the Codex Edition has apparently been delayed a week. I went with the Auditore Edition instead. Personally, I got it for almost NZ$50 less, and a singleplayer map and some hard copy stuff I'd probably only look at once simply weren't worth the extra cost and delay.

Engioc
03-20-2011, 04:22 AM
I pre-ordered the codex edition too (Adelaide) and was told a week before release that I couldn't have it. As far as people saying it was oversold, well that may be the case but I ordered mine the same day pre-orders were made available so I cant see how I was oversold something on the very first day.

Also, no the standard and Auditore editions did NOT come with the extra content from the codex edition, or at least mine didn't.

Can anyone confirm they have a standard or auditore edition with all the extra content?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MelodicRock:
And I don't buy the argument of supply problems. Let's face it... they had several months to create those boxes (I mean, come on, most of it's the same as the XBox/PS3 CE box, the most important difference is the dvd in it, and the paper wrapping around it. And they have known the amount of CE's ordered for several months... if they couldn't deliver that amount, they could have told me 6 months ago! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree with all of this bar one small thing....I dont believe there is any difference between the DVD in the standard vs Auditore, or Codex because all thats required to activate all the extra content is a code. Enter the code in your game and all the extra content is delivered. With AC2 there was no difference at all apart from your serial number with determines what you get straight out of the box without having to buy it later on once the exclusive is no longer exclusive (and you can bet your *** it wont be exclusive for long as with AC2). I think Ubi and EB are slack and should of known about this issue months ago, not just 1 week or a few days before hand.

OmriP
03-20-2011, 03:13 PM
I don't know about online preorders since I usually go to the game stores in my city and buy the retail version and don't order it from websites, but I can say that here in Israel the Codex Edition is sold at the stores themselves so no one had to preorder online to get it. I got mine by simply visiting the store by accident the same day the game arrived in stock (which was actually on the 14th - a few days before release date, we usually get games earlier). Anyway, I believe retail copies of the Codex Edition are still available here in the stores for 350 ILS which is like 98 US$ (even though the shopkeeper told me that only 30 units of the CE were allocated to entire Israel). So if anyone is really desperate for the CE you can come here and get it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maurice_Wijma
03-20-2011, 05:50 PM
I got my CE on the 17th, just as it should have been. This might mean that some stores really put people in front of the line if they have paid in advance. Not really the true fair way, but I now know how I have to make sure that I get what i want from them.

sixburn
03-21-2011, 10:02 PM
I was about to pre-order the codex last year on gamestop and play.com but my country was not on the lists of the website so I went here on Singapore 2 weeks ago. One of my secondary objectives is to get the Codex Edition of this game. I went to 3-4 chains of gaming stores for pre-orders but they don't accept one. Most of them suggested that I should wait until last weekend and be the first to get the copy. So I went back and all I see was the standard edition for $56. I searched all over Singapore on sunday and yesterday. I asked if they have any other edition, everyone said the same thing. Only one edition for PC was released. Is the codex or any other edition available in Asia? Is it going to be released on the stores? Judging by the posts here, even online pre-orders were not secured. I hope Ubisoft will consider on releasing the codex edition worldwide soon. It's going to disappoint a lot of the fans like me.
Codex Edition Pls!!

MelodicRock
03-29-2011, 08:25 AM
I got my CE on the 17th, just as it should have been. This might mean that some stores really put people in front of the line if they have paid in advance. Not really the true fair way, but I now know how I have to make sure that I get what i want from them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good news for you. However, as of today, I still have no CE from bol.com, and they refuse to answer my question what happened to it (the question has been open in their system for more than 2 weeks now, whereas they normally say questions get answered within a week). I even tried 2 phone calls to their customer service, but they say the issue is being handled by "the responsible department", I should hear something "soon" and they are not allowed to connect me through to the responsible person for a status update. I then asked them to ask that person to send me a status update the same day (no response).

I guess I'll try ebay instead... I just found a reliable power seller there who sells a new and unopened CE box for a really good price (unlike most who claim 130-200 Euros for them). And bol.com will soon receive an official complaint letter by ordinary mail (as I still want my answer...)

So as of now, I definitely can not recommend pre-ordering anything through bol.com, and this has definitely been my last time with them.

Pil0tti
03-29-2011, 11:06 AM
I ordered it from finnish online store, havent seen it. Only got message wich said "We are really sory, but we can't get you your order: ACB Codex edition. But we still have Auditore edition in stock" I don't care about auditore edition wich is as expencive than codex edition. Makes me mad!

<span class="ev_code_RED">Please do not bypass the Language Filter.</span>

OmriP
03-29-2011, 02:37 PM
What's the difference exactly between the Codex edition, Digital Deluxe edition and Auditore edition (never heard of that one before and haven't seen it in stores)? Don't they all have the same content?

Black_Widow9
03-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Please make sure you read all of the information in this Thread posted by Mr_Shade.

MelodicRock
04-05-2011, 04:50 AM
Just thought I'd give you all one final update on the situation at bol.com. I finally received an explanation on what went wrong with my case. Apparently bol.com has a system that automatically cancels all orders that are open for too long (waiting for a delayed article)... "too long" in my case being approx. 8 months. So this is not based on the method of payment used, and it could have happened to anyone who was fast enough with their pre-order.

The people at bol.com said they can't do anything about those automatic cancellations (they can not be stopped), nor can they reopen a cancelled order. In other words: at bol.com, the computer runs the show, the humans have no control over it. Definitely not a company I want to place my trust in.

So this once again confirms that this mess-up was not Ubisoft's fault (even though if they hadn't postponed the PC version for so long, this wouldn't have happened).

Meanwhile I bought my CE on ebay, and am now the fortunate owner of a complete and fully functional CE. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mr_Shade
04-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Glad to see you finally got your hand on the Codex edition..

Shame it took you so long, however enjoy it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Layniel
04-05-2011, 10:47 AM
got mine today from the ubishop! thanks for the help.

and if i might say so (even if i'm late to the party): this is what i call a collector's edition! well done!

...now if only my pc wasn't telling me that bootmgr is missing, and i could boot my windows disc to repair stuff and i could access bios setup, and... *sigh*

FreeBird907
04-05-2011, 06:08 PM
here is your law

Steam http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/48190/ still has them

Useful for:
Retailers to understand where they stand when it comes to returns and refunds, and their customers’ rights. Includes examples of acceptable refund policy and sign wordings.

Consumer law on returns and refunds
As a basic premise, a customer has no automatic legal right to return goods to a retailer and seek a refund.

However, a customer is entitled to a refund on goods purchased under the following circumstances:

-- If the customer was induced into buying the goods by misrepresentation;

-- If the goods have a fault about which they could not have known at the time of purchase. (Customers can’t complain about defects that were pointed out to them at the time of purchase.)

-- If the goods are NOT of merchantable quality – a basic level and quality and performance that would be reasonable to expect – bearing in mind the price and the way the goods were described.

-- If the goods don’t do the job the customer was led to believe they would do.

-- If the goods don’t match the description given when ordered.

-- If the goods don’t match a sample shown when order.

A customer may also claim compensation for any loss or damage caused by faulty goods.

A customer may be offered a repair, an exchange or a credit note rather than a refund BUT it is the customer’s choice.

A customer is not entitled to a refund when:

-- There is nothing wrong with the goods, but they have changed their mind.

-- The goods were bought for someone else who simply doesn’t want them.

-- The customer knows, or should have known, about any fault when they bought the goods (ie. if they were seconds.)

A customer is NOT entitled to a FULL refund:

-- When the damage to goods is caused by the customer’s negligence. The supplier is entitled to deduct an amount from any refund.

-- If the customer has used the goods and obtained commercial benefit from the use, the supplier may be entitled to deduct a fair amount from the refund to make up for that benefit.

Retailers need to be aware of the following:

-- The time limit for a customer to seek a refund is dependent upon what is reasonable in the circumstances of the particular goods or services being purchased. When customers have problems with their purchase(s) they should bring these problems to the attention of the retailer promptly.

-- The goods need NOT be returned in original packaging to obtain a refund.

-- A receipt or proof of purchase should always be requested when a refund, exchange or credit note is requested.

-- A refund should always be given in the manner in which the original purchase was paid for unless otherwise agreed by both the customer and the retailer. For example if they paid with a credit card, the refund should be reimbursed to that credit card.

‘No Refund’ signs
Retailers don’t have to use signs which explain their policy regarding refunds/returns, but if they are to be used, then they must clearly state what customers are entitled to. The signs don’t have to be long and complicated – shorter signs can be used as long as they don’t mislead the customer. Disclaimers printed in small font can be considered as misleading, because customers may not see them.

Signs which explain the refund/return policy of a retailer should be positioned as close as physically possible to the entrance(s) to the store. This way, the customer is unable to enter the store and make their purchase without having been deemed to be in possession of knowledge of the retailer’s refund policy.

There is no point in placing refund policy signs at the Point of Sale – the customer has already made their selection (if not already completed the purchase) and therefore can’t be said to have made the purchase in full knowledge of the retailer’s refund policy.

Signs that impose time limits for returning goods are illegal because they mislead customers about their rights.

Commonly displayed signs that breach the Trade Practices Act are:

‘No refunds’

‘No refunds after 7 days’

‘No refund or exchange’

‘We will exchange or repair or give credit notes but we don’t refund’

A sign which says:

‘Please choose carefully as we don’t give a refund or credit note’ is also illegal as that sign would falsely represent the rights of the customer.

Any sign displaying a refund policy should also state that proof of purchase is required.

Examples of acceptable signs:
If goods are sold by sample (eg. curtains, blinds, tiles or bricks), then the following sign could be used:

‘No refund unless goods are faulty or do not match the sample you were shown.’

If mechanical, electrical or electronic goods are being sold (eg personal computers, stereo systems etc), many customers would rely on the advice of a specialist salesperson. The sign could say:

‘No refund unless the product is faulty or does not do what we said it would.’

Whitegoods are an example of goods sold on the basis of what they can do, ie. an automatically defrosting refrigerator. In this case, you could use a sign saying:

‘No refund unless goods are faulty or do not match description.’

Retailers may want to tell their customers they can’t expect a refund if they change their mind. In this case, the following wording could be used:

‘Please choose carefully. We don’t normally give refunds just because you change your mind’.

The following refund policy has been endorsed by both Consumer Affairs (Vic) and the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission:

‘Our Refund Policy:

Please choose carefully.

We don’t normally give refunds if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.

You can choose between a refund, exchange or credit note where goods are faulty, wrongly described, different from a sample shown to you or don’t do what they are supposed to do.

Please retain your receipt for proof of purchase.’