PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed - The Movie?

OH_DragonBoy
02-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Yes, you read right, and no, this is not a trolling thread.

UBISoft has entered the world of cinema, and plans to release a number of short films based on and inspired by many of their games. The first of which, will be eight minutes long, and based on Assassin's Creed.

Ready Clicky (http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4083)

OH_DragonBoy
02-12-2007, 03:33 PM
Yes, you read right, and no, this is not a trolling thread.

UBISoft has entered the world of cinema, and plans to release a number of short films based on and inspired by many of their games. The first of which, will be eight minutes long, and based on Assassin's Creed.

Ready Clicky (http://www.gametrailers.com/viewnews.php?id=4083)

The_Sphinx
02-12-2007, 03:44 PM
We have discussed the news here:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/7201066135

But it's better to make a thread about it, so I'd say we continue the talk about the 'movie' in here.

quicksilver_502
02-13-2007, 01:44 AM
could be cool. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif ubisofts going in a surprising way. i like it.

DARKmaster702
02-13-2007, 04:47 PM
if they are truely making a movie then i think that they take their time with it and not make it one of those (game made into movie) steriotypes. If they really do it i think it would be pretty bad ***.

chewie1890
02-13-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm curious as to what exactly the story will be. If it might be a video of one of his assassinations, going from finding out who the target is to finding information to killing him. Or if it might be something completely different... I guess only time will tell.

WildDog9
02-13-2007, 07:27 PM
I really hope it's the whole three parts.
Gathering info, the approach, assassination. I'd like to see it in action. (In animation of course)

acsociety
02-15-2007, 04:39 PM
There is a whole history to this game. The Assassins is a secret society who killed many important political and non political figures that were involved in the Third Crusade

acsociety
02-15-2007, 04:40 PM
Also

The Assassins, the secret society in which this game is based on, were a group of paradise seeking men. The members of this clan were initiated and trained for one reason and one reason only to serve the commands of their masters. There are historical acounts, according to a book i have read, of members who stood on cliffs or towers and when their master gave them the signal they threw themselves to their death. The most notorious leader of 'The Assassins was a man by the name of Hasan ( who is mentioned in the developer's diaries on the official website). This leader Hasan, was placed under the tutorship of a man by the name of Imam Muwafiq, who chose to instruct only the most promising students. This Muwafiq man was the tutor of a famous poet and astronomer and a Prime Minister. Anyway, through this mans teachings, Hasan learned techniques of persuasion and manipulation. He used this to gain power and become the leader of 'The Assassins'. When Hasan was the leader he built a fortress which he called the Alamut, which parts of still remain today, and in this fortress created a secret garden consisting of every fruit imaginable. Hasan was said to have drugged members, who were under his power, with hashish and other narcotics and bring them to this garden telling them this is where they would go if they died. It was also said Hasan took a man put him in a pit and filled the pit allowing the mans head to stick out. He then put a hole in a plate cut it in half and put it around the man's head. He also sprinkled a red substance around the man's head. Hasan then drugged members and brand them to this alive man who was forced to lie and say he has died and he has been to the paradise. When Hasan was done with this man he cut his head off because the man was a threat. This events were the reason members became unafraid of death and were so voluntary to commands which required them fall to their death. Also, when an Assassin member killed an important person, or an enemy of the master,( there would obviously be guards around ) they would just surrender to the guards because they were not afraid of death.
When Hasan was the leader, which was during the time this game is set he commanded the members of the assassins to kill important and key people involved in the Third Crusade.
Another interesting fact is that the ninthe and final step of the initiation was summed up with their slogan: Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted ( Also mention in the Official website.).

----------All information acquired from a book i have read-------------------------------------

acsociety
02-15-2007, 04:46 PM
This material which interests me to a great extent is what the movie will probably be about, if even a movie is coming out

WildDog9
02-15-2007, 08:40 PM
Triple post..

zgubilici
02-15-2007, 10:46 PM
acsociety, please stop posting the same information in multiple threads - one thread suffices.

Also, don't multiple post anymore, use the edit button - thanks

http://img273.imageshack.us/img273/545/foreditacwrittenarrow6hf.jpg