PDA

View Full Version : Things I'd like to see most for 3.04

DEY_Scull_AUS
01-01-2005, 04:53 PM
With rumours floating around that FB is coming to the end of its supported life (in terms of patches anyway), I thought I'd list the issues that I would like to see addressed the most, making this great sim even greater.

In no particular order...

1. At the moment, there are two options for external views. I think it would be great to have a third option, whereby external views become enabled when a pilot dies or bails. This way coops can run without externals, and pilots who have finished flying can still watch the action.

2. At the moment, a human getting pk'd in a gunner position also results in the pilot dying. Would be nice if just the gunner died and the pilot position was still available to use. This issue has been brought up before http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=985105924&r=985105924#985105924

3. Plane dots are extremely hard to see from above. I would like to see a return to the plane dots of ver2.01. No doubt there are people who say the current dots are more realistic, and they could be right. I just feel the gameplay was better with 2.01 dots. P47's and Ta152's are having a hard time at high altitude - not much incentive to climb to 7k when you can't see anything below you.

4. There seems to be a bug in the current version resulting in the mission briefing not being updated when running consecutive online coops. This issue has been brought up before too http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=5241097842&r=5241097842#5241097842

5. An option to not empty the markings netcache when closing FB. This is so people using the great utility IL2Mat are not hampered by the long hard drive churning when loading up FB. This issue has also been discussed before - http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=6891082442&r=4891049542#4891049542

I don't know hard these issues are to fix, but I just wanted to mention them anyway.

Salute!

carguy_
01-01-2005, 05:48 PM
Very good points,I agree with all of them.

My first wish is to FIX THE D_A_M_N SOUND!

Other wishes:

-make AI gunners vulnerable in bombers

-make option not to see enemy type planes while ingame briefing

-force moving carriers to give me their position so I have chance to land on anything instead water

-make option to mute comms at will

-make option not to switch to enemy comms

-make option "radio silence" for I16 and other planes without radio

-force players not to use TS or Ventrillo if their planes has no radio

-correct fuel consumption for all planes

This is all I can think of right now.

LStarosta
01-01-2005, 06:23 PM
I would also like it if yet another option for externals was added (independent of the current externals). It would be nice to be able to access static cameras placed around the map without having to enable external views for aircraft. I find this to be especially important when static cameras are used by a mission builder to provide users with a sort of intel as to the current ground situation in a particular mission. This would emulate intel recieved from ground troops before a mission and it would help supplement the mission briefing.

My 2 cents.

RAF238thKnight
01-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Good Post:

1. Detailed clouds for server option and more of them for us high end users.

2. More of the levers and wheels working in the cockpit.

3. A map of the English Channel showing southern England and France to start a warm up for the release of the BoB.

These are my top three.

Knight

F16_Neo
01-01-2005, 06:29 PM
Possibility to hide the planetype info from DF rating view ("s").

BlakJakOfSpades
01-01-2005, 06:34 PM
i believe #5 had already been addressed, and ya bring back the dots!!

Crimea_River
01-01-2005, 08:41 PM
Please please please make the AI gunners more human.

Xses_08
01-01-2005, 09:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Crimea_River:
Please please please make the AI gunners more human. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not sure what you mean by this one..?
If you mean for them to be able to waste the guy that pitches his tent and sits there shooting from the bombers 6 faster then Im all for it. If your taking hits when attacking a heavy bomber, your not attacking it with enough speed or in the right manner. High speed slashing passes are the order of the day.

When im attacking a bomber using these tactics, its lucky if I cop a few rounds into the plane. If I do.. i know i was too slow.

Nothing sh*ts me more than to be doing this and then watch a teammate pull up behind the bomber and start shooting. Either they get killed, ram the bomber or manage to kill it but have a plane so riddled with holes its useless to continue fighting anything else. I want to see these fools wasted faster!

civildog
01-01-2005, 09:28 PM
Ability to switch SECURE radio channels within the game itself, rather than having to use Teamspeak, etc. Channel for flight, team, wingman, along those lines...with no evesdropping by the enemy.

This would also make it so that aircraft without radios can't use comms. It just bugs me that we can buzz around in Type 18 I-16's and have radios. Maybe some random factor could be involved in whether or not later models of Russian planes get a radio or not, too, during a particular mission.

Since the radio would be an integral part of the program then you could include the radio in the damage model!

Other than getting a Pe-2/3, JU-88, Hs-126 (with/without the 75mm) and a flyable Kate, Devestator, and/or Avenger, that's about it for my dream modification.

WOLFMondo
01-02-2005, 02:34 AM
For 3.04 I'd like to see:

The Tempest V, Spitfire XIV, Mosquito, Ju88 and Pe2 flyable!

And the speed fixes to the Dora 9, the new cloud effects, the new maps scheduled

Extreme_One
01-02-2005, 02:58 AM
Yeah number 5 has been addressed! Yipee!

I'm really looking forward to seeing the new cloud effects and I'd really like to see the draw-distances for the new fire and smoke objects doubled.

DEY_Scull_AUS
01-02-2005, 02:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlakJakOfSpades:
i believe #5 had already been addressed, and ya bring back the dots!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really!?! Cool! Any info on how to disable the markings netcache emptying? I can't see anything in the conf.ini that looks related but maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot?

Extreme_One
01-02-2005, 03:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEY_Scull_AUS:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlakJakOfSpades:
i believe #5 had already been addressed, and ya bring back the dots!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Really!?! Cool! Any info on how to disable the markings netcache emptying? I can't see anything in the conf.ini that looks related but maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Add this line to the [game] section of your conf.ini

ClearCache=0

Then all you need to do is deactivate Il2mat - load up MatMangager (you do have version 2.10 right?) make a change to your marking options on the MatManager GUI (ensuring you first ticked the 3.03+ option,) exit MatManager and Voila!

DEY_Scull_AUS
01-02-2005, 03:41 AM
Thanks for the info!! Just added line to my conf.ini file and am in the process of updating il2mat-manager to 2.10.

I am grateful. My hard drive is grateful.

Thanks to oleg and the team for getting behind Aces and his program!

Aces_High_2
01-02-2005, 05:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My hard drive is grateful.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

NOT AS GRATEFUL AS MINE http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hi all,

Thanks for posting the info Simon,

The support in v3.03 has made a huge difference to the instant display of your prefered markings options and the game shutdown to desktop time http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Hope you enjoy V2.10 (and the v2.11 mini patch)

Cheers and Regards

Aces

DEY_Scull_AUS
01-03-2005, 06:42 AM
Yep, IL2Mat-manager working great now, no hard drive churning http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Strike item 5 off the list, or better yet, make item 5 read 'inclusion of Ju88 flyable'!

Extreme_One
01-03-2005, 06:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DEY_Scull_AUS:
Yep, IL2Mat-manager working great now, no hard drive churning http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Strike item 5 off the list, or better yet, make item 5 read 'inclusion of Ju88 flyable'! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good call! We want a flyable Ju88!

TgD Thunderbolt56
01-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Aside from some of the obvious (i.e. Ju88, Pe2, etc,...), I'd have to mirror the sentiments of DEY_Scull_AUS.

I really like flying coops, but there are times when I'd love to stay and watch. in the unfortunate event I don't "make it" I usually go do something completely different for awhile. I'd prefer to watch the action unfold. This goes hand in hand with the [/i]dead gunner live pilot"[/i] thing. If I die in a gunner position, my pilot should still be able to get the bird home or at least still fly it (provided there isn't catastrophic damage).

Other than that I'd like to see the FW forward view improved, P-47 roll-rate increased, dispersion of .50 cal mg's reduced, 109 elevator fade at high speed reduced...

RAF238thKnight
01-03-2005, 08:32 PM
I was thinking hard and forgot my number four and most important: PLS give me a convergnce ability to go lower then 100m just have more success in tight fights with lower setting. Also the ability to pitch my weapons up by .05 degrees so that I dont have to shoot blind in a hurricane or spitfire turn fight.

Knight

rjb1fgc
01-03-2005, 08:56 PM
They (Oleg's team) shouldn't move away from the Eastern Front till there's a flyable Pe-2. After all they've done to give the rest of the world a feel for what air warfare on the Eastern Front was like ( something we in The West never heard much about in history courses ) the authorities should give him access to the one in the Russian Air Museum for the measurements he needs.
Maybe if we started a letter writing campain to the Russian Embasies/Consulates in our countries ...
It would be a little thing for them to do and Lord knows they could use some positive PR given
their recent track record.

rjb1fgc
01-03-2005, 08:59 PM
Of course if we're going to do a letter writing "campaign" we'd have to use our spell-checkers to at least give the impression of being "serious adults".

rjb1fgc
01-03-2005, 09:36 PM
Oops. from the looong Pe-2 cockpit thread in Oleg's Ready Room, it looks like they're almost there.
I should be way old enuf to know better than to open mouth and insert foot. But obviously not.

DEY_Scull_AUS
01-08-2005, 08:53 AM
Not quite ready for this one to fade into obscurity, so one little.....

~BUMP~