PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Insta-Kill Combos and Counters

CDR30
03-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Hey, does anyone know how to counter those grabs in the virtual training? People just grab me and then some other guy attacks me while im being grabbed... whats up with that??

And I don't know how to do an insta-kill on any of your weapons... what do i press? do i tap the attack button or something?

CDR30
03-04-2011, 04:17 AM
Hey, does anyone know how to counter those grabs in the virtual training? People just grab me and then some other guy attacks me while im being grabbed... whats up with that??

And I don't know how to do an insta-kill on any of your weapons... what do i press? do i tap the attack button or something?

notafanboy
03-04-2011, 05:09 AM
counter grabs by pressing B(xbox360) or O(ps3

CDR30
03-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Dude... say if its high profile button +empty hand button...

or just empty-hand button...

or attack button...

empty-hand is the button u press when you're doing gentle push

attack hand is when u attack

Krayus Korianis
03-04-2011, 10:54 AM
R/R1 + B/O... NOT that hard to figure out.

Black_Widow9
03-04-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm going to move this here-
Assassin's Creed Hints & Tips (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/9011039408)

CDR30
03-05-2011, 05:03 AM
haha "Do UPlay?" nice...

anyway, that link u gave me went straight to where the forums are...

I was expecting game play tips and controls or something....

CDR30
05-18-2011, 04:56 AM
can you counter in multiplayer?

cptn_k
05-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Nope, well not counter attack like in SP when fighting.

The only counter is to stun (or humiliate) your hunter, but assassinate/kill takes priority over stun, so it's difficult to pull off without abilities (smoke, charge, etc).

Assassinate is slightly different, in that you have to lock on to a player target to be allocated them as a contract to kill.
Therefore if you lock on them first, you are the hunter trying to kill them, and they can try to stun you, but if someone locks onto you first, you become their contract to kill, and it's up to you to try and stun them.

If you're not familiar with MP, I would suggest trying wanted and/or manhunt to get to understand the game mechanics first, then maybe move on to assassinate, chest capture and the other modes.

Also, the tutuorial in MP can be quite helpful - try out there for the initial basics.

There are also LOTS of threads on the MP forum discussing what tactics and strategies work well, and what abilities counter others.
Have a search and read, I'm sure you'll find plenty of useful info.