PDA

View Full Version : Suggest Max economical Cruise Throttle / Prop Pitch / Altitude Settings

ytareh
02-13-2010, 12:09 PM
OK have mentioned this here before I think .While the ingame planes are quite happy by and large to bomb around the place all day at 100-107/8 ? throttle in some cases with rads open ,range is decimated (well quartered a recent test i carried out would suggest).So how do I eke out max range for those long bomber missions?Is there anywhere where these settings are listed for planes in game?

ytareh
02-13-2010, 12:09 PM
OK have mentioned this here before I think .While the ingame planes are quite happy by and large to bomb around the place all day at 100-107/8 ? throttle in some cases with rads open ,range is decimated (well quartered a recent test i carried out would suggest).So how do I eke out max range for those long bomber missions?Is there anywhere where these settings are listed for planes in game?

Romanator21
02-13-2010, 02:17 PM
I don't know about the settings for real aircraft. If you manage to find any PoH you will need to read Manifold Pressure and RPMs on your instruments rather than "power" and "prop ptich".

In game when cruising, I am anywhere in the 55-75% power and p-pitch depending on how fast I want to go/how much fuel I want to save. In Bf-109s I always take 100% fuel and set power at 80% for a cruise climb and then low (55-65%) once I've reached altitude. Il-2s also cruise very comfortably at 55% power.

However, a Stuka or Heinkel full of bombs has a very poor climb rate and map sizes are small. Offline or in Coops there isn't an opportunity to circle, so I climb at almost full power, and once at altitude, I lower to 75%.