PDA

View Full Version : It was obvious that the modern times were set in Italy since AC2...

johnnyhayek
09-15-2011, 09:59 AM
I just realized this. I was playing AC2 a few minutes ago and while in the hideout, I looked out the window and saw Italian style houses everywhere, most similar to Florence's designs. Did anyone else notice this before? I never knew we were in Italy until the team went to Monterrigione. So were they in Florence in the Hideout?

johnnyhayek
09-15-2011, 09:59 AM
I just realized this. I was playing AC2 a few minutes ago and while in the hideout, I looked out the window and saw Italian style houses everywhere, most similar to Florence's designs. Did anyone else notice this before? I never knew we were in Italy until the team went to Monterrigione. So were they in Florence in the Hideout?

Moultonborough
09-15-2011, 10:02 AM
I always assumed Abstergo and the first hideout were in Rome. While leaving Lucy says something like "we have another hideout out (or up) in the country. Florance and Tuscany in general are north of Rome.

kriegerdesgottes
09-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Actually you could tell even before the hideout from the parking garage where all the signs were written in Italian.

Blind2Society
09-15-2011, 11:36 AM
Kind of strange considering English is the language of everyone we hear speak, along with the lack of accents. Then again we didn't hear that many people speak.

naran6142
09-15-2011, 01:48 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Kind of strange considering English is the language of everyone we hear speak, along with the lack of accents. Then again we didn't hear that many people speak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it possible that the people we did hear speak weren't from Italy

LightRey
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Blind2Society:
Kind of strange considering English is the language of everyone we hear speak, along with the lack of accents. Then again we didn't hear that many people speak. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it possible that the people we did hear speak weren't from Italy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd say it's very likely. Desmond is most likely not Italian of course, since he grew up in a desert, Shaun is from England and basically any other Assassin could be from anywhere around the world, same goes for the Templars.

blazefp
09-15-2011, 01:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

it possible that the people we did hear speak weren't from Italy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'd say it's very likely. Desmond is most likely not Italian of course, since he grew up in a desert, Shaun is from England and basically any other Assassin could be from anywhere around the world, same goes for the Templars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't Desmond american? I always assumed he was, I'm not quite sure why. I think they said that in the booklet but I'm not sure

Rakudaton
09-15-2011, 02:08 PM
From Desmond's accent, I think we can safely assume he's American. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What puzzles me is this: when you're escaping Abstergo, one of the guards yells "There they are! Don't let them get away!" in a clearly American accent; the other guards who speak are the same. Why on earth did Abstergo feel the need to draft in its low-level employees all the way from America? I could understand them moving an important scientist or consultant from one country to another, but security guards? Really?

Are Italian guards just that bad?

*Mentally replays ACII and Brotherhood*

Oh yeah. Yes, yes they are that bad. Good lord. They might have improved over the past 500 years, but still...

Blind2Society
09-15-2011, 02:19 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:

Oh yeah. Yes, yes they are that bad. Good lord. They might have improved over the past 500 years, but still... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

LightRey
09-15-2011, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rakudaton:
From Desmond's accent, I think we can safely assume he's American. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

What puzzles me is this: when you're escaping Abstergo, one of the guards yells "There they are! Don't let them get away!" in a clearly American accent; the other guards who speak are the same. Why on earth did Abstergo feel the need to draft in its low-level employees all the way from America? I could understand them moving an important scientist or consultant from one country to another, but security guards? Really?

Oh yeah. Yes, yes they are that bad. Good lord. They might have improved over the past 500 years, but still... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I wouldn't be surprised if Abstergo employees need some kind of clearance before actually getting to work in any of it's actual offices, which would mean they would need to prove they're up for supporting the Templars and since there would probably not be many such people out there, they'd be from all over the world.

WillPiff
09-15-2011, 02:30 PM

I think it's pretty obvious. If their employees at Abstergo, their not getting left behind in America, I doubt they would want to share all those details with some random Italian off the street.

Blind2Society
09-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Left behind? The templars are a world wide order.

Oh and I notice that BC eagles avatar. You from beantown?

kriegerdesgottes
09-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Desmond is for sure American, in the book you got with the first game, it says for Desmond "Nationality: U.S" also isn't there a point in the games where Sean makes a remark like "oh you Americans" or something like that?

LightRey
09-15-2011, 05:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
Desmond is for sure American, in the book you got with the first game, it says for Desmond "Nationality: U.S" also isn't there a point in the games where Sean makes a remark like "oh you Americans" or something like that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Not sure. He does make a comment about England and Europe, implicating that neither Rebecca nor Lucy are European.

Blind2Society
09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure why but I get the feeling that Desmond grew up in Arizona. I don't know if it was said in a game or what, maybe it's just in my head.

Altair661
09-15-2011, 07:22 PM
Well Obviously Abstergo has some American activities. The Denver Incident, The Philidelphia (something). But there is Assassin's in America. I don't remember specifically where, but in one of the emails where "William M" it might be. Whomever it is that is sending emails to Sean from the HQ. He states the different Assassin's stationed throughout the world, and one of them is in America, but it's 'Code Red' and 'gone silent' or something along those lines. So maybe Abstergo has tighter security over America since they've been very tight over people coming in and out of the country since 9/11.

As for the Assassin's main HQ, I'm thinking somewhere in Europe. And close to Abstergo since they were able to set up an attack on them in AC1. However, one thing I noticed. In the "Assassins Creed: Generations" they must've not noticed this. Since in the 3rd one they are trying to save Desmond (maybe like in AC1?) But the city in the first two seems to be in America..doesn't make much sense, but it's not cannon so it doesn't matter anyway.

Altair661
09-15-2011, 07:33 PM
I would find the email myself but I just recently beat the game again, thus I'd have to play it again and get a decent way through to find it...kinda playing Dues Ex right now!

Jexx21
09-15-2011, 07:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
I would find the email myself but I just recently beat the game again, thus I'd have to play it again and get a decent way through to find it...kinda playing Dues Ex right now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God, I want Dues Ex so badly. But I'm waiting for Christmas when it will go on sale on Steam, and I can get it for half-price along with other games.

Altair661
09-15-2011, 07:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
I would find the email myself but I just recently beat the game again, thus I'd have to play it again and get a decent way through to find it...kinda playing Dues Ex right now! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God, I want Dues Ex so badly. But I'm waiting for Christmas when it will go on sale on Steam, and I can get it for half-price along with other games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's pretty good, I think I'm about half way through. It takes a few missions to get going but when you start getting augmentations, it's pretty sweet. They basically lay down the rules, and if you can think it, you can most likely do it. Whithin the rules.

Jexx21
09-15-2011, 08:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

God, I want Dues Ex so badly. But I'm waiting for Christmas when it will go on sale on Steam, and I can get it for half-price along with other games. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's pretty good, I think I'm about half way through. It takes a few missions to get going but when you start getting augmentations, it's pretty sweet. They basically lay down the rules, and if you can think it, you can most likely do it. Whithin the rules. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I heard HR wasn't as good as the original, but I can't go to the original due to the fact that it has really bad graphics compared to what I'm used to today. Seeing as I only really started playing games as a serious hobby around a year and half ago, the same time that I got into PC gaming.

LightRey
09-16-2011, 04:42 AM
Well Obviously Abstergo has some American activities. The Denver Incident, The Philidelphia (something). But there is Assassin's in America. I don't remember specifically where, but in one of the emails where "William M" it might be. Whomever it is that is sending emails to Sean from the HQ. He states the different Assassin's stationed throughout the world, and one of them is in America, but it's 'Code Red' and 'gone silent' or something along those lines. So maybe Abstergo has tighter security over America since they've been very tight over people coming in and out of the country since 9/11.

As for the Assassin's main HQ, I'm thinking somewhere in Europe. And close to Abstergo since they were able to set up an attack on them in AC1. However, one thing I noticed. In the "Assassins Creed: Generations" they must've not noticed this. Since in the 3rd one they are trying to save Desmond (maybe like in AC1?) But the city in the first two seems to be in America..doesn't make much sense, but it's not cannon so it doesn't matter anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I believe there's a team in Denver, though I think that one was compromised.

As for the HQ being in Europe, I somewhat doubt that. If William really is one of the "head" Assassins, he wouldn't say things like how he didn't know how hot Europe could be if their HQ was in Europe.