PDA

View Full Version : why!!!???

KsA-MusLeM
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi
My English not ver good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
so i see Assassin's Creed Revelations Gameplay Demo on you tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0nRRFLJ5k)

so in minute 1:02 i heard THE hajj and in minute 3:40 I heard Azan !!! in my relgion (ISLAM) Music with Azan together Forbidden in the religion We hope you delete The Azan or The Music

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

KsA-MusLeM
06-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Hi
My English not ver good http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif
so i see Assassin's Creed Revelations Gameplay Demo on you tube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh0nRRFLJ5k)

so in minute 1:02 i heard THE hajj and in minute 3:40 I heard Azan !!! in my relgion (ISLAM) Music with Azan together Forbidden in the religion We hope you delete The Azan or The Music

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/heart.gif

notafanboy
06-07-2011, 12:22 PM
as soon as a game is set in the middle east, a bunch of religious nutjobs starts to invade our forums,*sigh*

lanep25
06-07-2011, 01:01 PM
The Assassin's Creed series has always been controversial and raising eyebrows when it comes to the aspect of religion, be it Christian or Muslim. They aren't going to change it for a group of players. If you are offended by it's content, don't play it. Simple.

lukaszep
06-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Yeah i mean it's not intended to offend anyone, why would they want to do that? Also it's not like they wrote the song. Besides the trailers already been released and is on hundreds of websites and undoubtedly been posted on youtube hundreds of times, it's not really possible for them to censor it.
p.s. You would need to contact someone at Ubisoft about this, no one can help much on the forums, unless a moderator was able to pass it on.

cptn_k
06-07-2011, 05:42 PM
In most religions (Islam included), killing someone is forbidden, even though people still do it.

This game is about killing.

If you are offended by what you have heard, yet play the game to kill other players, you are a hypocrite.

lanep25
06-07-2011, 07:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cptn_k:
In most religions (Islam included), killing someone is forbidden, even though people still do it.

If you are offended by what you have heard, yet play the game to kill other players, you are a hypocrite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exaggerated. Just because one plays a first person shooter (or in this case AC) doesn't mean that they are actually committing the "sin"/crime of killing a real person. It doesn't make them a hypocrite. That exaggeration comes close to the comparative that if I play video games, that I will go on a killing spree, because one thinks they have influenced a player. The connotation is offensive.

This is a different matter entirely. There are some content in media products that are considered offensive to their religious beliefs. If the content in this game is offensive to your religious belief, DON'T PLAY IT!!!!! It won't be changed in the game. Sometimes to follow the tenets of one's belief one has to make sacrifices. Simple as that.

Abeonis
06-07-2011, 10:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KsA-MusLeM:
We hope you delete The Azan or The Music </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is "we" exactly?

stevie-jay
06-08-2011, 05:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KsA-MusLeM:
We hope you delete The Azan or The Music </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Who is "we" exactly? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All the religious nutjobs, of course.

cptn_k
06-08-2011, 10:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lanep25:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cptn_k:

If you are offended by what you have heard, yet play the game to kill other players, you are a hypocrite. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's exaggerated. Just because one plays a first person shooter (or in this case AC) doesn't mean that they are actually committing the "sin"/crime of killing a real person. It doesn't make them a hypocrite. That exaggeration comes close to the comparative that if I play video games, that I will go on a killing spree, because one thinks they have influenced a player. The connotation is offensive. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The comparitive you mention has nothing to do with my comments, and I don't for one minute think playing a killing game makes one a killer.

My point is that the OP comes across as a hypocrite, by stating they are religious enough to be offended by what they hear, but overlooks what they see or do, which is/could be equally as offending.
It feels like they have homed in on one thing that bothers them, and asked for it to be changed on religious grounds.

The game is developed and made in a multi cultural society, and I'm sure it's not intended to offend anyone specifically.

If the OP is offended, then they can either not buy/play it, or just accept it and ignore it.

What is being asked is similar to going to a non muslim country and demanding butchers remove pork and bacon products from the counter, because it isn't accepted as a muslim food product, rather than just not going into the shop or walking on the other side.

I actually find that offensive, hence my post, as it imposes views I don't believe in on me.

Anyway, this is neither the time nor the place for a theologic arguement or discussion.
I've stated my opinion, which wasn't meant to offend, merely point out the inconsistencies in the OP's point of view.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by lanep25:
If the content in this game is offensive to your religious belief, DON'T PLAY IT!!!!! It won't be changed in the game. Sometimes to follow the tenets of one's belief one has to make sacrifices. Simple as that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sums it up well.

lanep25
06-08-2011, 10:32 AM
It feels like they have homed in on one thing that bothers them, and asked for it to be changed on religious grounds.

If the OP is offended, then they can either not buy/play it, or just accept it and ignore it.

What is being asked is similar to going to a non muslim country and demanding butchers remove pork and bacon products from the counter, because it isn't accepted as a muslim food product, rather than just not going into the shop or walking on the other side.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I understand what you are saying now: Picking and choosing what to be offended at, and enforcing ones religious belief on another to demand "special" exceptions.

I don't mean to stereotype, but this is the behavior of religious zealotry. They focus on one tenet while turning a blind eye to another tenet, as if it holds less regard or it is an exception. But enough of that.

rifle_inURhed
06-11-2011, 05:31 AM
i am a Muslim i am not offended by anything in the assassins franchise I've bought all of the assassins creed games which have been released and im going to buy revelations. quite frankly i don't care whether they use the adhaan in the game However i do care if they mock it. also i do understand why the adhaan is there, its obviously there to give a better gaming effect and to take u in too the game and quite frankly i would have expected it to have the adhaan as the game as the game is based in the middle east. and also I LOVE THE ASSASSINS CREED FRANCHISE THE STORY IN ALL THE GAMES ARE COMPELLING ORIGINAL AND FASCINATING.

ksaad
08-08-2011, 05:31 AM
I'm Muslim too, and I don't find anything offensive in the particular parts KsA-MusLeM referred to. If you watched the narrated gameplay you'll notice that the Adhan just isn't there, hence it wasn't a part of the playing soundtrack (unless Ubisoft, somehow sensed negative feedback and had it removed, which is unlikely).

If you're really not okay with hearing the Adhan while the music plays, you can always mute the music in the game's options. I mean, there's definitely an option to mute the music, eh?

BlackRose1809
09-19-2011, 10:29 AM
I think it's cool that they added the diverse cast and religion in the game. And besides Muslims are not the only religion in this game. My religion, catholic was in these games too. and I thought it was awesome and creative that they put all that stuff about it in the game. The reason the creators did all that was because they want to add as much realism in the game as they can.

W4H1B
09-26-2011, 12:01 PM
Lol@lanep25's first comment http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

If the game HAD influenced you and caused you to go out and randomly kill someone, dressed in an Altair CosPlay outfit, that kid would be spamming this discussion with 'I told you so's. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/34.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif