PDA

View Full Version : if Daniel Cross is in AC3, would he be an ally or enemy of Desmond

Radman500
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM
what do you think

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901120820/assassinscreed/images/e/ef/Daniel_Cross_AC_Encyclopedia.png

this is an artwork of him in the encyclopedia, i think they will use this as his apperance in AC3, because i think he will be in AC3...

if he is in AC3, would he be an ally or enemy of Desmond, I mean this is the man (Daniel) who killed the mentor, and almost caused the ultimate downfall of the Assassins Order

Radman500
11-23-2011, 05:16 PM
what do you think

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110901120820/assassinscreed/images/e/ef/Daniel_Cross_AC_Encyclopedia.png

this is an artwork of him in the encyclopedia, i think they will use this as his apperance in AC3, because i think he will be in AC3...

if he is in AC3, would he be an ally or enemy of Desmond, I mean this is the man (Daniel) who killed the mentor, and almost caused the ultimate downfall of the Assassins Order

S-EVANS
11-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Honestly, hes got a distinctive looking templar chin

Radman500
11-23-2011, 06:01 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by S-EVANS:
Honestly, hes got a distinctive looking templar chin </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol

souNdwAve89
11-23-2011, 07:05 PM
I can see him as one of those redeeming characters. He did a horrible act at the end of the comic book, which he regrets. I can see him as a villain at first, but end up being one of the good guys later.

YHHTQ
11-23-2011, 07:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
I can see him as one of those redeeming characters. He did a horrible act at the end of the comic book, which he regrets. I can see him as a villain at first, but end up being one of the good guys later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would he be a villain? He was programmed to kill the mentor, as in, it was NOT his choice. If anything, he is a victim, not a villain.

kudos17
11-23-2011, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
I can see him as one of those redeeming characters. He did a horrible act at the end of the comic book, which he regrets. I can see him as a villain at first, but end up being one of the good guys later. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why would he be a villain? He was programmed to kill the mentor, as in, it was NOT his choice. If anything, he is a victim, not a villain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But then he ran to the Templars 100% willingly, which makes him a traitor.

Well, not true. He betrayed the Assassins when he killed the Mentor, but that wasn't by his own choice. It's just a terrible situation. I think he would be a fantastic character to put in AC3 if they did it right. But then again...

Subject 16 should've been fantastic in AC:R. He really had so much potential. But in my opinion Ubisoft just didn't go deep enough with him. We barely saw him, and he barely explained anything.

masterfenix2009
11-23-2011, 07:22 PM
We dont know if he did it willingly

YHHTQ
11-23-2011, 07:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
We dont know if he did it willingly </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have the issue right here and basically, the Mentor ushered some kind of "killphrase" that made him do the deed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by assassino151:
But then he ran to the Templars 100% willingly, which makes him a traitor. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Because he was on the run from the assassins and even if he tried to explain, they would not believe him?

Last time I checked, he apologised instantly after realising what he had just done.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Well, not true. He betrayed the Assassins when he killed the Mentor, but that wasn't by his own choice. It's just a terrible situation. I think he would be a fantastic character to put in AC3 if they did it right. But then again... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Again, programmed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Subject 16 should've been fantastic in AC:R. He really had so much potential. But in my opinion Ubisoft just didn't go deep enough with him. We barely saw him, and he barely explained anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What was there to explain?

RzaRecta357
11-23-2011, 08:36 PM
The stuff he said about the sun and pretty much all the nonsense he was jabbering on about for 2 games?

MYKK678
11-23-2011, 09:28 PM
the sun was explained, there's a problem with the earth and a strong enough solar flare could wipe us all out (and will in 2012 according to ac timeline) like it did to those who came before in that big epic CGI movie at the end. its kinda terrifying cause we're not far off from that kinda danger in real life. if you want a better explanation (im terrible) check out a film called Knowing with Nic Cage. Bad bad movie but it'll explain how it works.

LightRey
11-24-2011, 04:44 AM
There has been absolutely no confirmation, or even "official" mention, that Daniel's escape to Abstergo was also programmed. In fact, it's been quite strongly suggested that that was a very conscious decision as it was the only place he could flee to where the assassins couldn't get to him.

That makes him a traitor. Not because he killed the mentor, but because of what he did afterwards. Him returning to Abstergo allowed them to initiate the Great Purge, which effectively crippled the order to such an extent that it's in a worse state than ever before.

EscoBlades
11-24-2011, 05:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
There has been absolutely no confirmation, or even "official" mention, that Daniel's escape to Abstergo was also programmed. In fact, it's been quite strongly suggested that that was a very conscious decision as it was the only place he could flee to where the assassins couldn't get to him.

That makes him a traitor. Not because he killed the mentor, but because of what he did afterwards. Him returning to Abstergo allowed them to initiate the Great Purge, which effectively crippled the order to such an extent that it's in a worse state than ever before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS! Also, the following is spoiler-ish for those who haven't played the multiplayer....

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">He's a fully fledged Abstergo Ops man in the multiplayer, and is referenced a few times in the Abstergo video files. When your character reaches Level 50 and gets inducted into the Order, Vidic informs you that they have located William Miles, and your character is part of the Retrieval Team sent to capture him. Part of that team....is Daniel Cross.</span>

Lastly, shouldn't this thread have SPOILER tags?

itsamea-mario
11-24-2011, 05:26 AM
I've never read The Fall.
But I think I pretty much know the story (the important parts at least)
And I think he'd make an excellent target for Desmond, in his final monents he'd say how he's sorry for what he did and whatnot.

But I'm sure ubi said they want to keep their different media's separate?

dxsxhxcx
11-24-2011, 05:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

That makes him a traitor. Not because he killed the mentor, but because of what he did afterwards. Him returning to Abstergo allowed them to initiate the Great Purge, which effectively crippled the order to such an extent that it's in a worse state than ever before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

THIS! Also, the following is spoiler-ish for those who haven't played the multiplayer....

<span class="ev_code_WHITE">He's a fully fledged Abstergo Ops man in the multiplayer, and is referenced a few times in the Abstergo video files. When your character reaches Level 50 and gets inducted into the Order, Vidic informs you that they have located William Miles, and your character is part of the Retrieval Team sent to capture him. Part of that team....is Daniel Cross.</span>

Lastly, shouldn't this thread have SPOILER tags? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that's cool, if Daniel <span class="ev_code_WHITE">is part of the team who are going after William Miles I hope he (Daniel) make an appearance in the game, Daniel is a cool character and it would be the perfect opponent for Desmond, it'll be nice to fight him before we kill Vidic.. (Ubisoft, please make a mission where we infiltrate into an Abstergo facility and kill Vidic in AC3)</span>

LightRey
11-24-2011, 05:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EscoBlades:

Lastly, shouldn't this thread have SPOILER tags? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sweet. I might actually take the time to get to level 50 in MP then. I kinda stopped after I unlocked Rhodes.

Also, <span class="ev_code_WHITE">I think I'll take much pleasure in either killing Daniel or even better beating some sense into him. If we do get to kill him I'll enjoy Desmond's death talk with him.</span>.

And yes, this thread should have SPOILER tags.

phoenix-force411
11-24-2011, 01:44 PM
I don't like Daniel Cross! He doesn't look badass nor does he have badass ancestors! He's a newb compared to Desmond!

RzaRecta357
11-24-2011, 03:28 PM
Nah. He's the man. He's also seen ALL time. He knew what he had to do. He knows what he has to do. And that's to help Desmond in the end. Even if it meant killing the mentor to fool everyone.

Assassin_M
11-24-2011, 03:34 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Nah. He's the man. He's also seen ALL time. He knew what he had to do. He knows what he has to do. And that's to help Desmond in the end. Even if it meant killing the mentor to fool everyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
dont you think you are too confident in a guy dubbed as their second best spy by Abstergo ?

kudos17
11-24-2011, 06:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YHHTQ:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Subject 16 should've been fantastic in AC:R. He really had so much potential. But in my opinion Ubisoft just didn't go deep enough with him. We barely saw him, and he barely explained anything. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
What was there to explain? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What wasn't? All the panicked ranting he did in the Truth videos, and especially the talk he gave Desmond in Brotherhood when he materialized (the Sun, his son, etc.), definitely needed clarification. If I were Desmond, I know that would be first thing on my mind - or at the very least, one of the top-priority questions.

All we got from 16 the whole game was four things: (REVELATIONS SPOILER): <span class="ev_code_WHITE">the welcoming "synch nexus" talk, the speculation about entering Desmond's body, the talk about "regrets", and his help in preventing Desmond's deletion</span>. That's it. I would've loved for him to explain his background, as both an assassin and person, his details uncovered on Abstergo during his time there, etc etc... oh, and maybe his real name?!

Sorry, I don't mean to sound blunt and rude to you. I'm just very disappointed in how it was handled. I mean, I didn't expect 16 to come out and say: "Hey Desmond! My name is (blank), I'm from (blank) city! Here's all I know!"... But I wish they managed to work more details into his back-story. The only "revelations" I got from the game were for Altair and Ezio, which is OK, but I was expecting a wrap-up of the whole story. Y'know, a kind of "Hey, here's all the mysteries solved and secrets revealed. Now in AC3, you'll have to solve all these problems." Instead I got, "Hey, here's some info with some plot-holes. Oh, and another cliffhanger."

Sigh... maybe it was my fault for my expectations... sorry for the rant. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

CRUDFACE
11-24-2011, 06:49 PM
Does anybody know when the Chain takes place? It could have Daniel being redeemed in a way. But if it takes place right after the Fall and we know what he's doing in 2012...then we know he's probably going to be a target. the assassin who betrayed us in Revelations made for a cool guy to hunt down with my recruit

@Lightrey: the last part looked conscious decision, but in the mind state he was in, as well as the Abstergo having th eonly working Animus at the time, he had no other real choice.

@itsamea: they've merged the two in text and conversation based things. Like when Shaun in single player thinks Desmond might be like someone who was brain-wahsed and saying it has happened before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
Nah. He's the man. He's also seen ALL time. He knew what he had to do. He knows what he has to do. And that's to help Desmond in the end. Even if it meant killing the mentor to fool everyone. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does killing the mentor "fool" anyone?

Radman500
11-24-2011, 06:58 PM
Daniel is suppose to be like an H2H GOD basically

if i remember he took on most assassins with his martial arts abilities or something, no weapons

CRUDFACE
11-24-2011, 07:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:

if i remember he took on most assassins with his martial arts abilities or something, no weapons </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he did, Bellamy had to put a blade to his throat to calm him down. Guess it's because the older assassins (Older Nikolai, Ezio, Altair) had more training in hand to hand stuff.

Radman500
11-24-2011, 07:21 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Radman500:

if i remember he took on most assassins with his martial arts abilities or something, no weapons </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, he did, Bellamy had to put a blade to his throat to calm him down. Guess it's because the older assassins (Older Nikolai, Ezio, Altair) had more training in hand to hand stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would put daniel superior to desmond in H2H

however in a full combat fight, it would be cool to see who would win desmond vs. daniel

masterfenix2009
11-24-2011, 07:34 PM

That makes him a traitor. Not because he killed the mentor, but because of what he did afterwards. Him returning to Abstergo allowed them to initiate the Great Purge, which effectively crippled the order to such an extent that it's in a worse state than ever before. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> I think it would be quite foolish for the Templars to make him kill the Mentore and not have him programmed to comeback with the data he learned

CRUDFACE
11-24-2011, 10:09 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by t260z:

Yeah, he did, Bellamy had to put a blade to his throat to calm him down. Guess it's because the older assassins (Older Nikolai, Ezio, Altair) had more training in hand to hand stuff. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i would put daniel superior to desmond in H2H

however in a full combat fight, it would be cool to see who would win desmond vs. daniel </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, I think Daniel might win. While Desmond has training through Ezio, Daniel has training through Nokolai of firearms and I think abstergo would've trained him a bit better by now.

deskpe
11-24-2011, 11:18 PM
lets hope ehs cut hes hair since last time, that looked horrid, i prefer hes "original" look and how he looks in the concept art in multiplayer/enclopedia

Didnt he return to get into the animus so he could be happy with hes family.

RzaRecta357
11-25-2011, 01:35 AM
Does anybody know when the Chain takes place? It could have Daniel being redeemed in a way. But if it takes place right after the Fall and we know what he's doing in 2012...then we know he's probably going to be a target. the assassin who betrayed us in Revelations made for a cool guy to hunt down with my recruit

@Lightrey: the last part looked conscious decision, but in the mind state he was in, as well as the Abstergo having th eonly working Animus at the time, he had no other real choice.

@itsamea: they've merged the two in text and conversation based things. Like when Shaun in single player thinks Desmond might be like someone who was brain-wahsed and saying it has happened before.

How does killing the mentor "fool" anyone? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fools the asssassin's into thinking he's helping the templars and fools the templars into thinking he completed his task.

Honestly, he seen ALL time. He seen everything. If he didn't see himself stabbing the mentor....well that just doesn't make sense.

He knew it was coming.

LightRey
11-25-2011, 03:03 AM
Fools the asssassin's into thinking he's helping the templars and fools the templars into thinking he completed his task.

Honestly, he seen ALL time. He seen everything. If he didn't see himself stabbing the mentor....well that just doesn't make sense.

He knew it was coming. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sorry, no. A real assassin spy wouldn't allow- no cause the Great Purge. He's a (brainwashed) traitor. End of story.