PDA

View Full Version : Starting difficulties

mattinen
07-26-2007, 01:47 AM
As you probably notice from my question I'm at the very beginning of my film making. I recorded a short clip with Fraps and then tried to encode it using DivX 6.6. But I got this: "The DivX Converter cannot encode the input file NN.avi because it contains an invalid video stream". I guess something very basic must be wrong. Can you give me a little push forward?

mattinen
07-26-2007, 01:47 AM
As you probably notice from my question I'm at the very beginning of my film making. I recorded a short clip with Fraps and then tried to encode it using DivX 6.6. But I got this: "The DivX Converter cannot encode the input file NN.avi because it contains an invalid video stream". I guess something very basic must be wrong. Can you give me a little push forward?

DmdSeeker
07-26-2007, 02:33 AM
You'd probably be better off posting this in the mission builders forum; to be honest.

Pigeon_
07-26-2007, 06:10 AM
I believe Fraps has a weird output format. I think you can make it work by using editing software (like sony vegas, adobe premiere, or even windows movie maker) to publish your movie. After that you should be able to convert it to DivX.

Capt.LoneRanger
07-26-2007, 06:34 AM
Before you get something expensive or illegal, give VirtualDub a try. It can read and save almost any format and its small and freeware.

I used it for videos with fraps, too.

http://www.virtualdub.net/zip/VirtualDub1493VCR+SYNC.zip

Crash_Moses
07-26-2007, 06:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
You'd probably be better off posting this in the mission builders forum; to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Movie makers forum I would think, too.

DmdSeeker
07-26-2007, 06:51 AM
bleah!

That's what I meant to say...

mattinen
07-26-2007, 06:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crash_Moses:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DmdSeeker:
You'd probably be better off posting this in the mission builders forum; to be honest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Movie makers forum I would think, too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Movie Makers was my intention, but it sliped in here. Thanks for the comments anyway!