PDA

View Full Version : Funnies way to play altair

Niwasan
11-18-2007, 05:47 AM
hello..
i just found out how i like to play altair.

you are an assassins and you got: sword, short sword, hidden blade and throwing knifes... so my personal play style for altair is (even in big combats) to fight with the hidden blade, short blade and throwing knifes.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif whats your funniest way to play him?

Niwasan
11-18-2007, 05:47 AM
hello..

you are an assassins and you got: sword, short sword, hidden blade and throwing knifes... so my personal play style for altair is (even in big combats) to fight with the hidden blade, short blade and throwing knifes.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif whats your funniest way to play him?

Deathrail
11-18-2007, 05:53 AM
I played alot with hidden blade, my fav wep. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

xekushnr
11-18-2007, 05:57 AM
I LOVE the short blade. I dont know why, it's just cool as hell. It's just as efficient at blocking as the long sword, it attacks quicker, and the combo kill and counter kills just look sweet (ESPECIALLY the one where you block the strong attack and elbow him in the chest, and if you hit attack he JAMS the blade in the guards head, tries to pull it out but just yanks the body, then pulls again hard to get the blade out). It's awesome to be switching targets attacking everyone, quickly turn in the other direction to throw a knife at someone further away, and then get right into combat.

Ghotten
11-18-2007, 06:12 AM
i use my long sword, and if it gets hit to hell loads of times, i pretend it's broke and switch for the short blade. I love it when you've killed everyone, and one guard runs away, i sprint at him, jump on his back and shove my hidden blade into his neck :P

IHS_Spitfire
11-18-2007, 06:23 AM
Short blade is so cool!

Hidden blade when enemies are off guard

Sword sometimes

I use hidden blade for some countering too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

arbiol
11-18-2007, 06:25 AM
yeah, counters with short blade are amazing (foot stab)... i usually counter with the hidden blade too

ClashForLife
11-18-2007, 06:57 AM
I like using the hidden blade to counter, you get some pretty sick (in both senses of the word.)
You can dodge their attack and then stab them in the back/neck which made everyone else run away http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

Kariko762
11-18-2007, 07:54 AM
i love the short blade but when im going from place to place im on the roof tops using throwing knives...

I love the counter move with the short blade.. "stamp on the foot elbow in the chest and then u swing around and slice his throat u even hear the gargle of blood...

only done this like 3 - 4 times! but its awesome

Photus
11-18-2007, 08:04 AM
You can counter with the hidden blade the same way you do with the short blade or long sword? Because I've tried and I haven't...

Ace426
11-18-2007, 09:16 AM
i love fighting with hidden black counter turn around and jump on the next guy while he is makeing fun of me

Assasinoftheold
11-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Throw people on the ground with free hand then assassinate them! Very easy to complete assassinations in that way - But they are quite easy anyway! lol

Pinjani10
11-18-2007, 10:03 AM
Question for all of you, do you fight holding blocking and only attacking when there's an opening? I play without holding and hold it only when ppl attack. You gain a lot more mobility and you can still counter well if your timing is good

Eagle091
11-18-2007, 10:21 AM
I just hold the block and counter because I love the counter attack animations.

oneznzeroz
11-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Sometimes when I'm facing multiple guards...I'll hold down the right trigger and just as they go to attack me i hit X!

I'd say it works 70% of the time but i remember one time where it didn't work like 4 times in a row despite that I was hitting X. He even waved his sword like he was trying to parry the other guy but it didn't happen. Any tips on this?

EggPlanted
11-19-2007, 06:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by oneznzeroz:
Sometimes when I'm facing multiple guards...I'll hold down the right trigger and just as they go to attack me i hit X!

I'd say it works 70% of the time but i remember one time where it didn't work like 4 times in a row despite that I was hitting X. He even waved his sword like he was trying to parry the other guy but it didn't happen. Any tips on this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is for the PS3 version.

When you're in sword fights with the guards, to counter their sword swings, just press the R1 trigger button right away a few times and you'll sometimes see him either block the guard's swing by the swords clashing or Altair will block and swing the swords away. I guess that's called parrying.

To attack, press the Square button and you'll see him attack by swinging his sword.

By the way, are you playing on PS3 or 360 ?

Unless I'm not ranked up to your level, I've never pressed the counter button (R1) and X to attack.

oneznzeroz
11-19-2007, 06:08 PM
Sorry I'm using the 360.

I think it just may have to do with timing or something. I know I've hit the combo of R trigger and X but sometimes he misses the counter attack. Then I get smacked around by a sword for a bit.

D'oh!

lemonFlashclean
11-19-2007, 06:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Niwasan:
hello..

you are an assassins and you got: sword, short sword, hidden blade and throwing knifes... so my personal play style for altair is (even in big combats) to fight with the hidden blade, short blade and throwing knifes.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif whats your funniest way to play him? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I like to push the gaurds in to crowds of people and watch them run like mad all over the screne then I whipp my big one out and lay the smack down on every1s candy asses, women, gaurds every1. I chuck a wobbely and have to be injected with a calmin agent b4 i do damage to another controler!

Pinjani10
11-19-2007, 06:13 PM
I prefer combo kills vs counter kills because combo allows you to stay offensive and keep mobility

dirtybird21
11-20-2007, 03:50 AM
I use the long sword for HUGE battles (theres some gigantic guard station near acre with about 4 archer towers a bunch of guards and a big this-is-sparta-hole.) And every other time i use the hidden blade 2 counter.. Dunno why, I just feel more "alair" using it... Like they actually have the upper hand and it's more about skill than anything...

Also i use the short sword when i show ppl the game or at some random times.. Because it DOES have the best counters.. The one someone else mentioned w/ cramming the dagger in their head. And the one where he stabs them twice in the chest... so violant :P