PDA

View Full Version : What if Desmond...***SPOILERS***

PolynesianRoots
12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Was being accessed like Altair and Ezio was being accessed? At the credits at the end, it says he is going into shock? What if someone after Desmond was accessing his memories? The game said a memory in a memory......hmmmm....

PolynesianRoots
12-08-2010, 12:22 PM
Was being accessed like Altair and Ezio was being accessed? At the credits at the end, it says he is going into shock? What if someone after Desmond was accessing his memories? The game said a memory in a memory......hmmmm....

risummm
12-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Please refrain from posting spoilers in this section. At least make sure that people knows, that this topic will contain spoilers.

Also, this has been suggested many - MANY - times. Plausible, yes. But let's keep our minds open, and see what Ubisoft has in mind for us.

dchil279
12-08-2010, 04:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PolynesianRoots:
Was being accessed like Altair and Ezio was being accessed? At the credits at the end, it says he is going into shock? What if someone after Desmond was accessing his memories? The game said a memory in a memory......hmmmm.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
People have been saying this since the game came out but its complete nonsense

PolynesianRoots
12-08-2010, 07:27 PM
well Jesus Christ, the two people who decide to respond are totally *******s.

Just saying lol. I wanted opinions not some ****ty statements that got me nowhere then when I asked this question.

Avl521
12-08-2010, 07:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PolynesianRoots:

Just saying lol. I wanted opinions not some ****ty statements that got me nowhere then when I asked this question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Although I do not agree with this theory, and as mentioned above many people have said it, I'll try to be polite about my response, after all it's just my opinion.

I don't think we're playing someone in the animus accessing Desmond's memories.
why?
1.Desmond hasn't had much time as main character, but he's been pointed and seen as the main character, and over the course of 3 games he has been slowly developing.
Having him be another "memory" wouldn't have much sense.

2.When they say he's going into shock and to put him back at the animus, lets analyze that.
IF we were in an animus playing Desmond, then why would they put us BACK in the animus... if we saw what happened it would mean we're IN the animus... why put us back again?
On the other hand, Desmond goes into shock after stabbing Lucy, 2 people arrive (which I think are William M. and or Erudito) and say he needs to go back to the animus, this makes sense seeing how they have the animus 2.0 in the van and Desmond collapsed in the middle of the Temple. Also you can hear Desmond's voice saying "No..." at the end.

3.This seems to be a theory born of too many people watching the "Dream within a Dream" of Inception (great movie... best movie I've seen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif)

So that's what I think, I tried to post my points without being a ****** as best as I could. As stated above, I don't agree with this theory.

nukelukespuke34
12-08-2010, 11:45 PM

Just saying lol. I wanted opinions not some ****ty statements that got me nowhere then when I asked this question. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LAWL. The first poster wasn't even being offensive about it. In fact he was being polite. Notice how he said "PLEASE." You're just being butthurt over the fact that poeple have already thought of the theory that you just came up with.

Stop being butthurt.

Redfeather1975
12-08-2010, 11:50 PM
'Iamjacksplasmid' on gamefaqs posted a very cool theory that maybe it is Desmond in the animus reliving his own memories.

The theory was that Abstergo had let Desmond escape and find the POE, then they recaptured him and are using the animus to make him believe his past memories are actually his present.
So that he is doing it again to show them where the POE was taken.

It would also allow Abstergo to know everywhere Desmond went after he escaped. They would know where all the assassin hideouts he went to are. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

RzaRecta357
12-09-2010, 02:21 AM
Terrible theory.

The ONLY reason we would be Desmond in a memory is so that we could have a HUD.

These games will continue to use Ancestors for the main chunk and have invincible Desmond for the modern part. Maybe a death via red screen filling up but no HUD for him.

The whole put him back in the animus will play no part in the next game. It was most likely just to get the player back in the animus to run around doing as they please.

stokesjames7
12-09-2010, 03:59 AM
Oh, so you're saying that ubisoft just toyed with us with the whole "mysterious male voices" thing? You think that it has no bearing on the plot at all? Wow. That's actually impressive. You're actually the most stupid person on the internet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

k0br4
12-09-2010, 04:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The whole put him back in the animus will play no part in the next game. It was most likely just to get the player back in the animus to run around doing as they please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree, I do however think that the voices themselves are plot related, but don't think what they say is. It was fairly obvious that the voices are going to be part of the next story, otherwise you're going to have a MASSIVE plot hole to fill, however, the line, "Put him back in the animus" is obviously just a way to get players back into the game, there literally is nothing more to it in my opinion, this is ofc, just my opinion..

Also on a side not, my old man always used to say, "It's nice to be nice.." There was no need to call him stupid really was there?..

LightRey
12-09-2010, 05:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by k0br4:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The whole put him back in the animus will play no part in the next game. It was most likely just to get the player back in the animus to run around doing as they please. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to agree, I do however think that the voices themselves are plot related, but don't think what they say is. It was fairly obvious that the voices are going to be part of the next story, otherwise you're going to have a MASSIVE plot hole to fill, however, the line, "Put him back in the animus" is obviously just a way to get players back into the game, there literally is nothing more to it in my opinion, this is ofc, just my opinion..

Also on a side not, my old man always used to say, "It's nice to be nice.." There was no need to call him stupid really was there?.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I seem to remember someone confirming what you just said about the voices being story related. I think the post is somewhere in the "Wtf Lucy" thread.
btw, I totally agree with you.

DarkicoN14
12-09-2010, 05:33 AM
if people are calling this a spoiler then they really need to finish the game, its been out for quite a bit