PDA

View Full Version : Storm of War Availability

BlindSpot6
02-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Please educate me. I guess I am sort of a purest. Since the first series IL2 was released I have totally amerced myself in IL2, FB, and PF. My Grandfather who is 84 (flew the A36 which is a modified P51 for ground attack) enjoys it also. I am not interested in 1946 again for purest reasons.

HAS "STORM OF WAR" BEEN RELEASED? IF SO CAN I GET IT IN THE U.S.? IF NOT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN. WHY WOULD WE GET RID OF PF FORUM AND CHANGE IT TO SOW IF STORM OF WAR IS NOT AVAILABLE YET?

Maybe these are stupid questions....sorry I am not always up to date.

Thanks!
JH

BlindSpot6
02-10-2007, 03:22 PM
Please educate me. I guess I am sort of a purest. Since the first series IL2 was released I have totally amerced myself in IL2, FB, and PF. My Grandfather who is 84 (flew the A36 which is a modified P51 for ground attack) enjoys it also. I am not interested in 1946 again for purest reasons.

HAS "STORM OF WAR" BEEN RELEASED? IF SO CAN I GET IT IN THE U.S.? IF NOT DOES ANYONE KNOW WHEN. WHY WOULD WE GET RID OF PF FORUM AND CHANGE IT TO SOW IF STORM OF WAR IS NOT AVAILABLE YET?

Maybe these are stupid questions....sorry I am not always up to date.

Thanks!
JH

Xiolablu3
02-10-2007, 03:45 PM
No, Strom Of War is quite a long way off yet.

Get Il2 1946 (the newest update with all the addons, patches games ever released included) and play online with us, you will love it.

It has 225 flyable planes and even more AI planes. You will then be up to date to play online. Just because it has the 1946 name, dont let that put you off. it also includes the 'Sturmokviks over manchuria' and 'Pe2 Peshka' addons/campaigns. Its the Complete IL2 series on one DVD. It includes new 'real' planes as well as the 1946 stuff. Ki27/ki43-II/N1K2 George/IL10/Pe2/Pe3 and more that I cant remember

You will have to mail order from Gogamer or NWS if you are in the USA. These are 2 good suppliers who import to the USA.

There are links on this board somewhere for these stores.

Spectre1968
02-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Like Xiolablu3 says http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/agreepost.gif

Just because it says 1946 you don`t have to fly the 46 models

BOB:SOW looks like 4th quarter 07, more likly 1st Quarter 08
Rather have it correct than quick

major_setback
02-10-2007, 05:14 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> It includes new 'real' planes as well as the 1946 stuff. Ki27/ki43-II/N1K2 George/IL10/Pe2/Pe3 and more that I cant remember </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Off the top of my head - it has a big Japanese bomber too (Ki 21?) and a variant of the A20 with a different nose (bomb aimer position/glass front?).

BlindSpot6
02-11-2007, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the info guys!

Jaws2002
02-11-2007, 12:27 AM
With the IL-2 1942 we also got improvement in flight models. I'd say dramatic improvement in some of them. P-51, P-38, Machi-202/205 and a lot of other planes were improved in away ore another.
We also got six or seven new <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">gorgeous</span> maps, A few hundred new skins, few old default skins have been replaced and a lot of them are due to be changed soon.

I think this one is worth every penny, since will keep you interested until BOB comes out.