PDA

View Full Version : trim settting in muilti player

Ritter_Cuda
03-02-2005, 03:40 PM
ok you jump from hyper lobbie to the game . you take off ajust your trim to where it is just right and your shot down. after you hit the re-fly are the trim in the same spot as before or do you need to trim all over again? also are the setting kept after you quit for the next time?
thanks Cuda

Latico
03-02-2005, 04:22 PM
I almost always fly the dive bombers on the ZvW server and everytime I respawn I have to trim my plane out after take off. But at least I'm able to use the same number of clicks for trimming. And I usually have to retrim after I make my bomb runs.

So in anwer to your question, there doesn't seem to be any "save" of your trim settings.

Ritter_Cuda
03-02-2005, 04:24 PM
ok thanks
Cuda

ElAurens
03-02-2005, 04:35 PM
I concur. the D3A behaves exactly the same way.

Waldo.Pepper
03-03-2005, 04:46 PM
My experience is slightly different. Using an X45 I have elevator trim set to use the smaller rotary on the throttle. If I die/restart etc... and do not move the rotary it will over a little bit of time (a few seconds) get the elevator re trimed to where I left it.

JunkoIfurita
03-04-2005, 12:27 AM
I'm not sure whether it saves trim settings or not, but trim is a dynamic thing anyway (particularly elavator trim)

When you are flying at a certain speed, and trim the aircraft level, that means you will fly level indefinitely *As long as you don't change your speed*. As soon as your speed increases, so does the lift acting on your aircraft, so you'd have to trim down the elevators further to compensate. Vica versa when your speed decreases.

----

Longjocks
03-04-2005, 03:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
My experience is slightly different. Using an X45 I have elevator trim set to use the smaller rotary on the throttle. If I die/restart etc... and do not move the rotary it will over a little bit of time (a few seconds) get the elevator re trimed to where I left it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
The thing that I get annoyed at is that I spend most of my IL-2 time in the QMB, so I start in the air. I sometimes wonder why my nose still dips after my plane gains enough speed where I can normally stay level without the stick. Then in a Homer-esque fashion I give a 'DOH' and remember that I didn't re-centre my trim dial. I still do it despite the amount of time I've had my X45.