PDA

View Full Version : Historic would be nice!

VF-3Thunderboy
06-21-2004, 12:51 PM
The cool thing about CFS2 is that I learned about the historical players, Joe Foss, Boyington,Bong, etc... all the tactics. The personal stories are the most compelling youll ever see. I went into writing select historical missions, because of the people/history involved.I hope that PF goes into the pilots involved, etc. also...Not sure how FB handled this...

Thats what really makes it interesting!"

VF-3Thunderboy
06-21-2004, 12:51 PM
The cool thing about CFS2 is that I learned about the historical players, Joe Foss, Boyington,Bong, etc... all the tactics. The personal stories are the most compelling youll ever see. I went into writing select historical missions, because of the people/history involved.I hope that PF goes into the pilots involved, etc. also...Not sure how FB handled this...

Thats what really makes it interesting!"

rpkiller
06-21-2004, 02:56 PM
I agree. One of the best parts of CFS2 was the manual. I'm sure with the knowledge Oleg and Luthier's team have about the various theatres they could soon bash out a fantastically comprehensive manual/book. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Yellonet
06-21-2004, 03:40 PM
I think you can rule out a nice and thick manual already http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Think LOMAC.

Seems nobody wants to make them anymore.. too bad, I would pay a few extra bucks if they threw in a good manual.

- Yellonet

BarkhornXX
06-21-2004, 03:43 PM
Yes, historic is always good. But, why do you think that CFS2 had it? I remember way back when - about a week after the release of CFS2 - I noticed some real strange stuff in the Camapaign - like the Shokaku at Midway - or Devestators at Gaudalcanal.

I'm certain PF will do better than this - all you need are a few decent books and the will to actually look at them.

BTW, I found the CFS2 manual to be a cartoony mess that was VERY hard to follow. You should have been around in the days of real manuals like Falcon4 (still have that one).

Barkhorn.

Latico
06-21-2004, 04:40 PM
What we might see is the manual in PDF format that can be printed out by the user. Software publishers are doing this more and more as it cuts down on the expense of printing hardcopy manuals.

FB's manuals are in PDF format. You can find them on the CD.