PDA

View Full Version : ACR new health system, armor and customization

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 10:29 AM
During the demo i noticed the new health system and i love it. The idea of if you if get badly hurt you loose the ability to climb and normal medicine wont fix it, so you must find a doctor.
This is a smart move given Ezio's age and i think it should be looked at more for the new installment

we all know that Ubisoft sometimes lets us down with the armor. bracers not matching game covers, Armor of Brutus, using reply to remove the armor we don't want to wear after a certain mission or challenge, etc...

I hope they use the customize system from mulitplay. The option to buy armor and extra's allowing us to make Ezio look the way we want, then remove it if we choose, with no problems

Basically more custom options for Ezio, and I dont think I'm alone wanting that

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 10:29 AM
During the demo i noticed the new health system and i love it. The idea of if you if get badly hurt you loose the ability to climb and normal medicine wont fix it, so you must find a doctor.
This is a smart move given Ezio's age and i think it should be looked at more for the new installment

we all know that Ubisoft sometimes lets us down with the armor. bracers not matching game covers, Armor of Brutus, using reply to remove the armor we don't want to wear after a certain mission or challenge, etc...

I hope they use the customize system from mulitplay. The option to buy armor and extra's allowing us to make Ezio look the way we want, then remove it if we choose, with no problems

Basically more custom options for Ezio, and I dont think I'm alone wanting that

Ioder
08-26-2011, 10:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:
This is a smart move given Ezio's age and i think it should be looked at more for the new installment </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Noticed this as well and it's one of the best things I've seen so far, it's a great idea.

Customization - All I have is one word, Yes.

twenty_glyphs
08-26-2011, 10:41 AM
I seriously doubt that Ezio being wounded so he can't climb is a recurring feature of the game. If it was, it would be extremely annoying. Ezio was wounded like this in Brotherhood after being shot in the Siege of Monterrigioni. He walked just like this and fought Borgia soldiers on his way to the Sanctuary. When he got to Rome, he still had to walk like this and couldn't climb. Your first assignment in that mission was to see a doctor, who healed you, and then you could run and climb like normal.

They've said the gamescom demo was from the first hour or so of the game, which puts it right on par with then this happened in Brotherhood. I'm pretty sure they just prevent you from climbing during this section so the tutorial can show you how to use bombs to get around the guards in the city instead of just climbing over them. This village is likely the first location you come to in the game with a bomb crafting station.

ProletariatPleb
08-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Altho that feature would be AWESOME!!

I think it's only for that part seeing as Ezio fell quite a distance...

AnthonyA85
08-26-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm afraid I have to agree with what these others have said.

Although it would be an excellent feature (and would certainly make the game more realistic, as it would truely reflect the injuries sustained), I think it will only happen once, after that carriage scene.

Though i wish they'd implimented the Low Health = Low Manueverablity back in AC2.

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 11:12 AM
I know what you mean. Too much could be repetitive, even if it only happens when you get shot by a gun would be good enough.

I didn't feel threatened by the gunmen in ACB so adding a bit of fear factor is a realistic and plausible gameplay feature.

not to mention Ezio is getting on a bit and it gives more of a reason to use the bomb, recruits etc

dxsxhxcx
08-26-2011, 11:13 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
I seriously doubt that Ezio being wounded so he can't climb is a recurring feature of the game. If it was, it would be extremely annoying. Ezio was wounded like this in Brotherhood after being shot in the Siege of Monterrigioni. He walked just like this and fought Borgia soldiers on his way to the Sanctuary. When he got to Rome, he still had to walk like this and couldn't climb. Your first assignment in that mission was to see a doctor, who healed you, and then you could run and climb like normal.

They've said the gamescom demo was from the first hour or so of the game, which puts it right on par with then this happened in Brotherhood. I'm pretty sure they just prevent you from climbing during this section so the tutorial can show you how to use bombs to get around the guards in the city instead of just climbing over them. This village is likely the first location you come to in the game with a bomb crafting station. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know what you mean. Too much could be repetitive </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

this could be fixed by making this feature optional and making possible for us to choose the amount of health needed for this effects start to happen and which effects would affect us..

this way we could also make different effects affect us in stages...

example:

we set that at 50% health we wouldn't be able to run at max speed (we would still be able to run but not so fast);

30% health: we wouldn't be able to climb walls (only ladders) and use heavy weapons;

5% health: we wouldn't be able to do counter kills;

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 11:30 AM
In simple terms a difficulty setting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

dxsxhxcx
08-26-2011, 11:33 AM
In simple terms a difficulty setting http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah.. I really hope they'll implement this someday, but what I suggested above would be optional independent of the difficulty we choose...

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
I do too.
i love how they add new gadget, weapons, combat and navigation features with each game, not complaints there

but i think we need a bit more to counter balance it all. e.i This heal/damage system

naran6142
08-26-2011, 11:58 AM
i agree that there really should be more consequences for taking damage but loss of ability might just get annoying. like imagine your finger slips on the controls and then you lose the ability to free run

adding it as an optional setting like suggested above i think is a good idea, to provide that extra challenge that a lot of players want

AnthonyA85
08-26-2011, 01:01 PM
To be honest, the worst mistake they made was introducing medicine.

The health system in AC1 worked perfectly. It regenerated on it's own as long as you weren't in a fight, so you had to actually be careful how you approached guards, you couldn't just walk up to a ground of 10 guards and slaughter them Jason Vorhese style, because you didn't have 20 vials of medicine to restore your health.

But since I know they're got gonna bring back the AC1 health system (except for the Altair segments), I guess the only way to fix that would be to make armour break more frequently.

Calvarok
08-26-2011, 01:08 PM
That's a mission specific thing. It would happen to ANYONE if they got knocked off a ravine. Doesn't matter how old you are.

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 01:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Calvarok:
That's a mission specific thing. It would happen to ANYONE if they got knocked off a ravine. Doesn't matter how old you are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol we know that.
Its about the possibility of taking that "mission specific thing" and expanding on it.

crash3
08-26-2011, 01:28 PM
I liked how ezio's injuries affected his abilities and i actually do want that to be a recurring feature to make the game more realistic and it will make it more challenging and challenge is something the game seriously needs

Although ezio couldnt climb for most of the demo i was amazed he was still able to infiltrate masyaf and successfully massacre another load of guards, i honestly thought the trailer in masyaf reflected what would happen where ezio narrowly escapes an overwhelming army of templars but in the game as always he destroys anyone in his path even when hes injured

Calvarok
08-26-2011, 01:35 PM
He probably doesn't have very many health bars. getting swarmed would probably be difficult to fight off without getting hit enough to kill you.

And honestly, I don't want them to keep re-using the injured thing. It's good for teaching players the basics, but please not for anything else.

And crash3, he didn't infiltrate Masyaf, but another village near it.

The demo takes place AFTER the part that the trailer represents, when he's escaped from being hung, and is chasing after Leandros. Masyaf has way more guards at it than that village, the village is a hasty set-up by Leandros, with a single guard post. The templars as a whole are concentrating on sealing Masyaf.

And being injured shouldn't affect his ability to redirect the blades of a few noobish guards in combat.

I think that rolling out the "you are injured" thing more than once is stupid, because of instead of adding more difficulty to the normal experience, you're TAKING AWAY features of the game and calling it difficult.

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Haha there is no need to be arrogant mate. Wow he got the locations wrong, big deal.

and there is NO NEED to EMPHASISE every KEY word

Calvarok
08-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Haha there is no need to be arrogant mate. Wow he got the locations wrong, big deal.

and there is NO NEED to EMPHASISE every KEY word </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It's important, because if the gamescom demo was a representation of how the trailer will play out in the game, it's entirely different. And it makes less sense if Ezio infiltrated the whole of Masyaf. I'm not correcting him to be arrogant, I'm correcting him because in doing so I'm showing him that the demo actually makes sense. He's not going to be angry about that. He's going to be happy that the game's story and mechanics are more solid than he thought.

waynedavies89
08-26-2011, 03:00 PM
The actual correction wasn't arrogant, i would to the same thing, but the tone felt like it was, that where the emphasisation comes in.

To you it might sound ok, but to others it doing THIS may not

Simply advice nothing more mate http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif