PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Prop pitch not responding

FelixRigg
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Hello

I can't seem to manually change prop pitch, even after toggling "Prop Pitch Auto". It is not a joystick problem as even a keyboard command won't work ingame.

My OS is WinXP.

Anyone else had this seemingly elementary problem? If so, is there a solution?

With thanks in advance

Felix Rigg

FelixRigg
03-07-2008, 12:50 PM
Hello

I can't seem to manually change prop pitch, even after toggling "Prop Pitch Auto". It is not a joystick problem as even a keyboard command won't work ingame.

My OS is WinXP.

With thanks in advance

Felix Rigg

willyvic
03-07-2008, 01:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FelixRigg:
Hello

My OS is WinXP.

With thanks in advance

Felix Rigg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What aircraft are you trying to control prop pitch in? Not all aircraft have it. And you need to make sure you have Complex Engine Managment selected.

WV.

JG53Frankyboy
03-07-2008, 01:18 PM
indeed, to tooggle manual/auto proppitch has only an effect in:
Fw190
Ta152
Bf109
Bf110
Do335
Spitfire IX
Spitfire VIII

hope i didnt forget one................

Bearcat99
03-07-2008, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FelixRigg:
Hello

My OS is WinXP.

With thanks in advance

Felix Rigg </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off in my opinion prop pitch works best when applies to a slider... if that is not an option what you need to do is map a key to > prop pitch and < prop pitch as well as prop pitch auto/manual. Only certain planes will utilize manual prop pitch, the ones you mentioned I believe among them. The others ... prop pitch will work in the sense that it will adjust your RPM.. but on most Aerican planes there was a constant speed prop.. so when pitch was adjusted the rpm of the engine waS ACTUALLY ALTERED.

FelixRigg
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
S!

Thanks, chaps. Willyvic: where do I select "complex engine management", please? I can't see a reference to "complex engine management" either in "controls" or in the config file.

Sorry if I am being more than usually dense about this. I really do appreciate the assistance.

Regards

Felix

thefruitbat
03-07-2008, 04:59 PM
its under the difficulty settings

fruitbat

Bearcat99
03-07-2008, 11:57 PM
Hit thew Nugget's Guide in my sig.

Choctaw111
03-08-2008, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JG53Frankyboy:
indeed, to tooggle manual/auto proppitch has only an effect in:
Fw190
Ta152
Bf109
Bf110
Do335
Spitfire IX
Spitfire VIII

hope i didnt forget one................ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Beaufighter, A20 and numerous others