PDA

View Full Version : Assassin Recruits lacking in customization, and starting out at level 5.

Cusillo
11-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Posted Thu November 17 2011 21:57
I have played the game and finished all of the main story missions, and for some weird reason all the assassins I have recruited have started at level 5. I have no idea if this is intentional, but I find it rather annoying that as soon as I recruit an assassin his/her ability to go on hard/medium missions completely takes away from the value or purpose of ever doing the easier recruit missions. It renders those missions useless. Also, whatever happened to being able to customize your recruits? All I can change on their equipment is whether or not the have a hood/mask. It sees that once I recruit an assassin, his/her equipment is chosen randomly.
I would like to know if recruit customization is something that was meant to be part of the game, and if starting out at level 5 is 'normal'.

Cusillo
11-17-2011, 10:58 PM
Posted Thu November 17 2011 21:57
I have played the game and finished all of the main story missions, and for some weird reason all the assassins I have recruited have started at level 5. I have no idea if this is intentional, but I find it rather annoying that as soon as I recruit an assassin his/her ability to go on hard/medium missions completely takes away from the value or purpose of ever doing the easier recruit missions. It renders those missions useless. Also, whatever happened to being able to customize your recruits? All I can change on their equipment is whether or not the have a hood/mask. It sees that once I recruit an assassin, his/her equipment is chosen randomly.
I would like to know if recruit customization is something that was meant to be part of the game, and if starting out at level 5 is 'normal'.

SleezeRocker
11-17-2011, 11:03 PM
the LV5 Assassin recruits are the "talented" recruits Ezio find. If you aquired recruits by a mini-mission, then those recruuits usually start at level 5 since they were naturally "good" at some kind of ability.

As to Assassin cusotmization, I odn't htink it was the main focus in ACR, just only you can add hoods and masks. It's somewhat ok but eh, but lil more variety than ACB. Also I always use the mask on the guys that look that have swollen faces :P

Blind2Society
11-17-2011, 11:24 PM
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of recruit custimization as well. Especially after how much they hyped it up pre-release.

Perhaps I was upset as I was because there really wasn't any custimization at all other than the ability to choose from a bunch of ugly colors. Not to mention the recruit robes were ugly as well. Oh and the recruits themselves were all pretty ugly too. A whole lot of ugliness going on in that part of the game.

Another thing I noticed, If you put your recruits' hoods up, and don't put their mask on, the next time you open the menu their hoods will be down. Small issue but quite annoying.

wapikas
11-18-2011, 12:10 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Also I always use the mask on the guys that look that have swollen faces :P </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I use mask also on women for the same reason and all my assassins have masks. I really like this option to put mask on http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

But this is really pointless that recruits start out at level 5. In next AC game ubisoft should make level cap 30 and assassins should start out at level 20. It also seems leveling them up is easier than in ACB. every time I send assassins to mission they come back and have leveled up.

lukaszep
11-18-2011, 10:01 AM
Once i put the mask on, i can't take it off without taking the hood off... is this meant to happen or is it just a bug? It's not a big deal, but it's little annoying.

Blind2Society
11-18-2011, 10:15 AM
Check my previous post. I think it's a bug.

iN3krO
11-18-2011, 04:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
I was a bit disappointed with the lack of recruit custimization as well. Especially after how much they hyped it up pre-release.

Perhaps I was upset as I was because there really wasn't any custimization at all other than the ability to choose from a bunch of ugly colors. Not to mention the recruit robes were ugly as well. Oh and the recruits themselves were all pretty ugly too. A whole lot of ugliness going on in that part of the game.

Another thing I noticed, If you put your recruits' hoods up, and don't put their mask on, the next time you open the menu their hoods will be down. Small issue but quite annoying. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha, they also hyped the REVELATIONS and now we find that the revelations given are just things any fan already knew... quite disappointing no?

souNdwAve89
11-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I personally like the new assassin features. I love the option to put their hood up or mask on. I was hoping we can choose what equipment they can use or skills. What bugs me is how Ubisoft used the same male and female template for EVERYTHING. For example, the guy that you meet in the beginning of ACR is the same template for other citizens and even assassins. Overall, I am fine with ACR"s assassin feature since they gave us a little more options with what to do with them and they have personalities and talk more.