PDA

View Full Version : Do you think AC3 will be the final AC?

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Based on how the story is setup do you think that the next game would also be the last one, at least for this story arc or that we can perhaps expect at least 2 more games? Lets avoid the "I hope there are ten more AC!!!111!!" responses.

A 3 chapter scheme seems to be the norm for most games, though you have exceptions like The Elder Scrolls, the countless Star Wars games and Prince of Persia to name a few.

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Based on how the story is setup do you think that the next game would also be the last one, at least for this story arc or that we can perhaps expect at least 2 more games? Lets avoid the "I hope there are ten more AC!!!111!!" responses.

A 3 chapter scheme seems to be the norm for most games, though you have exceptions like The Elder Scrolls, the countless Star Wars games and Prince of Persia to name a few.

An_Idea
11-30-2009, 08:59 AM
well im sure it will be the final installment of desmonds ac story on consoles, but im sure there will also be spin-offs like on the handhelds, because a franchise stays alive as long as it makes money

oh and btw assassins creed was designed to be a trilogy, and so far in interviews they seem to be sticking to that idea

idrenegade
11-30-2009, 09:00 AM
They said they originally planned it to be a trilogy, but when it comes down to the end of the day, figures it what matters. And AC is a gold mine. Maybe Desmond's story will end in AC3, but I can't see how they would stop making these games. There is too much history out there and too many places and people needing assassinated. I would love this series to continue until they run it in the ground. LOL.

mojsarn
11-30-2009, 09:10 AM
exactly, feels like its more to it than just one more game, i mean *SPOILER* i have a hard time beliving that desmond prevents the sun from destroying the earth in the end of AC3*SPOILER END*

it would feel like the ending is rushed, but we dont know anything about AC3 so its hard to say

An_Idea
11-30-2009, 09:13 AM
well im sure that they will conclude desmonds current story in the third ac, but they will not kill the franchise for a long while. and im sure sooner or later they will reinvent it, just like call of duty did with modern warfare

Atkamon
11-30-2009, 10:13 AM
I, for one really like how they resuscitated the Prince of Persia series. There was a great trilogy, which was nicely concluded, and then they made a whole new Prince of Persia with a different hero, a different story etc. They could somehow make this with AC too. Well not in a totally different world, but with for example other Subjects before, or after Desmond.

Grandmaster_Z
11-30-2009, 04:09 PM
its a franchise...like star wars, zelda, mario bros, final fantasy, metal gear, etc...will keep on going until the end of the world..

wwfls1
11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by idrenegade:
They said they originally planned it to be a trilogy, but when it comes down to the end of the day, figures it what matters. And AC is a gold mine. Maybe Desmond's story will end in AC3, but I can't see how they would stop making these games. There is too much history out there and too many places and people needing assassinated. I would love this series to continue until they run it in the ground. LOL. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you just said they planned that they wanted to make the game a trilogy. Trilogy means 3parts so 100% its gana be 3parts only

RebeckyRawr
11-30-2009, 04:15 PM
I think if they try to drag the story on for too long it will become boring and just not as fun as it used to before, if there was about 6. I think 3 is a good number i think the end of AC2 pretty much set up the next game as the end. But i could be wrong.

Dragonfire126
11-30-2009, 04:55 PM
It's fun to play the game and it has an awesome storyline, but I think AC3 will end with Desmond dying and they will then make rip-offs with other protagonists.

*****SPOILERS*****
*****SPOILERS*****
*****SPOILERS*****
*****SPOILERS*****

EDIT: How I think Desmond will die:
He will be captured by Abstergo on the way to the "Cabin". He will be forced into a new animus with constrains, will get some extreme hallucinations and with a plot twist break free, kill everyone in Abstergo and because of the "headaches" himself.

OR

They reach the Cabin. Get into the Animus to find more Vaults, when Desmond gets the information they get captured &gt; first theory.

Anyways, he will die because it's a triology. And if they decide to keep him alive, he is one tough guy, because there are signs that some powerful forces will play a big role in the world of Desmond, as in gods.

Vozlov-3-0
11-30-2009, 05:56 PM
It was originally supposed to be a trilogy true, but I remember reading somewhere that they won't necesserily stick to that, as they didn't realise how popular it would become.

I simply can't see them fitting everything into AC3, and I hope they take it into AC4 for the storyarc. I also hope that one of these, which ever it finishes with, gets some serious DLC that isn't necesserily linked to the main storyline but basically gives us a ton of diverse time periods to go to.

Like a DLC in Victorian age London for 1200 MSP
Then bring out a pirate Carribean one for another 1200 MSP.

and basically just keep going like that, experimenting with different gameplay mechanics etc, whilst giving us the choice of the time periods we want to. Although I assume everyone on this forum would buy them all :P

How I think Desmond will die: Sacrificing himself to get the temples working. I imagine the temples create some form of shield around the earth. Maybe...

m3rcer
11-30-2009, 05:59 PM
I look at it this way:

Castlevania has survived and thrived for a very long time with the story basis of one family lineage vs one enemy. Assassin's Creed should therefor have no trouble doing the same. Especially considering that it's storyline draws loosely, if not directly from history itself.

Orao94
11-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Nah, there's no way ubisoft would kill the series on the third game, way too much going on.

AcNe92
11-30-2009, 10:48 PM
It has already been said by most of you guys, but its a Trilogy. And its also been said that, even though its a Trilogy, that only means the story of Desmond, our protagonist, will end. That could mean a multitude of things, but in certain it will end.

Now, I think if they were to create another AC, it would be something of an epilouge, Something before Desmond. Maybe why Desmond was singled out to be the one to capture and used for the Animus.

I feel like this Series will be like the GTA IV series where there will be so many expansion packs and handheld games for one game that at some point it would possibly become annoying, depending on how interesting the games are.

But, Yes, The story of Desmond will end in AC 3. I know it seems unlikely to you, but I think it can happen. Based on my views of what the third game will be like. Modern World, Searching for the Temples, Executing Templars that have been comprimised, and saving the world.

IplayonPS3
11-30-2009, 10:49 PM
I would expect Desmond's story to end in AC3, unless another ancestor occupies too much of the game without letting Desmond whip out a machine gun and wrist blade to own face. :P

An_Idea
11-30-2009, 10:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
its a franchise...like star wars, zelda, mario bros, final fantasy, metal gear, etc...will keep on going until the end of the world.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

or until it stops making them money

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 10:52 PM
I can see them doing what Bungie has done with Halo 3: ODST. Technically its an expansion to Halo 3, even though its pretty much its own game. IE We'll see something like Assassins Creed 3: The Subject 16 files.

An_Idea
11-30-2009, 10:53 PM
about bungie, apparently halo reach will be one of the last halo games they make

back on topic, it really does seem like one more game is to little to wrap up everything about subject 16 and what you hear at the end and abstergo chasing you down. i hope ubisoft doesnt rush montreal on the third installment, i want it to be absolutely perfect in every way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 11:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
about bungie, apparently halo reach will be one of the last halo games they make

back on topic, it really does seem like one more game is to little to wrap up everything about subject 16 and what you hear at the end and abstergo chasing you down. i hope ubisoft doesnt rush montreal on the third installment, i want it to be absolutely perfect in every way http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Halo is too much of a cash cow for Bungie to give up. It may not be their main project anymore but I highly doubt they will lay it to rest after Reach.

Another possibility though is that AC3 will be an epicly huge game to cover all the material, ie at the very least it spanning two disks. Though then again Ubisoft would make more money splitting it into two seperate games.

An_Idea
11-30-2009, 11:05 PM
im just sayin what i read (regarding bungie) i mean look at halo wars, it turned out just fine and bungie didnt have much to do with it

nuuu i hope they dont split ac, then i wont know which one to buy first

Neo_Age
11-30-2009, 11:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by An_Idea:
im just sayin what i read (regarding bungie) i mean look at halo wars, it turned out just fine and bungie didnt have much to do with it

nuuu i hope they dont split ac, then i wont know which one to buy first </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but Halo Wars was in development before Bungie broke away from Microsoft studios if I recall. I cant imagine AC being done by anyone other than Ubisoft.

Silhouelle
11-30-2009, 11:14 PM
I think AC3 will be the end of Desmond's story arc, or at least AC4 will be when it focuses on him much much more than prior games. After that I imagine, and hope, Ubi simply continue making the games without Desmond being in them. Whether ditching the animus altogether and simply having historic stories, or having different modern day characters with their own set of ancestors.

baronballocks
12-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Someone mentioned a prologue to the series like why Desmond was chosen i think that is a possibility maybe a subject 16 AC????

unless of course they explain him more in AC3

Black_Widow9
12-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Please post here-
Assassin's Creed 3 and beyond (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/8251094497/p/1)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>