PDA

View Full Version : F4U Drivers, What has Patch 4.02 done for you?

VFS-214_Hawk
10-22-2005, 11:51 AM
I dont fly much any more but I would like to know if the 4.02 has helped, hindered, or just added some extras for you PTO guys.

VFS-214_Hawk
10-22-2005, 11:51 AM
I dont fly much any more but I would like to know if the 4.02 has helped, hindered, or just added some extras for you PTO guys.

JFC_Rautaristi
10-22-2005, 12:59 PM
For F4U, I think it has done good. This doesn't mean it performs better, just that so far i've felt significant difference in it's low speed performance. Turning in slow speeds is much more difficult now, wich is good as i've always felt it was too easy, according to what i've heard. I haven't felt any other significant difference...

LW_lcarp
10-22-2005, 01:38 PM
It flys good now but it seems to catch fire easier then a Zeke and it seems to lack pilot armour now

Skycat_2
10-22-2005, 02:17 PM
I think everything catches fire easier now.

Is it my imagination, or do weapons have greater killing power? I'm used to getting shot up, but last night it seemed like everybody was killing my engine with their first burst. And the flak and AAA is actually frightening.

Eraser_tr
10-22-2005, 05:10 PM
The american weapons have seemed much much weaker, I find myself shooting much more at zeroes, they used to just splinter right away. Meanwhile I'm finding the russian planes weapons are more powerful, and the planes have much better stall characteristics than all of the american snaproll and spin into the ground from 40k feet planes. And there isn't a bias against american content...yeah, when pigs fly.

AVGWarhawk
10-22-2005, 05:40 PM
I have notice only taking off carriers fully loaded is not a problem anymore.

Skycat_2
10-22-2005, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eraser_tr:
The american weapons have seemed much much weaker, I find myself shooting much more at zeroes, they used to just splinter right away. Meanwhile I'm finding the russian planes weapons are more powerful, and the planes have much better stall characteristics than all of the american snaproll and spin into the ground from 40k feet planes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I concur to a degree after playing P-51Ds vs. N1K1Js over mainland Japan mission in DGen. My mustang kept flopping and spinning out of control like I haven't felt since the P-39 in origninal IL-2. I got hits all over one Japanese fighter and he just smoked and flew away; I realize that I may not have hit him as much as I think but I was really close on his tail and jinking to hit his engine.

Of course, I suck -- as anybody who has played dogfights with me can attest -- and my opinion should probably be overlooked.

MINTZ2
10-22-2005, 06:13 PM
S~ Hawk,

The Hog has better acceleration in dives and takeoffs. The D model`s guns are more effective as all the MGs are stronger in all planes. Roll rate has increased as well as climbs from takeoff. Don`t go below 200mph in a tight turn. I also had to re-adjust my convergence.

VF-17 Mintz.

VFS-214_Hawk
10-22-2005, 07:07 PM
Thanks for the replys but how so soon we stoped talking about the F-4U http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

Good to see you again MINTZ

I guess I need to put away the new P-47 and get back into the F4U.

Regards

fordfan25
10-22-2005, 10:46 PM
i found that the f4u excelarates a little better now and the DW motor's dont over heat as fast and thay cool off faster now. the . i dont think the .50's changed but the dm of some planes seems to. the dm on the p-47 seemed to get a little better but the corsair and the hellcat still seem to be made out of gas soaked papper. what is so frikn hard to get the DM's realistic after 2 billion patchs http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif . if any one at 1c has douts as to the durabilty of the hellcat and corsair i suggest thay pick up pretty much any book made by men that were there. there are many books and photos. even JP reconized the toughness of these birds.

stansdds
10-23-2005, 06:02 AM
I could say something about the damage modeling of American aircraft, but it would most certainly be considered inflamatory. Let's just say that planes of mother Russia were the real winners and we'll just leave it at that.

VT-51_Razor
10-23-2005, 08:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MINTZ2:
I also had to re-adjust my convergence.

VF-17 Mintz. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mintz, which way did you adjust, up or down? What did you have to begin with, and what are you using now?

I "feel" that the .50's are more effective now, but not from any change in their hitting power, but rather because it seems as though they are firing at a higher rate, putting more bullets on target per (time period) than before. Of course, this is when I actually HIT something, which is a rare occasion indeed. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I have not noticed a change in the Hawg's handling while in the pattern around a carrier, but I HAVE noticed a more pronounced tendancy to depart from controlled flight while doing something stupid, like attempting to turn with a Zeke.

VFS-214_Hawk
10-23-2005, 08:47 AM
I flew it a little last night with VF-17. It was real hard to flame the IJ aircraft. I thout it was me but when I flew the Ki-84, the Ki-84 absorbed .50s like you wouldnt believe. While flying the F-4U, it lost parts and burst into flames with just a few rounds from the Ki-84b....not c. I think the DM for at least the F4U is way under modeled. Dive speed seems ok but didnt do much of that. I am glad to see it able to take off from static CV realistic or not its needed for gameplay. CV can move, why Oleg wont model that is beyond me.

VW-IceFire
10-23-2005, 09:00 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Skycat_2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eraser_tr:
The american weapons have seemed much much weaker, I find myself shooting much more at zeroes, they used to just splinter right away. Meanwhile I'm finding the russian planes weapons are more powerful, and the planes have much better stall characteristics than all of the american snaproll and spin into the ground from 40k feet planes. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I concur to a degree after playing P-51Ds vs. N1K1Js over mainland Japan mission in DGen. My mustang kept flopping and spinning out of control like I haven't felt since the P-39 in origninal IL-2. I got hits all over one Japanese fighter and he just smoked and flew away; I realize that I may not have hit him as much as I think but I was really close on his tail and jinking to hit his engine.

Of course, I suck -- as anybody who has played dogfights with me can attest -- and my opinion should probably be overlooked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/5261079963

Also N1K-1J's have been made of concrete since 3.03m.

AOD_DieHard_X
10-23-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't seem to be able to adjust the seat to the up position (canopy open, raise seat) since installing the patch.. anyone else?

stansdds
10-24-2005, 03:58 AM
Seat works fine for me. I think the Corsair might behave a little better at slow speed in 4.02.

Oilburner_TAW
10-24-2005, 04:19 AM
Radiator/cowl flaps still have no effect on cooling. Actually, due to the speed loss you can go farther with them closed at full wep because you go a little bit faster. Overheat time appears to be identical, regardless of flap position.

fordfan25
10-24-2005, 10:23 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by stansdds:
I could say something about the damage modeling of American aircraft, but it would most certainly be considered inflamatory. Let's just say that planes of mother Russia were the real winners and we'll just leave it at that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
i hear ya http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif iv half treated this game with the mind set that it is half propagnda now a days http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WOLFMondo
10-24-2005, 01:09 PM
I tend to treat it as mostly fact until anyone proves otherwise, which is possible and people have done in the past.