PDA

View Full Version : Target Compass

Munktor
11-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Just a suggestion here, and i'm curious if anyone agrees.

I think they should remove the arrows from the target compass and only have the highlight circle.

I know how people are using it because I can see them move up to a group and use the arrow + highlight line to pick out the exact person they are looking for.

I feel you should only know if you're close or not - not use the compass to pinpoint.

Thoughts?

Munktor
11-22-2010, 08:46 AM
Just a suggestion here, and i'm curious if anyone agrees.

I think they should remove the arrows from the target compass and only have the highlight circle.

I know how people are using it because I can see them move up to a group and use the arrow + highlight line to pick out the exact person they are looking for.

I feel you should only know if you're close or not - not use the compass to pinpoint.

Thoughts?

luth411
11-22-2010, 08:55 AM
My compass only has arrows when it's indicating the locations of team mates. There's a way to have an arrow pointing to the target? Do you mean the vertical indicator in wanted mode? I think the compass mechanic is pretty excellent in advanced wanted mode. You can rely on it to proximity but you must be observant beyond that.

Munktor
11-22-2010, 09:06 AM
Hmmm, it may just be coincidence but that arrow in manhunt mode is almost always pointing right to a target for me and not my teammates.

luth411
11-22-2010, 09:11 AM
That's interesting. I've only played manhunt a few times, so I'm going to check that out for myself. I agree that if the arrows are pointing to the target that almost seems pointless for the contract to evade.

DatSoySauce
11-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Only in Manhunt, do the arrows on the compass point to your Targets.

Besides that game mode, there are no arrows on/in the compass aside from Wanted and Alliance with the level indicator, to let you know whether your target is above, below, or on the same level as you.

Team mate arrows are indicated on the sides of the screen pointing towards their direction.

Munktor
11-22-2010, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NinjaYourFaceUp:

Besides that game mode, there are no arrows on/in the compass aside from Wanted and Alliance with the level indicator, to let you know whether your target is above, below, or on the same level as you.

Team mate arrows are indicated on the sides of the screen pointing towards their direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Ninja,

That's what I thought and was referencing Manhunt specifically. I think that's kind of silly personally and it should only be the proximity meter part of the compass.

DatSoySauce
11-22-2010, 12:35 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Munktor:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NinjaYourFaceUp:

Team mate arrows are indicated on the sides of the screen pointing towards their direction. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Ninja,

That's what I thought and was referencing Manhunt specifically. I think that's kind of silly personally and it should only be the proximity meter part of the compass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I have no idea why it's even implemented only in this mode.

As you said, it's basically supposed to be a Hide and Seek Game, since as a kid I used to play "Manhunt" myself.

Now, it would be a GREAT feature, if the compass arrows instead acted as a motion sensor.

Targets standing still? They won't give you a directional arrow indication.

Targets moving around the map? Targets will yield a directional arrow since the motion would thus be captured.

IMO an Excellent Idea to at least keep the arrows in the game mode to please those who want them, while removing them for those who do not. Good old medium's are always a way to try to appease both types.

amovngtarget
11-23-2010, 04:20 PM
I think they need to get rid of the glow. It is almost always a dead give away to as who your target is. Everything else about it is fine but why let them use it to such an extent that its not even much of a challenge finding your target?

obliviondoll
11-23-2010, 05:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Munktor:

Thanks Ninja,

That's what I thought and was referencing Manhunt specifically. I think that's kind of silly personally and it should only be the proximity meter part of the compass. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. I have no idea why it's even implemented only in this mode.

As you said, it's basically supposed to be a Hide and Seek Game, since as a kid I used to play "Manhunt" myself.

Now, it would be a GREAT feature, if the compass arrows instead acted as a motion sensor.

Targets standing still? They won't give you a directional arrow indication.

Targets moving around the map? Targets will yield a directional arrow since the motion would thus be captured.

IMO an Excellent Idea to at least keep the arrows in the game mode to please those who want them, while removing them for those who do not. Good old medium's are always a way to try to appease both types. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Better - high profile indicator.

Target in a moving blend group? Shouldn't be picked out.

Target running? Should be easy prey.

The arrow isn't accurate enough to locate the target if they're in a blend group with multiple lookalikes though. And I usually am, so I'm not too worried.