PDA

View Full Version : Help! All voices in English

Blueboy777uk
09-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Guys,

This is driving me mad. Once upon a time, when I flew an aircraft, I would be conversed with in the mother tongue of my fellow pilots. I could also listen intently to the foe chattering away in their language of choice also. Alas, not any more. It is all in English. I seem to recall that there was an .ini file setting that allowed you to force this to happen and was recommended in terms of speed, but for the life of me cant find it.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Blueboy777uk
09-21-2005, 05:12 AM
Guys,

This is driving me mad. Once upon a time, when I flew an aircraft, I would be conversed with in the mother tongue of my fellow pilots. I could also listen intently to the foe chattering away in their language of choice also. Alas, not any more. It is all in English. I seem to recall that there was an .ini file setting that allowed you to force this to happen and was recommended in terms of speed, but for the life of me cant find it.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

Bearcat99
09-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Go here: C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\samples\Speech. The default is to have the correct languages so at some point you orsomeone else must have changed it. See if there is a folder that says for instance.... RU old... if there is then replace the current RU folder with that one. Do the same for all the other languages if there is an "old" folder for them. You can always go into the folder to listen and see. If there are no other folders than you can always get it off the CD I think. The reverse is what you would do to make them all English. Just relace the current folder with the US one and rename the replaced US folder to whatever country you are replacing. Does that make sense?

Blueboy777uk
09-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Thank you Bearcat. I have looked in the directory and the only change is a GB BAK directory, so I will have a nosey around and see what there is there. I will also try looking on the CD. It really is the weirdest thing I have encountered - and now bugs me cause I cant fix it!

Thanks again.