PDA

View Full Version : A solution to CRC Errors

modarith
10-26-2004, 12:40 AM
If I never saw a CRC Error again in my life it would still be to soon...

ok I'm not 100% sure as what CRC Error is but this is what i think it is..

You said that you have gone as far as getting a new DVD-Rom drive and still get the same thing.
So that rules out the DVD-Rom.. I used to Get CRC Errors on my old Computer the Problem came down to the MoBo Believe it are not (mine was a MSI KTV400 I think). Anyway what i think is happening is that you DVD is sending information to your HD faster the the MoBo + CPU will handle. Usually u get CRC Errors when it try's to install a big .cab file, which almost all games have lots of. Sometime it asks Retry|Continue|Cancel

Solution.
Don't worry its easy and free but there's no Guarantee this will even work but its worth a shot. Though if you really don't know what your doing you might not want to do this.

1. Restart your Computer
2. when it first turns on you need to go into the BIOS, Usually just tap the Delete Key(it might be F1-F4 on older MoBo's but they probably wont play this game anyways.)
3. Once in your BIOS you need to find a setting Called "CPU Frequency" (it's going to be in one of the sub Categories) if you have an AMD XP CPU it should be set at 133mhz. when you get there change it to 100mhz instead(please don't mess with anything else). Now Save and Exit
4. Now when your Computer turns on your going to notice that your lets say 2500mhz CPU dropped to like a 1900mhz CPU are some weird number, thats Fine we'll change it back when were done.
5. Get into Windows and try installing it again it should work..
6. after you install the game and test it Restart your Computer again and set your "CPU Frequency" back to where it was probably 133mhz. This will set your CPU back to the right Speed. Save and Exit Again make sure your CPU is back at the right speed and you should be ready to play...

Hope this help's everyone. Tell me if it works (or if it doesn't work >.< )

modarith
10-26-2004, 12:40 AM
If I never saw a CRC Error again in my life it would still be to soon...

ok I'm not 100% sure as what CRC Error is but this is what i think it is..

You said that you have gone as far as getting a new DVD-Rom drive and still get the same thing.
So that rules out the DVD-Rom.. I used to Get CRC Errors on my old Computer the Problem came down to the MoBo Believe it are not (mine was a MSI KTV400 I think). Anyway what i think is happening is that you DVD is sending information to your HD faster the the MoBo + CPU will handle. Usually u get CRC Errors when it try's to install a big .cab file, which almost all games have lots of. Sometime it asks Retry|Continue|Cancel

Solution.
Don't worry its easy and free but there's no Guarantee this will even work but its worth a shot. Though if you really don't know what your doing you might not want to do this.

1. Restart your Computer
2. when it first turns on you need to go into the BIOS, Usually just tap the Delete Key(it might be F1-F4 on older MoBo's but they probably wont play this game anyways.)
3. Once in your BIOS you need to find a setting Called "CPU Frequency" (it's going to be in one of the sub Categories) if you have an AMD XP CPU it should be set at 133mhz. when you get there change it to 100mhz instead(please don't mess with anything else). Now Save and Exit
4. Now when your Computer turns on your going to notice that your lets say 2500mhz CPU dropped to like a 1900mhz CPU are some weird number, thats Fine we'll change it back when were done.
5. Get into Windows and try installing it again it should work..
6. after you install the game and test it Restart your Computer again and set your "CPU Frequency" back to where it was probably 133mhz. This will set your CPU back to the right Speed. Save and Exit Again make sure your CPU is back at the right speed and you should be ready to play...

Hope this help's everyone. Tell me if it works (or if it doesn't work &gt;.&lt; )

maztec
10-26-2004, 01:02 AM
This is a potential solution for people with overheating issues (blow dust out of fan and heatsink with canned air). Also, if you overclock your CPU this could potentially fix your problems.

Those tend to be the reasons a fix such as this fix that type of problem.

Maz

modarith
10-26-2004, 05:45 PM
Agreed this is a "potential solution" as you put it but its still worth trying..

But I can't stress enough IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT WERE TALKING ABOUT DONT DO IT. I'd hate for anyone to have computer Problems due to my post.