PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Keeping it a trilogy

UchihaKarasu
07-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I know lately there has been talk about making AC more than a trilogy. While honestly, I would love to have more games, I think there should still only me three of them.
Why?
Because, well, the only periods after the Renaissance that I can actually see fitting in with the story line are possibly the French Revolution and 19th (18th?) century London (Jack the Ripper anyone? lol)But even that is pushing it because after the Renaissance, newer technology comes into play and then it almost like we begin to lose the feel of the AC series.
Sure we could go back but I don't see the point in that really either.

Besides if you have only a trilogy, the third game could come out in the year 2012 and kind of fit in with the story. If you go over then you won't be playing a futuristic game anymore.

Patrice said there would be a game dedicated to Desmond. I think that should be the third game and maybe even add some animus moments in there, I don't know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But I think AC should remain trilogy, as much as I would want more games to come out.

What do you guys think?

UchihaKarasu
07-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I know lately there has been talk about making AC more than a trilogy. While honestly, I would love to have more games, I think there should still only me three of them.
Why?
Because, well, the only periods after the Renaissance that I can actually see fitting in with the story line are possibly the French Revolution and 19th (18th?) century London (Jack the Ripper anyone? lol)But even that is pushing it because after the Renaissance, newer technology comes into play and then it almost like we begin to lose the feel of the AC series.
Sure we could go back but I don't see the point in that really either.

Besides if you have only a trilogy, the third game could come out in the year 2012 and kind of fit in with the story. If you go over then you won't be playing a futuristic game anymore.

Patrice said there would be a game dedicated to Desmond. I think that should be the third game and maybe even add some animus moments in there, I don't know http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

But I think AC should remain trilogy, as much as I would want more games to come out.

What do you guys think?

etseiotheasasen
07-17-2009, 12:44 PM
no lol cas paticke deselects sed tht thy will b goin bk an forth, in tyme. so like thy might go 2 b4 1191 alteir

Grandmaster_Z
07-17-2009, 12:54 PM
this is a new successful franchise, its not going to stop at just 3 games...unless ubisoft decide they don't want to make money anymore..

EmperorxZurg
07-17-2009, 12:54 PM
I remember patrice saying there WOULDN'T be a game for desmond because then it would be called Desmond's creed, so i'm not that sure about a game just for desmond

Backadd
07-17-2009, 02:56 PM
he said that you don't buy assassins creed to play as Desmond, you buy the game to play as the assassin and if Desmond where the main character he would be the "assassin" so it would be assassins creed :P (srry if i explained strange)

Danvish
07-17-2009, 02:58 PM
I'm not sure you're right there Uchiha... about the part of "what's the point to go back". It all depends on what story they develop. There are enough periods in history I think that is suitable for making an AC (personally, I thought about the American Independince War) and any time during the Middle Ages of the 13th-14th century will be quite suitable too.

KZarr
07-17-2009, 03:34 PM
This story will probably stay a trilogy but new trilogy's will come. They did the same thing with the Sands of Time trilogy.

whitewolf111
07-17-2009, 03:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KZarr:
This story will probably stay a trilogy but new trilogy's will come. They did the same thing with the Sands of Time trilogy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, that's about what I think. There probably have spin offs like Bloodlines and Altair's Chronicles.

Danvish
07-17-2009, 03:48 PM
I think it depends mostly on the selling of ACII and if people will still be hungry for much more after it..

Ureh
07-17-2009, 04:59 PM
If they go all the way up to 15th century England, they could replace Guy Fawkes with a assassin who's trying to blow up Parliment and the Tower of London.

Danvish
07-18-2009, 12:28 AM
And Jack the Ripper's story sounds also great to me! Like, he was also part of the bloodline, and the killings he did was actually of templars, and history got it all wrong!

Sypron
07-18-2009, 09:19 AM
To me, Assassin's Creed has always been about the story. I could care less about gameplay.

I think the only logical place for the franchise to go is into the future. By the end of ACII, I'll be thinking enough screwing about in the past, let me save the world. I want to know about the present, not the past.
I wouldn't mind either, if guns were implemented and swordplay was chucked out. It would be a radical change from the formula for ACI and ACII, but I wouldn't mind, because I know Ubi will make a good story and the gameplay will follow that.

I think people are getting too hung up on the title of the franchise and it's relation towards the content. People say "If it's not about the Assassin's Creed then it's not an Assassin's Creed game, so we can't play as Desmond". But really, what did AC1 have to do with a creed? It feels like it was tacked on as a reason for Altair to be demoted and have to earn his weapons back. I don't really care if ACII is more about Ezio's revenge, and I wouldn't care if ACIII was about Desmond's Escape. I'd still play it.

Danvish
07-18-2009, 10:28 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sypron:
To me, Assassin's Creed has always been about the story. I could care less about gameplay.

I think the only logical place for the franchise to go is into the future. By the end of ACII, I'll be thinking enough screwing about in the past, let me save the world. I want to know about the present, not the past.
I wouldn't mind either, if guns were implemented and swordplay was chucked out. It would be a radical change from the formula for ACI and ACII, but I wouldn't mind, because I know Ubi will make a good story and the gameplay will follow that.

I think people are getting too hung up on the title of the franchise and it's relation towards the content. People say "If it's not about the Assassin's Creed then it's not an Assassin's Creed game, so we can't play as Desmond". But really, what did AC1 have to do with a creed? It feels like it was tacked on as a reason for Altair to be demoted and have to earn his weapons back. I don't really care if ACII is more about Ezio's revenge, and I wouldn't care if ACIII was about Desmond's Escape. I'd still play it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What you're talking about sounds like Far Cry 3 more than Assassin's Creed 3.

UchihaKarasu
07-18-2009, 10:48 AM
Well, either way, I still think AC should remain a trilogy, even if the third game has genetic memory.
I don't see the fun in playing as a character in the future when 2012 has come and gone.
Plus, it still think it would be cool to release the last game the year it takes place.

sturdygurdy
07-18-2009, 10:59 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ureh:
If they go all the way up to 15th century England, they could replace Guy Fawkes with a assassin who's trying to blow up Parliment and the Tower of London. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ahem, early 17th century actually, but you're quite right, it would make a great setting for a game - that or the English Civil War. There are lots of interesting periods and locations that get ignored by video game developers; it's nice that this franchise is broadening the horizons a bit.

LaurenIsSoMosh
07-18-2009, 11:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by UchihaKarasu:
Because, well, the only periods after the Renaissance that I can actually see fitting in with the story line are possibly the French Revolution and 19th (18th?) century London (Jack the Ripper anyone? lol)But even that is pushing it because after the Renaissance, newer technology comes into play and then it almost like we begin to lose the feel of the AC series. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Keep in mind, just because AC II moves forward in time from AC I does not mean that AC III also has to be a forward point in history. It could very easily be a revisit of Altair's memories or Ezio's, or even both of them. It could be an ancestor in between Altair and Ezio, or it could be before Altair if they wanted. Or it could be after.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">If you go over then you won't be playing a futuristic game anymore. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>For the same reason you can't have any WWII games after WWII is over. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

No, it wouldn't be futuristic anymore, but it would still be a good story. Personally I wouldn't care if I was sitting in 2013 playing a game about 2012. As long as the story is good.<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">But I think AC should remain trilogy, as much as I would want more games to come out.

What do you guys think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Halo doesn't always have to be told through the eyes of Master Chief.

Granted, Halo 1, Halo 2, and Halo 3 are the main trilogy, but there are also spin-offs, telling the stories of other people, such as Halo Wars, the upcoming Halo: ODST, and the announced Halo: Reach.

Really, I see the point you're trying to make, that Assassin's Creed shouldn't become stale, but it has such potential.

The main story should be left as a trilogy. It should end at number three if the developers choose to end it there.

But Desmond wasn't the only subject. There are sixteen before him, and probably a good few after him. This opens the door to lots of side-story potential.

There were other assassin cultures in the world. Maybe there's a subject who can trace his or her ancestry to ninja origin, and we can relive Animus memories of a ninja? I know it's kind of a popular example, but I think it could work.

And maybe not all of the subjects are Animus experiments. Maybe there are other experiments going on. Maybe there's a subject who doesn't even know he or she is a subject; a modern-day assassin who's being closely monitored by Abstergo.

Not to go overboard with this or anything, but Ubisoft has a unique setting here, one that's never really been done before. Three is a suitable number for any story, but it's also a somewhat limiting number for such a potential idea.

Danvish
07-18-2009, 11:12 AM
I think it will also be cool if one of the games (after ACIII is done) you get to play a templar, and see their side.

Xanatos2007
07-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Like I mentioned in a now closed thread, Egypt sounds like a good place for ACIII. It seems like the place the Pieces of Eden would come from, especially with bible references. "This 'piece of silver' cast out Adam and Eve, turned staves into snakes, parted and closed the Red Sea..." Adam & Eve could've handed it down to other generations, eventually just becoming a forgotten heirloom by the time it got into Jacob's hands. After moving to Egypt and enduring 400 years of oppression, Moses discovers it's power and uses it to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Or he steals it from pharaoh's treasure chamber... whatever, it seems to fit.

Danvish
07-18-2009, 01:29 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Like I mentioned in a now closed thread, Egypt sounds like a good place for ACIII. It seems like the place the Pieces of Eden would come from, especially with bible references. "This 'piece of silver' cast out Adam and Eve, turned staves into snakes, parted and closed the Red Sea..." Adam & Eve could've handed it down to other generations, eventually just becoming a forgotten heirloom by the time it got into Jacob's hands. After moving to Egypt and enduring 400 years of oppression, Moses discovers it's power and uses it to lead the Israelites out of Egypt. Or he steals it from pharaoh's treasure chamber... whatever, it seems to fit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sure, and we'll play Indiana Jones in ACIII http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif (He's also part the bloodlines)

Xanatos2007
07-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Indianaltair Eziones.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
07-19-2009, 03:23 AM
keep it a triology