PDA

View Full Version : youtube walkthroughs

freddie_1897
11-13-2011, 10:42 AM
i was looking at youtube and someone has posted lets plays of ACR. I obviously didnt click on due to spoilers. but i thought you werent allowed to post youtube videos of ACR before the 15th?
This isnt that big a deal, but i want to know if the rules have changed.

freddie_1897
11-13-2011, 10:42 AM
i was looking at youtube and someone has posted lets plays of ACR. I obviously didnt click on due to spoilers. but i thought you werent allowed to post youtube videos of ACR before the 15th?
This isnt that big a deal, but i want to know if the rules have changed.

Ezio292012
11-13-2011, 11:21 AM
does vid can be deleted by ubisoft you cant post vid from acr on youtube yet, one tried to do it and he got his vid removed

Newfiebullet03
11-13-2011, 01:42 PM
there's more then one..there are a bunch,so this isn't really breaking news. No one really cares though because most of them got the game legally and it comes out in such a short time. A majority of the people posting the videos obviously cant play the game though, there pretty painful to watch.

HD RoLoS v
11-13-2011, 02:21 PM
The Media Cows are allowed i think because they have started ACR and SR3

Sarari
11-13-2011, 02:38 PM
I was so tempted to click on all the videos, and sadly, I clicked on one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I feel so ashamed.

souNdwAve89
11-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of these videos on YouTube. Not just ACR, but other games too. Some people got the game early because some stores break the street date. I saw maybe about 30 minutes of the game by skimming and it's nothing too big. I am disappointed in the intro of the game though.

pacmanate
11-13-2011, 02:49 PM
look for zwoooooosh videos. His are all spoiler free and basically show off free running and interfaces etc

LightRey
11-13-2011, 03:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
I was so tempted to click on all the videos, and sadly, I clicked on one http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

I feel so ashamed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Son, I am disappoint. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

kriegerdesgottes
11-13-2011, 03:49 PM
I gave in and watched most of them. I can even officially say I've seen all of Embers and a lot of Revelations but I could not get myself to watch the Ending one. I have seen the 1st hour of the game but even I can't watch the ending until I get the game.

johnnyhayek
11-13-2011, 03:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Yeah, there are a lot of these videos on YouTube. Not just ACR, but other games too. Some people got the game early because some stores break the street date. I saw maybe about 30 minutes of the game by skimming and it's nothing too big. I am disappointed in the intro of the game though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was thinking the same thing about the intro. I was expecting more compared to the other AC intros which were amazing. Also, Embers is up on youtube. I am ashamed I skipped to the last 2 minutes of it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif But I won't watch anymore until I buy and finish ACR.

AnthonyA85
11-13-2011, 03:59 PM
GamingCrux seems to be the one uploading the most at the moment, i know Themediacows have started, so have WeReviewMedia2, but personally, I'm waiting for the comentaried walkthroughs from Tobuscus and leitakashi, who will probably start uploading their's on the 15th or 16th,

I was orignally planning to wait for their walkthroughs, but....I caved and ended up watching some of GamingCrux's vids.

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 04:05 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
Yeah, there are a lot of these videos on YouTube. Not just ACR, but other games too. Some people got the game early because some stores break the street date. I saw maybe about 30 minutes of the game by skimming and it's nothing too big. I am disappointed in the intro of the game though. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I thought the intro of the game was pretty awesome.

souNdwAve89
11-13-2011, 04:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AnthonyA85:
GamingCrux seems to be the one uploading the most at the moment, i know Themediacows have started, so have WeReviewMedia2, but personally, I'm waiting for the comentaried walkthroughs from Tobuscus and leitakashi, who will probably start uploading their's on the 15th or 16th,

I was orignally planning to wait for their walkthroughs, but....I caved and ended up watching some of GamingCrux's vids. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GamingCrux is the best one, definitely. The qualify of his/her videos are much nicer and the audio is in sync unlike others.

Sarari
11-13-2011, 04:23 PM
Jexx, you never find any flaws with AC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

@souNdwAve89 is the into really that bad?

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 04:30 PM
Uhh.. yes I do.

The combat is to easy, characters aren't delved into enough sometimes for my tastes, in Brotherhood the Borgia and their allies weren't grey enough, the multiplayer in Brotherhood didn't have enough of a story, Assassin's Creed 1 as really repetitive and got really boring easily, even in the cut-scenes, mostly because of Atlair's monotonous voice, Brotherhood wasn't as long as I would of liked it to be, Revelations looks to be similar in length.

However, the intro for ACR just departs from the way that AC2 and ACB did it. It's not the standard climb to the top of the tower and have a moment with a family member and do a leap of faith.

Sarari
11-13-2011, 04:34 PM
Ok, you do have some problems with AC. lol I take what I said back.

I hope ACR is good enough for me.....please noone spoil it for me.

Animuses
11-13-2011, 04:35 PM
Spoilers no longer tempt me. I'll be spoiler free until I get the game... then they won't be spoilers.

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 04:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarari:
Ok, you do have some problems with AC. lol I take what I said back.

I hope ACR is good enough for me.....please noone spoil it for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, ACR is going to be the best AC game. (Unless you still consider AC1 to be the best one, then your insane)

If you don't enjoy it, I'm declaring you crazy. Then again, you didn't like Brotherhood, which is pretty crazy. :P

Animuses
11-13-2011, 04:40 PM
@Jexx
Your favorite AC is Brotherhood which makes you the crazy one.

souNdwAve89
11-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Jexx, you never find any flaws with AC http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

@souNdwAve89 is the into really that bad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it all depends on the person's taste. I won't go too much into detail, but the intro gave me an impression that the people who worked on ACR were lazy when putting it together. When I saw it, I was like, "really guys? REALLY? Is that the best you guys can do?".

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 04:59 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
@Jexx
Your favorite AC is Brotherhood which makes you the crazy one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering the fact that most people liked Brotherhood the most, I would say the opposite.

And I was joking around, no offense, but you obviously weren't. I don't know what your problem is with me, but I would prefer you to not try to insult me.

@souNdwAve89 is the into really that bad? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, it all depends on the person's taste. I won't go too much into detail, but the intro gave me an impression that the people who worked on ACR were lazy when putting it together. When I saw it, I was like, "really guys? REALLY? Is that the best you guys can do?". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I agree with the fact that it seems a little lazy. But still, the intro IS awesome. Despite the fact we all have seen it before.

It's still an awesome intro...

P.S. I was actually thinking of the intro for the whole game. The one that did the recap. I didn't know you meant the Ezio one :P

Animuses
11-13-2011, 05:10 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Animuses:
@Jexx
Your favorite AC is Brotherhood which makes you the crazy one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Considering the fact that most people liked Brotherhood the most, I would say the opposite.

And I was joking around, no offense, but you obviously weren't. I don't know what your problem is with me, but I would prefer you to not try to insult me.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It was obvious that you were joking, so I decided to as well, but apparently I can't without you thinking I'm blatantly insulting you.

Anyway, most people like AC2 the most. That's quite clear.

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 05:16 PM
Actually, I'm fairly sure the majority of the fan-base liked Brotherhood the most. Maybe the majority of the HARDCORE fan-base likes AC2 the most, but they are a minority.

Everyone I talked to in real life who has played the Assassin's Creed games likes Brotherhood the best.

Animuses
11-13-2011, 05:22 PM
From what I've seen all over the web and when speaking to people I know, they think AC2 is the best.

Sometimes I'll see someone say, regardless of it's repetitive gameplay AC1 is the best.

I probably haven't even seen anyone say ACB was the best until I came onto the forums.

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 05:43 PM
Well everyone I personally talk to thinks that ACB is the best. Granted this is the teenaged crowd that mostly plays CoD.

I still think ACB is the best because it just improves upon AC2's mechanics, has better character development, better Desmond segments, better robes + armor, better side missions, multiplayer, and it delves more into the actual events of 1500-1504 because there are fewer events to keep track of. AC2's story depth and character development felt rushed to me. I mean, Sequence 7 was 5 years, but it feels like it would of only took a month or two in reality, not to mention that out of the 12+ "main" characters it has only 3 characters that get true development.

The only things that AC2 is better than ACB are the overall length of the story and the amount of improvements, along with the Pazzi and Barbarigo being a little more on the gray side than the Borgia. AC2 made more improvements to the series than ACB, but ACB took AC2's improvements and added more improvements.

So that's why ACB is the best. You may not like it the best, and I can understand that, as that's subjective. But from an objective standpoint ACB is actually the best. And I've seen more people and review sites consider ACB the best than not, so :/

Altair661
11-13-2011, 06:10 PM
I thought Brotherhood was the worst. But I hate saying "worse" because it makes it seems like I hated it... which I didn't. I loved all of them. But the story with Ezio was just not good enough for me. It was very predictable (except one part) and I knew Ezio had to win.

However everything outside of the story was stellar, with so much other stuff to do.

To me the first one is the best to me. I know that sounds crazy. But the story and gameplay to me the best of the whole series. It's has the most realism (for Assassin's Creed) and I really felt like an Assassin. Yes, it can be repetitive, but once you get the hang of it and know what to look for, then turn off everything on the hud. The game became istantly immersive for me.

Also, Altair (my favorite character ever) feels like a real assassin. There's a sense of strategy to AC1 and I like to play as if I am an Assassin. I don't run along the rooftops and kill everyone in sight. I stay as stealthy as possible and play the game to the best I can. Which makes me feel even more like a true assassin. Even though he has a dead beat voice and not a huge amount of character development. (AC2 wins there, even though I felt like that was more of a "hero story" rather then a revenge one)

Finally while the combat is much much better in ACB, I loved the Assassinations. They are by far the best part of the game, and the series for me. They've deviated way to far from them in the games following but I still love the games. But just listening to my target rant on and think he safe, then walking right behind him, Assassinate him and make my escape...freakin awesome.

So yeah, I like AC1 the most, hopefully you see why, and ACR could change this, but we'll see. The story is revolving around what to me is the most interesting part of Assassin's Creed which is all the things we don't know(TWCB,POE,16,Desmond)...and more Altair!

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 06:26 PM
Oh, I have no problem with people liking AC1 the most and liking ACB the least. Different tastes is all.

But the thing is, ACB is still technically the best, even if you like AC2 or AC1 better. Also, Ezio did have to hide the apple in Rome, but I'm not sure if that constitutes as winning.

While the story of ACB was predictable, I still liked it more than AC2's because unlike AC2's story, they explained it more in depth in ACB. In terms of characters and over all quantity of events, ACB failed where AC2 succeeded, but succeeded where AC2 failed. ACB didn't get close to the quantity of events or characters where AC2 did, but it did provide deeper characters and explained the actual events more. Quality over quantity.

AC2 has the most twists and turns of AC1-ACB though. The only real twists in AC1 were:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Altair lives after being stabbed (since this is the beginning of the game, not much of a true twist, but still)
<LI>Robert de Sable in mission 9 turned out to be Maria Thorpe
<LI>Al Mualim is a Templar
[/list]

ACB's twists consisted of:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>The siege of Monterigionni (which was in the previews leading up to the game, so not much of a twist)
<LI>La Volpe thinking Machiavelli a traitor
<LI>Lucy being stabbed
[/list]

I'm probably forgetting something, but meh.

Sarari
11-13-2011, 06:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
Oh, I have no problem with people liking AC1 the most and liking ACB the least. Different tastes is all.

But the thing is, ACB is still technically the best, even if you like AC2 or AC1 better. Also, Ezio did have to hide the apple in Rome, but I'm not sure if that constitutes as winning.

While the story of ACB was predictable, I still liked it more than AC2's because unlike AC2's story, they explained it more in depth in ACB. In terms of characters and over all quantity of events, ACB failed where AC2 succeeded, but succeeded where AC2 failed. ACB didn't get close to the quantity of events or characters where AC2 did, but it did provide deeper characters and explained the actual events more. Quality over quantity.

AC2 has the most twists and turns of AC1-ACB though. The only real twists in AC1 were:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>Altair lives after being stabbed (since this is the beginning of the game, not much of a true twist, but still)
<LI>Robert de Sable in mission 9 turned out to be Maria Thorpe
<LI>Al Mualim is a Templar
[/list]

ACB's twists consisted of:
<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI>The siege of Monterigionni (which was in the previews leading up to the game, so not much of a twist)
<LI>La Volpe thinking Machiavelli a traitor
<LI>Lucy being stabbed
[/list]

I'm probably forgetting something, but meh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Don't forget that Robert de Sable wasn't Altair's biggest enemy or problem that was to come. I thought that as one of my favorite moments in AC1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G5Zd_m3RII
That whole speech that Robert gave was really mind opening and unexpected. My favorite part in the whole thing was 7:16 till the point where he dies. That part was like a "what the hell did I just do" moment lol.

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 07:06 PM
hmmm should I or should I not watch the first few parts of ACR?

Sarari
11-13-2011, 07:18 PM
DON'T! Jexx sent me the link to the very first Altair mission in Revelations and I couldn't help myself. It didn't really spoil anything though. Thank god *relieved*

Animuses
11-13-2011, 07:22 PM
Jexx, I know how you feel about Brotherhood and regardless of what you think, I do respect your opinion, but we weren't discussing our opinions, we were discussing everyone else general opinion.

Also, you can't say Brotherhood is the actual best game when all you do is back it up with your opinions.

@BlackRose
I'm guessing you came this far without spoiling anything for yourself, so don't do it a day before the game's release.

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 07:23 PM
DON'T! Jexx sent me the link to the very first Altair mission in Revelations and I couldn't help myself. It didn't really spoil anything though. Thank god *relieved* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Too late! xD

I'm only watching the first 16 minutes of the game... and I gotta say... wow. Just wow. SO EXCITED! :3

Sarari
11-13-2011, 07:31 PM
LOL tell me where it begins with Ezio! Haha JK.....but seriously don't. I'll kill myself if you do http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 07:34 PM
LOL tell me where it begins with Ezio! Haha JK.....but seriously don't. I'll kill myself if you do http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/compsmash.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't worry. I won't. But it's a truly beautiful game. Ubisoft really went all out on this game. On the opening credits, they show the studios that worked on this game, they named so many studios working on this game... so yeah they really did a good job for such a short time.

Trust me it's worth the wait...

Sarari
11-13-2011, 07:40 PM
I can imagine! Oh man how I spoil the game for myself! lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

But watching gameplay videos for Brotherhood ruined it for me and I rushed through the game trying to get to missions I wanted to play.

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I can imagine! Oh man how I spoil the game for myself! lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif

But watching gameplay videos for Brotherhood ruined it for me and I rushed through the game trying to get to missions I wanted to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, I did it for a reason though. I'm planning to do a LP of this when I get it. Since I already know how to play at least the first part, I can do at least 2 or 3 vids of this game in no time. Of course, I won't load them up until I know it's okay to post vids of the game. Which is when exactly btw?

Krayus Korianis
11-13-2011, 07:52 PM
I didn't ruin nothing for myself. It's not like playing it yourself, you're just watching it being played.

Most of it for me is knowing what to do on some sketchy stuff. But the opener is just fantastic.

Jexx21
11-13-2011, 07:56 PM

But watching gameplay videos for Brotherhood ruined it for me and I rushed through the game trying to get to missions I wanted to play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe that's why you didn't like Brotherhood.

I would love to do a walkthrough, but I worry that I won't be able to do one without a drastic drop in FPS :/

BlackRose1809
11-13-2011, 08:01 PM

Maybe that's why you didn't like Brotherhood.

I would love to do a walkthrough, but I worry that I won't be able to do one without a drastic drop in FPS :/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you mean by that?

btw, when are we allowed to post vids of the game online?

Sarari
11-13-2011, 08:15 PM
The reason I don't wanna watch any vids is because I like to be sneaky, stealthy, and I want to think fast when I'm in the moment. Watching a video with guards in areas during a mission will just allow me to know when and where they are.

Moultonborough
11-13-2011, 08:33 PM

I feel so ashamed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
So much for going Dark huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Oh well too late now I guess going to get mine tomorrow night so it doesn't matter at this point for me.

Altair661
11-13-2011, 08:44 PM
I think I have to wait til Wednesday to get it...those simple 24 hours are going to kill me like no other mother.

BlackRose1809
11-14-2011, 12:01 AM
The reason I don't wanna watch any vids is because I like to be sneaky, stealthy, and I want to think fast when I'm in the moment. Watching a video with guards in areas during a mission will just allow me to know when and where they are. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, but if it's just the first mission, you won't want to go fast to the part you know. And also it helps to know what you are up against if you are going to be posting a walkthrough of this.

I don't want to have a vid where I'm pointlessly walking around for 10 minutes trying to find something. I rather, know something first before going on. that's why I'm just watching the first one so that way, I can post my first vids fast, then play my practice run next and have fun on my own.

Sarari
11-14-2011, 06:29 AM
I like having surprises. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I think I can take on the guards, they're not to hard, except maybe for Janissaries O.O

CRUDFACE
11-14-2011, 08:13 AM
I like having surprises. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

I think I can take on the guards, they're not to hard, except maybe for Janissaries O.O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're actually a challenge now! I cried fanboy tears when I saw how they fight.

Ezio292012
11-14-2011, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

I think I can take on the guards, they're not to hard, except maybe for Janissaries O.O </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They're actually a challenge now! I cried fanboy tears when I saw how they fight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GOOD i like taking some challenging guard lol