PDA

View Full Version : Fix the lock.

Nick1021
11-23-2010, 09:55 PM
The lock on is broken. Everytime I see the lt above someones head I press it and it locks on someone else. And many times it doesn't lock on. And it pretty much always locks on to some random civilian while I press lt when I see it and the I throw the knife and miss.

I'm not going to make ideas to fix it because it's the developers job. And it's not rare. Their is obviously something wrong when ever I try to lock on someone and I KNOW they are my target and it locks on to someone else.

And it's not only me. My friends have said about the lock on also.

Nick1021
11-23-2010, 09:55 PM
The lock on is broken. Everytime I see the lt above someones head I press it and it locks on someone else. And many times it doesn't lock on. And it pretty much always locks on to some random civilian while I press lt when I see it and the I throw the knife and miss.

I'm not going to make ideas to fix it because it's the developers job. And it's not rare. Their is obviously something wrong when ever I try to lock on someone and I KNOW they are my target and it locks on to someone else.

And it's not only me. My friends have said about the lock on also.

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Press and hold the lock button.

Lets you aim more precisely.

It's a little tricky to lock onto the right person at times, but if you use that it usually fixes it.

When it has the lock on "prompt" above a target's head, you still have to have them in the crosshairs to lock on.

Nick1021
11-23-2010, 10:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
Press and hold the lock button.

Lets you aim more precisely.

It's a little tricky to lock onto the right person at times, but if you use that it usually fixes it.

When it has the lock on "prompt" above a target's head, you still have to have them in the crosshairs to lock on. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes but it should just be click and lock on. Because it only apears when they run. And everytime they run I lock on but it locks on too a civilian because they run behind them.

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 10:17 PM
In my experience, the crosshair area's quite large, and when the targeting prompt is in them it always priority locks that person as target.

If it doesn't for you, then yes, there's a problem.

Nick1021
11-23-2010, 10:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by obliviondoll:
In my experience, the crosshair area's quite large, and when the targeting prompt is in them it always priority locks that person as target.

If it doesn't for you, then yes, there's a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't have to aim and lock on them. They are running. They are in my view around the center and I have to catch up to them.

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 10:27 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:
Everytime I see the lt above someones head I press it and it locks on someone else. And many times it doesn't lock on. And it pretty much always locks on to some random civilian while I press lt when I see it and the I throw the knife and miss. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

If it doesn't for you, then yes, there's a problem. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I don't have to aim and lock on them. They are running. They are in my view around the center and I have to catch up to them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm confused.

So you're saying the problem with the lock on isn't with the lock on but with you running?

I think I need another attempt at explaining, because right now I don't know what you mean? These two quotes appear to contradict one another.

ninja_7_7
11-23-2010, 10:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Nick1021:

And it's not only me. My friends have said about the lock on also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
All you do is complain about the game. So far the lock on and the assassins work fine for me. You just arent doing it right.

Nick1021
11-23-2010, 10:31 PM
I'm walking and I know I'm near my target. All of a sudden I see him running and lt(the button for locking on for 360) is above his head. I just click lt and it locks on to him for a second but then I let go and it locks on to a civilian because he runs behind a crowd. I just think the developers should of just made that you just click lt and that's it.

hayoye111
11-23-2010, 10:50 PM
In my opinion the lock isn't broken, but it can be sometimes frustrating to target the right persona.

Darknon
11-24-2010, 04:04 AM
I say remove the lock i feel it subtracts from the game instead of adding to it.

postwick
11-24-2010, 05:55 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja_7_7:

And it's not only me. My friends have said about the lock on also. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
All you do is complain about the game. So far the lock on and the assassins work fine for me. You just arent doing it right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know, this should go in the "what annoys me" thread...

but what annoys me is people who, rather than learn the skills necessary to be good at a game, just want the developers to make it easier. if that's what you want, why play a game? just go watch a movie where you don't have to do anything.

obliviondoll
11-24-2010, 06:22 AM
I'm walking and I know I'm near my target. All of a sudden I see him running and lt(the button for locking on for 360) is above his head. I just click lt and it locks on to him for a second but then I let go and it locks on to a civilian because he runs behind a crowd. I just think the developers should of just made that you just click lt and that's it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not that you've explained better, I can tell you what the problem is.

You're holding the button down too long.

luth411
11-24-2010, 09:11 AM
Yeah I agree with the above poster. The lock system is refreshing and useful in my experience. Most games make it too easy or hard to lock on. I like the lock mechanic in its concept.

When the target has LT above its head, just hit LT and it locks on. If they're running, it's possible that due to latency or human response time that you're hitting it just a second too late and targetting the next available persona. But if you're holding LT down, it won't lock. It's not supposed to, either. Holding LT is when you want to mouse over someone and it's particularly useful when the persona is at a distance. The quick click is when they're the obvious target or when the UI is indicating that this is your target to lock (LT icon above the personas head).

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 01:22 PM
Okay, maybe I'm just doing it wrong. Do I just have to click and not hold to lock on to them when the button appears over their head? Or click and hold? I tried both and both succeseed and fail the same. And if it's click and hold then that's stupid. Because the button appears over their head when only when they run and when they run they usually pass through a crowd quickly making me lock on to someone else.

Nick1021
11-24-2010, 01:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ninja_7_7:

All you do is complain about the game. So far the lock on and the assassins work fine for me. You just arent doing it right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still mad about the codes =D?

CourtJestGaming
11-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm walking and I know I'm near my target. All of a sudden I see him running and lt(the button for locking on for 360) is above his head. I just click lt and it locks on to him for a second but then I let go and it locks on to a civilian because he runs behind a crowd. I just think the developers should of just made that you just click lt and that's it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not that you've explained better, I can tell you what the problem is.

You're holding the button down too long. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This.

When the LT appears over your target's head, simply TAP LT for a second, just enough to have it register in game and let go. Do not push it and hold it for a moment or anything, just a quick tap does the trick and locks right on to the target with the LT above his head.

I've never had any problems doing it, the only thing I notice from time to time is just me getting confused if I already locked it or not in Manhunt when a teammate locks it for me (White Lock) and then when I do it myself (Blue Lock).

Aside from that, it functions as intended.